Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Problems with Upgrade and Lack of help from Support

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    I know everybody's just trying to be helpful and reassure oldhillbilly about the site, but I do think when it comes to account based stuff only eBid can help. And if they're not responding fast enough, the best thing to do is joggle their elbow and make sure you haven't fallen into a worm-hole!! As I said before, I've always found support here to be timely and helpful, so if an answer is taking an extraordinary amount of time to appear, I'd be inclined to double-check with them.

It's rare, but it's not entirely unheard of for support tickets to disappear leaving the customer stranded and the support desk unaware there's an outstanding problem*. Another reply to the latest ticket asking if there's any progress isn't going to cause anybody a major problem, and costs nothing.

*There was an example of this just this week.
    Thanks

I have had to wait until the next day for a reply every time except once. And right now I have been waiting about 52 hours for a response to my last message. That is why I decided to post here. I am not getting anything via email.

I just cannot believe a site that is supposed to be competing for auction sellers and buyers and they cant even process my card or offer any alternative or even a clear reason as to why. I even offered to get a personal check, certified check or money order or whatever but no response at all to that, not even a "No thank you" or "We cant do that".

I am spending a lot of time and energy in trying to become a seller here but I really feel like 'they' dont care whether I am here or not.

I have had a really good experience as a buyer so far and have dealt with some great people but the staff or owners or whatever - not at all pleased with my dealings there.

----------------------------

This thread has been here for over 5 hours and no response from any staff member Most likely it will just die out and I will be looking elsewhere
    Last edited by oldhillbilly; 25th June 2010 at 07:15 PM.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by oldhillbilly View Post
    Thanks

I have had to wait until the next day for a reply every time except once.
    I'd have to say that would still be a good response time compared with nearly every big retail or auction site I've ever used. Same day response is common here, which may lead to ultra-high expectations on some fronts. 36 or even 48 hours is perfectly normal out there.

And right now I have been waiting about 52 hours for a response to my last message. That is why I decided to post here. I am not getting anything via email.
    52 is too long, hence my suggestion to jog their elbow.

I just cannot believe a site that is supposed to be competing for auction sellers and buyers and they cant even process my card or offer any alternative or even a clear reason as to why. I even offered to get a personal check, certified check or money order or whatever but no response at all to that, not even a "No thank you" or "We cant do that".
    No comment. Don't know what's really going on, and I'm not paid by eBid to protect their reputation. ;o)

I am spending a lot of time and energy in trying to become a seller here but I really feel like 'they' dont care whether I am here or not.
    To take those in reverse order... I'm sure they care, but they might not be aware you still have a problem. Tell them. For the first part.. don't. There's no need for you to keep banging on, or posting here, or restating your problems or all the other things that are eating up your time and energy. eBid have to deal with this. Let them. One reminder now and again to keep them paying attention is all you need to do. Then get on with the rest of your life. ;o)

I have had a really good experience as a buyer so far and have dealt with some great people but the staff or owners or whatever - not at all pleased with my dealings there.
    I believe that if you get this hiccough sorted, you'll have a good experience as a seller too. My advice would be not to get so hung up on it, just do your bit then let them earn their fees. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    ... I'm sure they care, but they might not be aware you still have a problem. Tell them. For the first part.. don't. There's no need for you to keep banging on, or posting here, or restating your problems or all the other things that are eating up your time and energy. eBid have to deal with this. Let them. One reminder now and again to keep them paying attention is all you need to do. Then get on with the rest of your life. ;o)
    I did tell them. I have told them several times. There have been a few emails back and forth. In their most recent email I was advised to try paying with PayPal even though I had already told them I did not have PayPal. I waited over 24 hours for the reply and that was all I got other than a request to install jingproject for a screen shot. To be honest I felt like my message wasnt really read very closely or I would have been offered more of an answer than 'try PayPal'

No need to keep hanging on or posting here???? Are you saying I should just leave and shut up? I have expressed my problems in email but nothing has been resolved.

I am not trying to make anyone mad and I am not trying to cause any problems. I just want to know why eBid is the only one who cannot take my money. It looks like if I am to sign up as a seller here I am expected to get a different card or something.

Froncysyllte Llangollen, Wrexham, United Kingdom
    View tjsprinting's Feedback (+433)
    All-About tjsprinting
    View tjsprinting's Listings
    Forum Posts

I did tell them. I have told them several times. There have been a few emails back and forth. In their most recent email I was advised to try paying with PayPal even though I had already told them I did not have PayPal. I waited over 24 hours for the reply and that was all I got other than a request to install jingproject for a screen shot. To be honest I felt like my message wasnt really read very closely or I would have been offered more of an answer than 'try PayPal'

No need to keep hanging on or posting here???? Are you saying I should just leave and shut up? I have expressed my problems in email but nothing has been resolved.

