Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Interested

3 30.00%
  • NOT Interest

7 70.00%

Thread: Voice Chat or a Chatroom round table

Lightbulb Voice Chat or a Chatroom round table

Just spit balling. So much feeling is lost in posting, and sometimes points are misunderstood. There is yahoo, skype, and others probably. If you don't have a microphone you can still message with your keyboard. Only instead of posting on a thread it will be a real time chat.

I'm making this a PUBLIC poll so I can see who is interested and who is not.

I'm hoping that a variety of people are interested and will contribute.

Anyone playing music non-stop in a voice chat room should be hit with banana cream pies.

Forum Saint
    Kingswinford, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View crafters_corner_2's Feedback (+327)
    All-About crafters_corner_2
    View crafters_corner_2's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Voice Chat or a Chatroom round table

Quote Originally Posted by theweaverboy View Post
    Just spit balling. So much feeling is lost in posting, and sometimes points are misunderstood. There is yahoo, skype, and others probably. If you don't have a microphone you can still message with your keyboard. Only instead of posting on a thread it will be a real time chat.

I'm making this a PUBLIC poll so I can see who is interested and who is not.

I'm hoping that a variety of people are interested and will contribute.

Anyone playing music non-stop in a voice chat room should be hit with banana cream pies.
    Please to say that I have a life. A real life. Not a virtual life.

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Sounds like fun; unfortunately, I'm likely not tech savvy enough to understand it.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

Quote Originally Posted by Mostly_Cookbooks View Post
    Please to say that I have a life. A real life. Not a virtual life.
    Such venom for something that is completely up to the individual. I have a life as well, and one should try to be joyful.

Just thought it would be interesting to chat with people instead of pretty much leaving post-it notes.

Been checking out various chat plat forms, and they all require you to download it. Best one looks like Skype(which now owned by Microsoft). You don't have to set up an alternate email account or anything. It's free unless you try to call someone on there home or cell phone from your computer... I guess it's not a bad deal if you have family/friends that live in different countries. Don't really know international long distance going rates are though.

Not interested in live talk here, there are enough methods out of eBid if 2 people needed to live talk.

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

OK, I'll admit it, the real reason I think it would be fun is that I just looooooove British accents and I'd love to hear what some of our UK friends sound like.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

View FBNeNotes's Feedback (+1108)
    All-About FBNeNotes
    View FBNeNotes's Listings
    Forum Posts

Dumb idea..... bury this thread.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Forums are non-intrusive and convenient. You can reply to any message from any time at your own convenience, give the reply as much thought as you like, and easily choose which discussions to be part of. You can start replying, get interrupted, come back to it, answer the phone and paint your nails all without any of this being a nuisance to yourself of the other parties involved. A chat room can provide an immediate answer, but only from those who happen to be around at the time - useful as long as speed is more important than variety or quality. I don't think they serve the same purpose. If somebody wants to set up a chat room or service to talk about ebid in addition to the forums I see no reason why they shouldn't just go ahead and offer it. It's not something I'd be likely to use, and I definitely wouldn't want ebid themselves to put any resources into any such provision, but I don't believe that's what's being suggested. Anybody who wants to do it - just get on with it; build it and see if they come.

Thread Information