Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: I don't know where to leave this message..

Forum Newbie
    View xpressva's Feedback (+1634)
    All-About xpressva
    View xpressva's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default I don't know where to leave this message..

I want to know what are the chances of Ebid profiting from the latest round of price increases at the other site. I joined because of it. They priced me right out of their marketplace. Unfortunately it takes a lot more to get buyers over here. I hope it really helps though.

View banrigh's Feedback (+2954)
    All-About banrigh
    View banrigh's Listings
    Forum Posts

Sales have been going really well for me the last few days and I believe its being in Google Shopping that is bringing me new customers.

Quote Originally Posted by xpressva View Post
    I want to know what are the chances of Ebid profiting from the latest round of price increases at the other site. I joined because of it. They priced me right out of their marketplace. Unfortunately it takes a lot more to get buyers over here. I hope it really helps though.
    ebid profits every time feebay stumbles. That seems to be a lot lately. ebid is the #1 alternative auction site in world, so you bet we have ex-feebayers flooding in here. This site has the most traffic, listings, sellers, and buyers.

Your comment about "unfortunately" shows you are still in the feebay mode of thinking. In order to be successful on this site you have to leave that thinking behind so that you can learn new skills and sell successfully here.

i.e. because of our google link (ebid downloads to google so your items appear in google searchs often within an hour), the more you list here, the more you sell. Do not just list a few items like you did on feebay and wait for sales. They will not come. Get 200 or 400 or 600 items on and you will generate daily sales.

You will get buyers from google, your old feebay customers, ebid sellers/buyers, and self marketing (i.e. handing out info at your store, your website, at fairs, etc).

Do some research here before you put your listings up. There are about 20 tips for selling on these forums, read them and do them. If you follow those tips, within 2-3 weeks you will have your first sale. If not, come back and let us look at your listings and suggest tweeks to get sales going.

Welcome to ebid!

Quote Originally Posted by banrigh View Post
    Sales have been going really well for me the last few days and I believe its being in Google Shopping that is bringing me new customers.

Yes, I agree, something is going on, I am not quite sure what it is. Yesterday I had 41 bids/sales, and was over the moon. Today I got 21 more! Mine are two past buyers who originally came in thru the googlelink, one 6 months ago, one just last month.

Obviously buyers do not know that this is the slow season, and that no one buys anything on ebid!!!

View iwiw60's Feedback (+761)
    All-About iwiw60
    View iwiw60's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by deltadelta48 View Post
    Yes, I agree, something is going on, I am not quite sure what it is. Yesterday I had 41 bids/sales, and was over the moon. Today I got 21 more! Mine are two past buyers who originally came in thru the googlelink, one 6 months ago, one just last month.

Obviously buyers do not know that this is the slow season, and that no one buys anything on ebid!!!
    I'll second that, too! In the past 8-10 days I've sold way more items than normal, and I also attribute it to the Google Shopping thingie. I'm a happy camper!!

Forum Lurker
    View jcersales's Feedback (+162)
    All-About jcersales
    View jcersales's Listings
    Forum Posts

Wow, that is amazing all the sales/bids you guys are getting. I have been told before you have to have more listings here and am in the process of putting more over that I can't afford to keep on feebay. Closing the store there too.

View banrigh's Feedback (+2954)
    All-About banrigh
    View banrigh's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jcersales View Post
    Wow, that is amazing all the sales/bids you guys are getting. I have been told before you have to have more listings here and am in the process of putting more over that I can't afford to keep on feebay. Closing the store there too.
    Lots of luck to ya and hope many sales come your way!

and if you upgrade to seller+ you also get 5 free stores and 5 free pictures aswell
    Don't walk in front of me..I may not follow-don't walk behind me..I may not lead-just walk beside me and be my friend.
    Albert Camus

PERSONAL RECORD SET
    27hours 30minutes without sleep

I just paid eBid a whopping $6.40 for our January invoice. Our best month since we joined. What an incredible bargain!

No, that's not sarcasm, it's the truth. I am soooo happy we moved here.

Thread Information