Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: confused about seller account...? Help

Forum Newbie
    All-About grn910
    View grn910's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default confused about seller account...? Help

I want to join now. I have alot of travel items, health & beauty, skin care, & hair products to sell. Im confused about what the seller accounts include. The free seller account, the seller + 7days, + 30 days? Does that mean I can only list 1 item if I only get the free account, the list as many as I can in 7days if I get the next account? Please someone explain. Thank you so much

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

There is no FREE seller account.

There is a Seller account which has a 3% final value fee on basic listings.

Then there is the Seller+ account which is a recurring subscription - except for the Seller+ Lifetime account which is a one off payment.

No type of account limits the number of items you can list. All Seller+ account types are the same and merely make more features available compared to the basic Seller account.

If my ISP has fixed the problems they have been having tonight - see here: http://homepage.ntlworld.com/astral....icks.htm#a0004

Forum Newbie
    All-About grn910
    View grn910's Listings
    Forum Posts

Got it. Thanks.

Forum Newbie
    View juliartz's Feedback (+6)
    All-About juliartz
    View juliartz's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    There is no FREE seller account.

There is a Seller account which has a 3% final value fee on basic listings.

Then there is the Seller+ account which is a recurring subscription - except for the Seller+ Lifetime account which is a one off payment.

No type of account limits the number of items you can list. All Seller+ account types are the same and merely make more features available compared to the basic Seller account.

If my ISP has fixed the problems they have been having tonight - see here: http://homepage.ntlworld.com/astral....icks.htm#a0004

So... you KNOW I just HAD to push that button, didn't ya?? :-)

Okay.. so, to make sure I understand this correctly, the one seller store that says free ($0.00)(but really isn't free 3%FVF) I can list unlimited but if I sell, I pay 3% FVF on the sale. Does that include the shipping charges too? And the Seller +, uh, say the 1.99/7 day means that once a week, I will get charged 1.99 (6.99 every 30 days, and so on)? How much is the FVF on these?

Sorry, just DUH'ing again... lol

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

For seller plus you only pay for extras(apart from the joining fee)like gallery picture which is 2% FVF, so only when it sells. It doesn't include shipping unless you include that in the price.
    I think most of us will agree that the lifetime seller plus is worth having if you can afford the lump sum. It may take a while to recoup your money, but it'll happen

I agree. If you chose Seller+ and gallery feature, you can basically move 4, 400, 4000 or 4,000,000 items at no cost (no listing fees no relisting fees), and just pay 2% when items sell. If you put 400 items on feebay, you would be paying $300 to $400 (depending on features), and that same amount when you relisted too.

With Seller+ you get 5 free stores (feebay were $15 each per month when I was there), and 5 free pictures.

Features are cheaper too (but remember you will have to pay fee each time you relist); extra category is 5 cents compared to $1 on feebay. Bold, etc, are 5 cents too. Great difference.

I took Seller+ right away and paid via Paypal and never regreted it. Made that fee back within just a few weeks. Nice not to get a big bill every month!

Forum Lurker
    View rmg3010's Feedback (+408)
    All-About rmg3010
    View rmg3010's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default one more clarify for selling fees...

hello
    Thank in advance for your help. yes i have looked at the fee scale but it always helps to clarify.
    If you add photos, you pay an fvf on the photo? I might have misunderstood the previous answer. I would think ebid would charge a small fee?
    I want to try selling just a few items to see how it goes before committing to a bigger account. Can anyone recommend how best to do that?
    I would like to list my item, and a few photos. So what would the $1.99 for seven days mean? A lower fvf? Honestly, that part is confusing.
    sign me,
    still confused

Quote Originally Posted by BohemianBungalow View Post
    hello
    Thank in advance for your help. yes i have looked at the fee scale but it always helps to clarify.
    If you add photos, you pay an fvf on the photo? I might have misunderstood the previous answer. I would think ebid would charge a small fee?
    I want to try selling just a few items to see how it goes before committing to a bigger account. Can anyone recommend how best to do that?
    I would like to list my item, and a few photos. So what would the $1.99 for seven days mean? A lower fvf? Honestly, that part is confusing.
    sign me,
    still confused
    Try this page that I did
    http://raindropsies.webs.com/howmuchdoesebidcost.htm

Forum Lurker
    View rmg3010's Feedback (+408)
    All-About rmg3010
    View rmg3010's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default thank you i bookmarked your page...

thank you that was very well explained for something that can be a bit complex.
    gmt

Thread Information