eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My listings were ripped down and my account was placed on hold?

Default Re: My listings were ripped down and my account was placed on hold?

Oh Dear..
    But in future if they take them down, they can put them back up for you just as quick :P so always contact support first to save yourself the time an energy :P
    Makes me laugh as sometimes I have duplicated by accident not being sure if i have relisted an item when its sold, and its not been taken down .. but when you dont want something removing you can guarantee it will Vanish without trace.. oh the joys of modern technology.

The list I uploaded was from people I bought and mostly sold to on feeBay. Built it off of PayPal transaction emails.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

So, the scenario we now have is that you abused the system eBid supplies that's intended for you to contact your friends, and used it to spam your customers from elsewhere. This seems to have resulted, quite understandably, in one or more of those customers reporting the email as spam, which has given ebid a bunch of grief (we know this from previous discussions with them). Either a temporary suspension as a result of this, or a coincidental with problem with duplicate titles has caused your items to be de-listed. And for all this you're blaming ebid, and using phrases like "ripped down" in a public forum. Smooth.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Am I reading the OP differently to everyone else? eBid's message says HE (the OP) marked a mail from them as spam. Nothing to do with the 'mail a chum' facility.

Well am sure the fact that you are quite happy to supply companies with lists of customers email addresses will encourage sales. Not.

OP I have just looked at your about me page and some of your listings.... and I have also checked the American Data Protection Act 2001....

Nowhere do you state that you will be collecting data on your buyers or sellers this is contary to your data protection act and you "could" be taken to court

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    So, the scenario we now have is that you abused the system eBid supplies that's intended for you to contact your friends, and used it to spam your customers from elsewhere. This seems to have resulted, quite understandably, in one or more of those customers reporting the email as spam, which has given ebid a bunch of grief (we know this from previous discussions with them). Either a temporary suspension as a result of this, or a coincidental with problem with duplicate titles has caused your items to be de-listed. And for all this you're blaming ebid, and using phrases like "ripped down" in a public forum. Smooth.
    Well if they don't want emails but from people you "actually" know the should say that right next to where you upload them, and not on a different page in fine print.

I personally don't know a couple hundred people's emails. Heck i don't personally know a couple of hundred people on a friend/family level, who does?

And de-listing = ripping it down. Just like custodian = janitor, and administrative assistant = secretary. Flower it up as much as you like meanings are still going to be the same.

Thread Information