eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Can we sell E-books?

Forum Newbie
    All-About luckadoj
    View luckadoj's Listings
    Forum Posts

Question Can we sell E-books?

Hello,

I'm brand new to e-bid. I didn't see any ebook auctions listed. Can you sell them on ebid?

View youmeus's Feedback (+203)
    All-About youmeus
    View youmeus's Listings
    Forum Posts

luckadoj, welcome to eBid and good luck here.

ebooks are NOT allowed on here. You have to sell something tangible.

I looked at a couple of your listings, the pictures are very good but I had trouble reading the descriptions. They are too run together, maybe try double spacing. Keep reading the forums and you will get lots of good advise. One of the things someone is sure to tell you is to fill out your About Me page. That is important on this site as most people are curious who they are buying from or selling to.

Hope the un-asked-for advise is accepted in the friendly way it was given.

Linda

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi and welcome.

Youmeus is correct. Also, don't bother putting ebooks onto CD for sale either. They are also not allowed.

x

Simple answer is no
    Don't walk in front of me..I may not follow-don't walk behind me..I may not lead-just walk beside me and be my friend.
    Albert Camus

PERSONAL RECORD SET
    27hours 30minutes without sleep

Scarborough, North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View heatemyfather's Feedback (+53)
    All-About heatemyfather
    View heatemyfather's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by youmeus View Post
    I looked at a couple of your listings, the pictures are very good but I had trouble reading the descriptions.
    I would agree here. I think the problem may be in the editor you're using - if you want to include easy formatting, paragraphs, etc then switch to one of the WYSIWYG editors (see: http://uk.ebid.net/help_selling.php#10), if you want to code in raw HTML (with tags and all that) then switch to the HTML editor. I prefer the HTML editor because I'm comfortable with HTML and like the control it gives me over basic page layout and visual style.

Certainly, listings should be clear and easy on the eye, with sensible paragraphs and headings where necessary.
    My auctions: video games, photography stuff, miniature wargaming hobby bits and pieces
    My eBid stores: Miniature Hobby Store | Old Games
    My eBid adverts page (also home to my free eBid promotional graphics):
    http://www.jonathanmortimer.co.uk/adverts/

Forum Lurker
    View james1968's Feedback (+159)
    All-About james1968
    View james1968's Listings
    Forum Posts

If you have written a book yourself that you want to sell but can't afford to have vast quantities of printed, then try googling for 'self publishers', they only print your books as you sell them.
    However, if you are just re-selling Ebooks, then I'm afraid you're on your own. Even the darkside doesn't allow these to be sold.
    I think the main reason has to be an issue of copyright theft, after all, it is very easy to claim 'full resale rights' when selling such items, but, as they are so easy to duplicate, you could end-up with quite a problem if it is found that you don't have resale rights.

I agree. And I never saw an e-book that was worth anything as a collectable. After it is reproduced and sold it is pretty useless. Have seen lots of people selling reproductions of vintage craft books or whatever, and although they charged a pretty penny for them (because copyright ran out, they cleaned them up, copied them etc), resell is low The real value is the original, old fashioned, first edition book

Thread Information