My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: bulk Lister

Default bulk Lister

Becaues of continued delays to the Ninja, I reverted to using the bulk uploader last night.
    Uploaded 3 lots no problem.

Today - I have another ready to upload but getting the following error message

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request. Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@localhost and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.
    More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

I also sent a copy of the error to support.

Got the following response.
    More information about this error may be available in the server
    > error log.

unquote

Where do I find that?

server logs = accessible to the admins only - That is a 500 Internal Error.. Means the software ran into a problem , or it crashed while processing the request , or some stray data leaked into the output , in any case the server was unable to process it.

Did you try going back and re-submitting ?

In many cases a cgi-script that returns a 500 error on one attempt will work just fine on the next attempt. It's a common issue with compiled cgi scripted pages.. If it consistently delivers a 500 internal server error, then the information as to what caused it is often in the server's error logs .. if it doesnt consistently do this, then most often all that is found in the error logs is something like "Premature end of script headers in {somescript.cgi} " - which usually means some stray piece of data got output to the browser before the script could complete execution, and since headers were already sent (they have to be before output is sent), the script could not complete, thus the 500 error.. (Logs are not something us web users can access - only server admins can access it)

Generally if I see this happen once, I'll re-try the same attempt once or twice more .. if it fails both times, then I'll note the URL in the browser address bar, write down details of what button or link I clicked on, and from what page, and what data was involved (if it was a form being filled out or a file being uploaded, etc) - trying to get as much detail as possible so admins can attempt to re-create it , and they also know what to look for in error logs (which are often quite massive on sites as busy as this, IF they actually do keep logs ..)
    Many changes yet again, started a new venture, and you can watch my store grow here: Really Rural Woodworks

Thanks for that info - will bear it in mind.

I just imported the same file of 174 into ninja, and uploaded them that way - successfully.

This is now just plain stupid.

Cant use the old uploaded because of problem reported earlier, and now cant import the same file into ninja as it is dropped chunks of text.

Wasted enough time messing around with this now

Forum Lurker
    View bitzunbobz's Feedback (+1046)
    All-About bitzunbobz
    View bitzunbobz's Listings
    Forum Posts

Still broken as of now. Can someone please look at this.

Forum Lurker
    View bitzunbobz's Feedback (+1046)
    All-About bitzunbobz
    View bitzunbobz's Listings
    Forum Posts

Bulk lister seems to be working now. Thanks.

View gazza's Feedback (+2)
    All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

Fixed. Thx for pointing it out.

G
    eBid.net
    Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy
    GBP and USD Affiliate Program Re-Launched .. Promote eBid and earn
    Got a problem? Record it for us using http://screencast-o-matic.com/

Forum Lurker
    Kettering, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    View the_iron_dwarf's Feedback (+171)
    All-About the_iron_dwarf
    View the_iron_dwarf's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by stampingonlundy View Post
    Perhaps this is Ebids way to get more sales of the Lister (even thou it's as bad), by messing with the old spread sheet upload system............no uploads no sales no sales no fees no fees no ebid.
    you do not buy the lister, it is free.
    what I expect has happened is that people have been concentrating on the new ninja lister and have not been looking out for other things going wrong.

NL is still in beta and normally users would not get it at this time, often then a bugged version would be released or even sold with most software, just look at all the fixes for microsoft stuff in the past after you have paid for it.

here it is being done a little more publicly and anyone ( seller+ ) can try it out for themselves and put forward changes
    http://uk.ebid.net/perl/main.cgi?wor...arch&type=user
    trying to get back up to 100+ listings ( I hope )

Thread Information