My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Repeating request for drop down menu

Default Repeating request for drop down menu

I realise this has been brought up several times, but I have to ask again.

Would really like to see the option for a drop-down variant menu within listings.
    Eg.....you have an item in red,blue, green etc, the colour could be chosen on a drop down menu in the listing.

In my particular case, I use it elsewhere for my dog magnets for example, (i use it for other items too)
    I have at least 21 designs for each breed - and over 190 breeds - That makes over 3,900 individual listings for customers to go through - it is too much.
    Using a drop down menu which would offer each design for each breed could cut this down to around 190 listings.
    This would not necessarily have to affect the number of listings on the site - couldnt a box be ticked to say it is a variant listing, and the site would still pick it up as 21 single items?

Since I have been doing this elsewhere, the number of multiple purchases has increased dramatically.
    If someone is looking for a particular breed, they could see all the designs for that breed in one listing.
    That is much easier for customers, rather than trawling through almost 4,000 individual listings.

It also makes it a lot quicker and easier to list items (also to relist them as it cuts the number down dramatically).

Please eBid - can you give this some serious thought?
    It would be so useful for those that sell items in different sizes, colours, choices etc etc.
    (not saying that everyone would use it, but the option would be there)

Forum Diehard
    View PetBazaar's Feedback (+41)
    All-About PetBazaar
    View PetBazaar's Listings
    Forum Posts

I'll second this one, but with an additional request - that there can be more than one dropdown.

This would be incredibly handy for things like leads, dog coats and collars that might come in 4 or 5 colours and 6 or 7 different sizes.

I guess though that it might throw up problems pricing wise for example, where a size small, medium & large are three different prices - or indeed three different weights which then affect postage.

But would excellent to have if this could be factored in. But even a single dropdown (for variations that don't affect prices) would be welcomed.
    Last edited by PetBazaar; 25th February 2011 at 01:25 PM. Reason: because my typing was rotten first time round.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

I think a "choices" option would be very popular. Quite a tricky thing to design for maximum flexibility, but worth the effort as a selling point for the site.

Forum Saint
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MagnetsAndHangers View Post
    Where I use it, the price can be altered for each variant.
    Does it affect postage too?

Quote Originally Posted by PetBazaar View Post
    I'll second this one, but with an additional request - that there can be more than one dropdown.

This would be incredibly handy for things like leads, dog coats and collars that might come in 4 or 5 colours and 6 or 7 different sizes.

I guess though that it might throw up problems pricing wise for example, where a size small, medium & large are three different prices - or indeed three different weights which then affect postage.

But would excellent to have if this could be factored in. But even a single dropdown (for variations that don't affect prices) would be welcomed.
    Where I use it the price can be changed for every variant.

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    Does it affect postage too?
    Not in my case - I combine postage regardless of quantites - it is the same for 1 item as it is for 10.

Would have to look into it

Forum Saint
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Not in my case - I combine postage regardless of quantites - it is the same for 1 item as it is for 10.

Would have to look into it
    I was just thinking that if an option was, for example "plastic" or "stainless steel" it would make a difference to weight, and thus postage. But expecting it to cope with that might be pushing our luck!

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    I was just thinking that if an option was, for example "plastic" or "stainless steel" it would make a difference to weight, and thus postage. But expecting it to cope with that might be pushing our luck!
    Yes - there would be certain items it couldnt be expected to work with.

But for many categories, eg those stated by PetBazaar above, clothes sellers, etc etc it could be very useful.
    Especially for clothes sellers - nothing worse in finding an item, then having to go search for it in another colour, then another search for the size.

Forum Saint
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Yes - there would be certain items it couldnt be expected to work with.

But for many categories, eg those stated by PetBazaar above, clothes sellers, etc etc it could be very useful.
    Especially for clothes sellers - nothing worse in finding an item, then having to go search for it in another colour, then another search for the size.
    Agreed. Something simple would be nice, something clever would be even better, but I'll settle for nice.

Thread Information