My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Newbie here and need some help please

Smile Newbie here and need some help please

Hi everyone, signed up yesterday and want to put a template into listings but only get the html and it will not convert into plain text for me. Is there some secret to this? I so want to make a go of it here and even got my friend to sign up for the lifetime as well yesterday so we will be spreading the word around Sydney Australia. I have a market to do at the beginning of March and hopefully the T shirt will arrive by then so I can wear it on that day with pride and planning to have some business cards printed to hand out so I do want to start listing asap.

Hi and welcome from one newbie to another. If you want to change your HTML to WYSIWYG then go to My Defaults. There you will see how to change from Plain HTML to WYSIWYG. To get to My Defaults click on Home (top left of eBid) then scroll down a little and click on Summary, then scroll down and click on My Defaults.
    Hope this helps.

Best Regards..........John

Quote Originally Posted by Mommabearsplace View Post
    Hi everyone, signed up yesterday and want to put a template into listings but only get the html and it will not convert into plain text for me. Is there some secret to this? I so want to make a go of it here and even got my friend to sign up for the lifetime as well yesterday so we will be spreading the word around Sydney Australia. I have a market to do at the beginning of March and hopefully the T shirt will arrive by then so I can wear it on that day with pride and planning to have some business cards printed to hand out so I do want to start listing asap.
    Top left corner of the editor , or up around the editor area- change from either of the WYSIWYG options to plain text editor , then you can paste your code in, switch back to WYSIWYG and you can view the results .. if you are saying what I think you're saying .

the switch between editors is not immediately obvious- you need to go look for it ..
    Many changes yet again, started a new venture, and you can watch my store grow here: Really Rural Woodworks

Smile

Oh thank you both so much. Was trying all day to do it. Have something now to work upon.

Just tried the plain text and then advanced and Wow it is now working
    Last edited by Mommabearsplace; 14th February 2010 at 10:33 PM. Reason: reply to answers

Thread Information