Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Re the Scam via poopal

Quote Originally Posted by MagnetsAndHangers View Post
    Fair comment - my mistake - I didnt re-read the opening post about it.
    But.......Red would still then have to prove that the he got the wrong item returned.
    (Btw after seeing the buyers fb - I dont think there is any question of his honesty, or lack of it)
    \

Yes, that makes sense. But I think the guy mentioned sending something other than the clock. I suppose those emails are the key to the case. The law does listen to common sense, since the guy all but confessed to what he had done.

Notice PP sees no logic in anything! They are still babbling about guy not getting clock or something and think Red scammed the bum!

View victorfrank's Feedback (+160)
    All-About victorfrank
    View victorfrank's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by banrigh View Post
    I am not a fan of feebay, but if the buyer of the laptop and paid another way with a credit card, he could have still issued a charge back with the card company and would have gotten it. So, its not exactly PPs fault here, but they are easy to blame in these cases.
    Exactly.

View dr-oxide's Feedback (+450)
    All-About dr-oxide
    View dr-oxide's Listings
    Forum Posts

Unhappy PayPal has a Fan Club site.....

Quote Originally Posted by lilused View Post
    I beleive pay pal is owned by ebay, so more or less, go by the same rules, I beleive.
    Have a look at this site - it makes interesting reading...

www.paypalsucks.com

When you have been there, come back to look in my shops.

Quote Originally Posted by dr-oxide View Post
    Have a look at this site - it makes interesting reading...

www.paypalsucks.com

When you have been there, come back to look in my shops.
    Site has been around for a while.

Dont think it is any worse than the way most of the high street banks and credit card companies are ripping everyone off.

Daresay if did a search, would find similar sites which are anti rbs, or anti lloyds with just as many horror stories.

Quote Originally Posted by deltadelta48 View Post
    \

Yes, that makes sense. But I think the guy mentioned sending something other than the clock. I suppose those emails are the key to the case. The law does listen to common sense, since the guy all but confessed to what he had done.

Notice PP sees no logic in anything! They are still babbling about guy not getting clock or something and think Red scammed the bum!
    That is the story that the scammer told paypal.
    So he sent it back.
    Paypal are then stuck in the middle - they have a scammer on one side telling them one thing, and Red on the other side telling them something else.
    As far as paypal are concerned - Red has received the item back which the scammer claims he received. Scammer therefore gets his money back. Case closed as far as they are concerned.
    The only way forward in a case like this is getting a crime number.

It is all very well accusing the buyer of fraud (which, I repeat, is not in doubt going by his feedback), but proving it is a different matter without police investigation etc.

This is where the problems lies - Red, although we have no reason to doubt him, would still have to prove that he sent the correct item.

Just for info......Clickbank is even worse for dodgy buyers.

Thread Information