Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: YDC Rules - Open Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by BabsnRay View Post
    Just catching up with everything thats happened in the past few days.

Thanks for stopping in ont his one Frank and thank you very much for your time and comments. As the YDC was one of your babies I was hoping that you'd stop by and give some thoughts on it.

A lot of what you say makes perfect sense and gives a lot of food for thought re what if any changes will be made.

Thanks again
    No probs Babs, just my 2p worth.
    Yorkie

My FaceBook page.
    My Twitter page.
    My YouTube channel.

Mention eBid if you add me on FaceBook or Twitter so I know where you are from.

Originally Posted by BabsnRay
    1 - Change the up to start price from 99p to £1 - to make it easier for our overseas friends to calculate the exchange rate.

Quote Originally Posted by yorkiesauctions View Post
    Sounds like a good idea to me.
    And me - over the last few days the pound has strengthened and I would be starting any charity auction at 86p rather than £1 if I was to be restricted to starting at 1 euro. I am happy to list at the equivalent of £1 (like everyone else) so that I can raise the most money possible for the charity!

View youmeus's Feedback (+203)
    All-About youmeus
    View youmeus's Listings
    Forum Posts

I don't understand why you need to put your listing prices to accomodate us from the USA, the rates are on each listing for us. Am I missing something?

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by youmeus View Post
    I don't understand why you need to put your listing prices to accomodate us from the USA, the rates are on each listing for us. Am I missing something?
    There's always been a rule about what the maximum start price should be.

Forum Saint
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Point of order. I said earlier that one ebidder "doesn't have time to worry about stopping and starting things, so he lists YDC items all the time with no number associated, and his stuff isn't included in the competition."

Turns out I was talking gibberish. I must have misremembered something I'd been told. It doesn't work like that at all. Unfortunately said ebidder took this and the reply to heart, so I apologise for any distress.

p.s. said ebidder has asked if references to him can be edited out, so I'll do that in my original post and if anybody can edit their quotes he would appreciate it.

Or maybe the time has come for Babs to summarise the position / opinions so far and start a new discussion? Then this one can go?
    Last edited by bykimbo; 29th January 2010 at 05:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    Point of order. I said earlier that one ebidder "doesn't have time to worry about stopping and starting things, so he lists YDC items all the time with no number associated, and his stuff isn't included in the competition."

Turns out I was talking gibberish. I must have misremembered something I'd been told. It doesn't work like that at all. Unfortunately said ebidder took this and the reply to heart, so I apologise for any distress.

p.s. said ebidder has asked if references to him can be edited out, so I'll do that in my original post and if anybody can edit their quotes he would appreciate it.

Or maybe the time has come for Babs to summarise the position / opinions so far and start a new discussion? Then this one can go?

Thanks.
    Dan

Forum Diehard
    View gramma1111's Feedback (+746)
    All-About gramma1111
    View gramma1111's Listings
    Forum Posts

Forgive me if I'm being thick or speaking out of turn, but I believe we're losing sight of the whole reason behind the YDC. I thought the purpose was twofold, one to raise money for charity and two-to have a good time. In a twelve step program that I belong to we have a solution to most everything,,,it is called KISS an acronym for Keep It Simple Sweetie. Let's not complicate the YDC with all sorts of rules and regulations, which most of us hate anyway. Let's keep it simple by raising money to go to the appointed charities on both sides of the pond. Pay the shipping or not as each individual sees fit, if an item keeps selling each month such as t-shirts, bears or what have you then I say great, because it is raising money for the charity or charities. By limiting an item to sell only once places the person selling as the focus rather than the charity itself; that's wrong. Another thing I see wrong, in my humble opinion, is a percentage going to charity????????Where did that come from, my understanding has always been that everything we auction goes to charity, plus or minus the shipping. Obviously I don't agree with percentages, that once again puts an individual as the focus and makes the charity secondary. That's wrong too. Please don't ruin a good thing by complicating it, remember KISS.

xxxx well said
    --Linda--
    all feedback from eBid

Forum Saint
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CarnoustieCats View Post
    xxxx well said
    Do you think? I haven't seen any evidence that anybody in this discussion has lost sight of the main purpose of YDC. And I think anybody who believes the current rules to be "simple" hasn't read them. Some of the suggestions in this thread have been to *simplify* the existing rules. I've lost track of the number of times newcomers have had to have the YDC explained to them, and there are many regular ebidders who took their time about joining in because they simply didn't understand it.

There is a very normal human reaction to dislike change. But if nothing's ever changed, it can never be improved. Maybe no change is required here, but if we never discuss it we'll never know.

I agree with both of you (she says getting splinters from the fence in her behind ) - I just thought it was a good post and like the no percentages and the KISS

.. noticed a few more new more auctions which have YDC 73 (with a space) - worth checking out
    Last edited by CarnoustieCats; 30th January 2010 at 09:30 AM. Reason: Addition
    --Linda--
    all feedback from eBid

Thread Information