Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Two paypal accounts on one ebid id?

View madelaine's Feedback (+5881)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Two paypal accounts on one ebid id?

With micropayments offering a saving on the fees for payments under £8.50, I have two accounts now. Until recently, I seldom listed anything over that limit on here but with improving sales, I am chancing some of my better items here. I would like to use the appropriate paypal account for the invoice total but I can't alter it without changing it on every listing. I'm not the only one with this problem.

Could this possibility be incorporated into ebid, please?
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

Forum Saint
    View Anniemcc2's Feedback (+3934)
    All-About Anniemcc2
    View Anniemcc2's Listings
    Forum Posts

May I add my support to this as the majority of my sales are under the Micropayments threshold.

View madelaine's Feedback (+5881)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

Forgive me for not searching back for a year, Kimbo!

However it shows that there is a demand!
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by madelaine View Post
    Forgive me for not searching back for a year, Kimbo!

However it shows that there is a demand!
    LOL that wasn't a criticism, it was support. The more the merrier!

Nakhon Ratchasima Thailand (Not Singapore), Singapore, United Kingdom
    View gazlannathai's Feedback (+796)
    All-About gazlannathai
    View gazlannathai's Listings
    Forum Posts

Add my voice, and my four stores to this request - each of those stores is supposed to be using different PayPal accounts as they are legally different entities - something else that eBid needs to address, allowing more than one seller account per seller when they own more than one business, even if the principal person is the same for each of them (though I'm not in any rush for this).

Allowing different PayPal accounts (or MoneyBookers, or Google Checkout etc) per store would be a good start.

Allowing different payment accounts on a per item basis would be even better.

At the end of the day, the programming requirement is rather simple, simple enough that even I could do it -
    1. INSERT into table(listing details) array ('payment_email_address', 'payment_service_name'); - - - and so on, it's not complete code, but it's basically adding a couple of fields to the relevant SQL table.

2. edit SYI form and NJ to add insert fields for payment-service name and email address (20 seconds work for even an incompetent coder).

3. Add a conditional display box for checkout, as an array (it's actually already there, it just needs the field names and data source queries updated with the new database field names)

4. Trickier, but last, update the API sender and receiver files to reflect the new database source-field names for the seller's payment choice and email ID.

All of the above is exactly what I'm doing this week and next week, on two oscommerce stores, plus a prototype script for a multi-vendor, multi-format, mall site - - - and I'm not a programmer, in fact I hadn't even heard of PHP and MySql 30 months ago. I'm fully self taught from just faffing with Open Source scripts, yet the eBid proposal isn't that difficult to do, and given a site script copy to play with, I could probably complete it in under two days, which includes pre-scripting familiarisation, and post-scripting bug hunting.

Where I think eBid made a rod for their own backs with this, is that originally they hoped that ppPay would be the only online payment service ever integrated into eBid. Because ppPay only allows one account per person, they saw no need for not just other payment processors, but also none for multi identity/account situations for any payment processor.

In defence of Da Boyz - if this is on the job sheet already, and being worked on, then I cannot praise them enough for working it to ensure zero glitches and maintain full security of user details - those being the bits that take up most of the development time. The initial raw coding takes minutes, but ensuring it doesn't impact something else in a negative way, is what takes up the bulk of the effort - something that feebay and Microslug tend to leave to their customer base, rather than pre-testing in-house, which is why they issue so many service kits and patches.

Just my two and sixpenneth worth

edit - in No 3 - also update the after auction email templates - probably several hours with this to track them all down and include (where relevant) options for seller to choose their payment email they want to use for that transaction - e.g. a multi-item sale lifting the total above the maxima for micropayments.
    Last edited by gazlannathai; 11th February 2010 at 09:55 AM.

View cmjewels925's Feedback (+7924)
    All-About cmjewels925
    View cmjewels925's Listings
    Forum Posts

It would be great to be able to set the account by item but I would also like to be able to over-ride the specified PayPal account on the invoice.

I've just had one of my bead customers place an order; no individual item was more than £1.75 so I would like my micro account as the default for that but, as she bought 31 items, I want the payment to go to my merchant account.

CMEJewellery For all your jewellery needs.

Beads 'n' Bobs For beads.

Charms 'n' Findings For charms and jewellery making supplies.

View cmjewels925's Feedback (+7924)
    All-About cmjewels925
    View cmjewels925's Listings
    Forum Posts

bump

CMEJewellery For all your jewellery needs.

Beads 'n' Bobs For beads.

Charms 'n' Findings For charms and jewellery making supplies.

Thread Information