I am not trying to make anyone mad and I am not trying to cause any problems. I just want to know why eBid is the only one who cannot take my money. It looks like if I am to sign up as a seller here I am expected to get a different card or something.
    when you do sign up as a seller it would be in your best interest to have paypal as an option for receiving payments, although we hear awful stories they are few and far between when you think of how many people accept and buy using it.
    If you sign up for paypal you would then pay any future FVFs through paypal manually, where as if you sign up using your credit card the payments will automatically be taken from your card in future I believe

Made to measure internal and external softwood doors and gates.
    Visit our ebid store to see a wide range of ledge and brace, cottage, stable and garage doors along with a selection of single and paired gates. Just click on the banner above

Forum Saint
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Good heavens no! I'm not sure how you got that impression from all that I said, but I was just trying to find a way that you could free up your time and reduce the stress over this annoying situation. Please feel free to continue to post as much as you like, if you think it's helping (or at least letting you blow off steam). I think perhaps you've reached a level of annoyance now where any constructive help just looks like more noise, so I'll wander off with my fingers crossed and hope you get it sorted soon. G'night.

View gazza's Feedback (+2)
    All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi,

You attempted to upgrade using a card, this transaction was declined by your bank. We have no control whatsoever over this decision I'm afraid, we receive no further details as to why this decision was made by your card issuer.

When a card transaction is declined you will see options to upgrade via PayPal to SELLER+ 7, 30, 90 day and Lifetime. If you do not have a PayPal account already that is fine, you will see an option to pay with your card here. You can attempt to use the same card that was just declined.
    Last edited by gazza; 26th June 2010 at 12:02 AM.
    eBid.net
    Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy
    GBP and USD Affiliate Program Re-Launched .. Promote eBid and earn
    Got a problem? Record it for us using http://screencast-o-matic.com/

Quote Originally Posted by gazza View Post
    Hi,

You attempted to upgrade using a card, this transaction was declined by your bank. We have no control whatsover over this decision, we receive no further details as to why this decision was made by your card issuer.

When a card transaction is declined you will see options to upgrade via PayPal to SELLER+ 7, 30, 90 day and Lifetime. If you do not have a PayPal account already you will see an option to pay with your card here. You can attempt to use the same card that was just declined.
    Exactly what I have done and exactly what I have already told you. Did you actually read this thread before replying?

I understand you say that my bank is refusing the transaction but my bank states that they are not blocking or refusing the transaction whatsoever so for me it is just word against word.

As for the time spent - I have been spending a lot of time getting to know the auction site here and browsing through everything. I dont take the decision to pay for a membership lightly, so unless I look it over for awhile and determine that I think it is worth it to do so I wouldnt. (In fact even if it were free I wouldnt sign up and start selling until I had spent a lot of time checking it out. Less than a week ago I had barely heard of ebid). I like the way the auctions are setup and I have seen a lot of interesting items. So far all the sellers I have dealt with have been great and the forum seems fairly much the same. I decided I wanted to put my stake in here.

In a few days I will see about getting a different type of card and see how that goes.

As for PayPal - I had a PayPal acct for over 12 years and never had any problems at all. I used it quite a lot as I have been a full time freelance web publisher for about 6 years now. About a month ago I received a couple payments - the source account was closed and as a result they closed mine as well. So no PayPal for me. I am not trying to bring that up for discussion nor am I interested in going further with it. I was screwed by PayPal because of what someone else did but nothing to be done so thats that and I will make it without them.

Oh and Bykimbo - now I have reached a level of annoyance?
    Last edited by oldhillbilly; 26th June 2010 at 01:55 PM.

Forum Saint
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Oh and Bykimbo - now I have reached a level of annoyance?
    Well, you know the old saying... variety is the spice of life!

View TonyBridger's Feedback (+252)
    All-About TonyBridger
    View TonyBridger's Listings
    Forum Posts

Having dealt with similar problems I have often found the cause is a very slight difference between the name and address registered with the auction site and the details registered with the bank.

I know you are going to say you have checked the details already but have another look because the being familiar with your own details sometimes means we don't look at the details properly. I have known a Card Processor, like the one used by eBid, reject a payment because the registered address on the site had two commas together ,, in it. A simple mistake but it took us ages to solve that one. Even using a lower case letter on the auction site where the bank has a capital letter has been known to cause problems.
    My posts only state my own opinions, unless I've stolen them from someone else

Hey Tony - I just re-checked that with the payment page in one tab and my personal details on another. Everything was identical. Thanks for the idea.

Thread Information