Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: possible to set buy it nows and to accept best offers

Quote Originally Posted by marschenegger View Post
    Having a haggling option makes sense if there's a strong buyer base. It would effectively eliminate some bad buyer habits like bidding on all available examples of an item and then paying only for the one that ends the cheapest. Well, in theory it would. However, eBid does not have a strong buyer base to make the haggling option effective. It would only reduce prices further, and that's only good if you're a seller who wants to give stuff away for next to nothing.

I like the fact that the site administration doesn't cave in to every seller demand. It reminds us that there really is someone in charge here.
    Bet the majority of the membership would disagree you. A seller can accept, counter, or decline. Oh and it would be optional.

But no... Let eBid try to get all the quantum leap upgrades that each are going to take months and buckets of money to get done.

Quote Originally Posted by theweaverboy View Post
    Bet the majority of the membership would disagree you. A seller can accept, counter, or decline. Oh and it would be optional.

But no... Let eBid try to get all the quantum leap upgrades that each are going to take months and buckets of money to get done.
    The majority of membership would disagree that eBid doesn't have a strong buyer base? OK, whatever. We've kicked this dead horse many times before. Time to get a shovel.
    ================

The biggest truths are always left unsaid.

The biggest lies are repeated endlessly.

marschenegger you know I ment they'd disagree with you on a best offer "option".

EBid has everything else in the way of listing options. It is only an option. If a seller doesn't want to use it they don't have to.

I like the fact that the site administration doesn't cave in to every seller demand.

So do I!
    Why not take a quick look at my Stores?

Find all kinds of books HERE

Find 'Plus Size' Clothes HERE

Find NEW tiny Baby Stuff HERE

Find 'Bits & Bobs' HERE

marschenegger you know I ment they'd disagree with you on a best offer "option".

EBid has everything else in the way of listing options. It is only an option. If a seller doesn't want to use it they don't have to.
    Don't tell me what I know.

Here's what's obvious. Yes, you ran a poll on the subject of a haggling option, and yes, you "won" the poll. However, several people pointed out that your poll was very biased in the options you presented. Many other respondents said they voted "yes" in spite of the fact that they professed that they did not intend to use the haggling option for a variety of reasons. I would dare say that only a minority of sellers would use the option if it was available, and I base that fact on your poll results combined with the many comments that were left by the voters. If we were to combine all the "no" votes with the soft "yes" votes (i.e. the people who want the option available for other users), I think eBid admins were correct to ignore your poll and your lobbying as well as the whining of several other sellers.

Many sellers, including myself, offered a plethora of reasons why "best offer" should not be an option. You can continue to respond with the usual weak excuse that it should still be an option available to sellers, even though you're persuading noone. Everyone else who wants to see the original poll and discussion should refer to this URL:
    http://helpdesk.ebid.net/showthread.php?t=120920
    ================

Hey marschenegger if no one wants it, or wouldn't use it why then do they keep asking in the forum if eBid has a Best Offer option?

Oh and the majority of the "soft" yes, as you call them, still VOTED YES. Mainly, if one does view the discussion, because they thought that it should be an option for sellers that would like to have it if they wish. The main biased votes were the ones that voted no. Mainly they stated that they didn't use it or want it and they didn't think anyone else should either.

I'm not for limiting anything in options whether I personally would use them or not. Example the "reserve" poll that was up awhile back. I voted to keep the option, but I personally don't use it and find them a bit of a tease.

Limitations can be so limiting.

...The main biased votes were the ones that voted no. Mainly they stated that they didn't use it or want it and they didn't think anyone else should either.
    They stated a lot more than that. Of course, you have to read the posts that don't agree with you to know what they said.

Limitations are part of life. If you find that eBid does not offer you what you need, you have other options. Changing the site to suit your needs sounds pretty biased to me.

The occasional request for a haggling option by a forum member who didn't see the previous discussion can hardly be used to prove anything.
    Last edited by marschenegger; 23rd June 2009 at 04:21 AM. Reason: purple monkey dishwasher
    ================

Thread Information