Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Going Slow But Getting There.

Forum Newbie
    All-About pcflamia
    View pcflamia's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Going Slow But Getting There.

Just want to say I am learning new things on working with eBid. So far have over 80 cards in two stores. Do not want to get to many on yet untell I have some more things worked out. The one I am happy about today is I had about 12 cards disappear from one of my auctions. Started tracing why??. I found a place to look at auctions that were over and lo and behold there they were. There was a relist button so i relisted all and clicked it. And now the auctions are back in my store. I had to edit. Did not notice that they were listed as an auction and not "Untill Sold". I hope all problems are as simple.

My next one is - when I open an auction it dose not show Flat Rate for domestic shipping only calclated for Foreigh shipping. When I run Gallery or List it show The proper price and domestic flat rate show but when you click on the auction It shows athe Foreign rate. Anyone know why I am doing this? When I started learning to list auctions I am sure (??) that it showed up Properly.

Onward and Upward!! - Millie

Hi Millie,

Not sure how you are set up. Some auctions and some BINs? Some look to be run until sold. Only the expired items show up in past listings, and need to be relisted as yours did. You can set up a 7 day auction or BIN and tick the ten automatic relists. That way they will automatically relist themselves ten more times before ending up in past auctions. Less work for you. Good you are getting in habit of checking numbers every day. I do that too, check the ones I need to relist, and make sure number jives with what I had yesterday. That way you can handle any missing ones faster too, etc.

When I looked at your auctions there was a flat rate, 75 cents to Milwaukee, and I also clicked on UK shipping and it correctly calculated postage there. So I think it is working fine. Did you check your defaults and make sure they are set the way you want them to be? When I do a new listing I usually copy an old one for similiar thing so all my settings are the same. Some how maybe something changed in a few of yours? But like I said, all look good from my side.

For more attention, why not try auctions, BINs on all of your items, not just a few? Plus take off run until solds because this means the item stays on bottom of postcard lists forever, never moving to top. With auctions, they rise to top of list until auction expires. More people notice you. Set the auction slightly lower starting price than your BINs. Some people love auctions and will use them if it means saving even 50 cents on each card. Also, have a clear clear message about shipping discounts or buying multiples. People buy a lot of multiples here so I give free shipping 2nd times and 25% off 2nd item plus 30% 3rd, 4th etc. They gets them buying more items and it does not cost you any more to put 2 in envelope instead of one. Better to get people taking a dozen!

Good luck on ebid, glad to see you are active now. If you need any help, someone is always here to answer your questions.

Hi Milie.
    It is important too that you put BIN and 10 time auto relists on your auctions, because that's how they get the attention of Google. I've found that more than half my buyers were new members (and by that, I mean they joined on the same day as they bought from me). So I'm assuming they're coming in off search engines (Google?!).

Lisamarie23, I bought my seller+ a couple of months ago, and have made up the costs. It's very valuable for several reasons, but one is that you can do gallery auctions for nothing. When faced with a list of auctions, people's eyes are automatically drawn to the pictures. Now, to be honest I'm not selling much, but I never expected to, at least not initially. But, although I still sell quite a lot on feebay, my profits here are greater (I keep little spreadsheets to monitor the two). I also liked the seller+ scheme because it meant that when I'd made up that outlay, the only time I would ever pay again would be when I sold. It simply makes business sense.

Be patient - this is a growing business opportunity, and will take a little more time to really catch on.

Cheers
    Andy

http://onlinetoyland.ebid.net (Toys & Gadgets)

http://onlinediy.ebid.net (DIY Stuff)

http://onlinestlye.ebid.net (Style & Fashion)

Thread Information