My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Deleting old pictures and paying ebid

Question Deleting old pictures and paying ebid

I find getting around on ebid to do the simplest things very frustrating. Websites should be designed so that even an idiot can find his or her way.

I cannot find a link that allows me to delete the pictures of items I have sold. For example, I have some auctions posted on ebid and ebay. If I sell an item on ebay, I usually immediately delete that auction from ebid. The problem is that the picture still remains on ebid's site. I can see those pictures whenever I post another auction for something else on ebid. There is a link there that says delete this picture, but it does not delete the picture. I assume it only deletes it for a particular auction. I would think ebid would like all the no longer useful junk removed.

I cannot find a link that allows me to pay my fees to ebid. On ebay, all I have to do is click on ACCOUNT, then SELLER ACCOUNT, then MAKE A ONE TIME PAYMENT. Fortunately I only owe ebid 6 cents so I don't think anyone will start hollering at me yet.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

1. On your My Gallery page there are links (single image delete) and checkboxes (multiple image delete) adjacent to each image. Read the text at the top of the page regarding non-deletion of in-use images.

2. Unsurprisingly, the link(s) will appear on your Fees & Invoices page. Below a certain level they will not become due and your statement will show:

1) eBid will remove pictures used by closed or deleted auctions after 75 days. Until then, they remain in your gallery. As far as I know, you're the only person who can see them. What's the harm? If it were a problem for eBid, I'm sure they would change this policy.

2) If we make a payment to eBid of less than 35 cents, they LOSE MONEY. This is the flat fee that PayPal charges for a single transaction, regardless of how small the amount. Wait until your invoice gets high enough for them to make a profit and it will show that payment is due.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

There is a saying popular in IT that probably started in engineering that goes along the lines of, "if you design a system any idiot can use, then only idiots will use it". Be careful what you wish for.

View madelaine's Feedback (+5881)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

and there is another one "Making something Idiot proof is difficult because idiots are so ingenious"
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

Forum Master
    View darklisruthven's Feedback (+1327)
    All-About darklisruthven
    View darklisruthven's Listings
    Forum Posts

personally I dont mind. I take photos for each listing anyway. If the item sells, I dont need the picture anymore so after 75 days it will disappear without my doing anything (yes I can be quite lazy!), and if it doesnt sell and is re-listed, it stays. I am fine with that arrangement

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by darklisruthven View Post
    personally I dont mind. I take photos for each listing anyway. If the item sells, I dont need the picture anymore so after 75 days it will disappear without my doing anything (yes I can be quite lazy!), and if it doesnt sell and is re-listed, it stays. I am fine with that arrangement
    And there is the rub.

You cannot delete an image from your My Gallery area for a period of 75 days after it was last used in a listing (even if you subsequently deleted that listing, e.g. a test listing) as eBid needs it for display in Closed listings. eBid will (should) remove it after that 75 days anyway, when it archives the listing, so no real point in doing anything about it - just let the system take care of it.

The only practical use of the 'delete image' function is for images you uploaded but never used in a listing - for whatever reason.

Thread Information