Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: err hello

Default Re: err hello

Quote Originally Posted by Pete27Official View Post
    Man this forum is like a ghost town lol
    I only just got up

That's what happens when one tries to retire lol

I had to come out of retirement due to spending all my savings on silly utility bills and groceries

Nobody explained I had to win a huge amount on the lottery if I wanted to stop working lol
    When life gives you a Monday, dip it in glitter and sparkle all day Ella Woodword

Man this forum is like a ghost town lol
    Quiet yes, but not a ghost town. I'd describe it as being calmer and more tranquil than the other one I go to and only last week I added a couple of replies to a discussion that had meandered onto the subject of Spring flowers in bloom on both sides of the Atlantic.

What this Forum lacks is the clamour and anger of the other one. No long running threads moaning about not getting a FVF Reduction Offer recently, who needs them when fees here are nowhere near the extortionate levels of other sites ?
    Regular updates from The Management about technical issues, often to say they've been fixed promptly, so no need for angry threads wondering when they will be fixed (if ever).
    No un-announced tweaking of the Search, reducing sales and adding a little more pressure to the arm-twisting to get sellers to 'volunteer' to pay ever more in fees to get sales.
    No sudden policy changes, with or without an announcement, that require hours / days of work to implement.

Reading the forums here might seem slow, even boring, but to me it's like a stroll in the park and shows that most sellers here are quietly getting on with their selling, perhaps taking a break to talk about the weather, but having little to get excited or annoyed about. To me that's a good thing
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

http://uk.ebid.net/users/theElench

All-About Pete27Official
    View Pete27Official's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FalonTowers View Post
    I only just got up

That's what happens when one tries to retire lol

I had to come out of retirement due to spending all my savings on silly utility bills and groceries

Nobody explained I had to win a huge amount on the lottery if I wanted to stop working lol
    Haha, such frivolous spending moonie! Fancy wasting all your money on utility bills and groceries. I figure I'll work until I'm dead so no chance of retirement for me. Plus if I stopped working I'd have the face the chaos of my life, so it's much better to just work haha!

Forum Newbie
    All-About fanat2UA
    View fanat2UA's Listings
    Forum Posts

Maybe it's quiet here, because the buyers are still sitting in another place, and here only bots are winding up views on lots?

Hi and welcome to ebid.

There has always been discussion about bots inflating views on ebid and no-one really knows the answer. One thing I can tell you is that on my "Plug Your Auction" (PYA) thread that I only leave on the board for one week, the number of views varies between the low 20s and 40s. Very often depending on how 'collectable' that weeks' newly listed item is. My guess is that, yes some views are bots, but word gets around somehow and buyers interested in that type of item also view in varying numbers. PYA is free to use.

So why not make use of the PYA thread to make your ads. more visible?

Would you do something for me please ?
    Look at Google Shopping.uk(GS), search for "Art Deco Glass", come back to this thread and let me know how many of my Ebid ads. you see?
    And, looking at the Sites Searched filters side-bar to the left of the ads., tell me if "Ebid - theEelench" is still there ?

When I last looked (last the week-end) I could see 25 of my ads. (about 10% of my total), the site and my name still in the filters, they have been there (from what I see)continuously since October '22.

When I searched for "Ukrainian Postcards" on GS I found ebid ads. from Carrotdrusus and Allsortsofephemera, the latter, with the Ebid name on the side-bar, but none of your cards.
    Have a read on the Ebid "Help" pages about how to get your ads. up-loaded to GS to make sure they qualify.
    Again this is a free service provided by Ebid, so why not use it if you can ?

If you think GS might help get your ads. seen, there is a thread on the "Website Suggestions" board called "Google Shopping". It's a bit muddled but has some suggestions that might help and, last time I looked at it, there was some interesting talk about Pinterest and how to use that site to increase the visibility of ebid and its ads.

Up to 2020 my sales on ebid were single figures each year. Since lock-down and my looking and trying to use what's available to sellers on ebid they've increased into the 20s. So far this year I've sold 25 items and expect to reach at least 30. I don't have huge amounts of spare time and am not at all good at this 'techie' stuff but I have found that, with not a great deal of effort, sales can be increased. So have others and they are the sellers who's ads., Ebid and their names are seen on GS.
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

Haha, such frivolous spending moonie! Fancy wasting all your money on utility bills and groceries. I figure I'll work until I'm dead so no chance of retirement for me. Plus if I stopped working I'd have the face the chaos of my life, so it's much better to just work haha!
    I doubt I will try retiring again. I have given up retiring as a pastime as it doesn't pay enough to feed me the amount of chocolate I want to eat.
    When life gives you a Monday, dip it in glitter and sparkle all day Ella Woodword

Forum Newbie
    All-About fanat2UA
    View fanat2UA's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hello.

Thank you for the advice, but I haven't really understood these technical terms in a month since I registered here.All in its own time.
    The fact is that I successfully traded for 5 years at one European auction, which at the beginning of May blocked all sellers from Ukraine, so I decided to try to work here, because I do NOT like eBay.
    Sincerely, Olexander.
    p.s. Today is finally the first purchase from my old client from that auction.

Manchester, Greater Manchester, United Kingdom
    View Esswad's Feedback (+1156)
    All-About Esswad
    View Esswad's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fanat2UA View Post
    Hello.

Thank you for the advice, but I haven't really understood these technical terms in a month since I registered here.All in its own time.
    The fact is that I successfully traded for 5 years at one European auction, which at the beginning of May blocked all sellers from Ukraine, so I decided to try to work here, because I do NOT like eBay.
    Sincerely, Olexander.
    p.s. Today is finally the first purchase from my old client from that auction.
    Congratulations on your first sale here. Sometimes things can sit for a while before they sell. Yesterday, someone bought a watch off me that I first listed in 2018. If I'd had it listed on Ebay for that long, the fees would have killed me.

Esswad's Eclectic Emporium - Anything Weird, Vintage and Collectable:
    https://www.ebid.net/uk/stores/Esswa...ectic-Emporium

Esswad's House of Cards - Postcards and Trading Cards:
    https://www.ebid.net/uk/stores/Esswads-House-of-Cards

Esswad's 3D World - View-Master, Stereoviews etc.
    https://www.ebid.net/uk/stores/Esswads-3D-World

Esswad's Book Shop - Books, Comics and Magazines:
    https://www.ebid.net/uk/stores/Esswads-Book-Shop

Yes, in your own time. You can always come back with more questions when you're more familiar with the boards. I'd recommend "The Kitchen Table" and "Plug Your Auctions" to start with

All-About Pete27Official
    View Pete27Official's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FalonTowers View Post
    I doubt I will try retiring again. I have given up retiring as a pastime as it doesn't pay enough to feed me the amount of chocolate I want to eat.
    haha! Without chocolate life is not worth living

Thread Information