eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Any Positive Thinkers Out There?

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

The thing about ranting on forums that always strikes me, is that it simply reinforces how bad you feel. A lot of people use these forums to "let off steam". The problem is, it never stops at that. If you address a real person in real life and say "Aaaarrrgggh, this has happened" you feel better for letting it out, your friends says "oh dear", the kettle goes on and you get on with your life...

Do it in writing in a place like this and first the mere fact of writing down one's rant reinforces the ill-feeling and crystallises it, then people pile in saying how one has every right to be annoyed, often telling similar stories and piling on the negativity. And usually this continues long after one would have forgotten the original offence and moved on...

It's quite a powerful activity. How much better to use that strength of support and joined-will to promote something good, rather than rehash something bad?

I don't believe that just dreaming or praying or hoping or wishing will get you the lottery jackpot or a new car but I do believe that a positive attitude increases your chances of a happy life.

Forum Newbie
    Market Rasen, Lincolnshire, United Kingdom
    View mrplumtree's Feedback (+2054)
    All-About mrplumtree
    View mrplumtree's Listings
    Forum Posts

This is one of my pet subjects! I'm sorry I'm late in finding this thread - it's a brilliant piece with great contributions.

I've found there is a huge amount of difference between positive thinking and positive visualisation (the Secret). Positive visualisation most definitely works, I undertook an experiment of this technique back in 1993 or 4 with astounding results that could in no way be labelled coincidence. It's a bit long-winded to explain here, but I'm happy to go into details for anybody that's interested. The book Bring Out the Magic in Your Mind by Al Koran was my starting point. It's a hugely poweful book (although actually penned by somebody else with his name on for sales!) I still read it and would recommend it highly to anybody.

However, through positive thinking I realised I was chasing something I didn't really want because when I had those little pieces I wasn't satisified. What are trinkets compared to the happiness of your children? I figured out I had a nice house, food on the table, clothes on my back and there wan't any point in doubling up! I can only sit in one chair at a time. It's also very important to remember the old adage Be Careful What You Wish For, because "Ask, and it shall be given"

I use the 'Secret' technique now in what most people would consider prayer. A little like the old fashioned "Bless Ma and Pa and Aunt June and Uncle Fred" etc. I can't verify results as I could with 'receiving' or 'finding' physical items but I think many of you would be interested in the link below.

A smile for you all. May it be one of many you have and give today.

http://www.plim.org/PrayerDeb.htm
    Last edited by ArcaneArtifacts; 14th January 2009 at 01:23 AM.

Forum Lurker
    View zapit65's Feedback (+57)
    All-About zapit65
    View zapit65's Listings
    Forum Posts

I absolutley believe in positive thinking. Beats negative thinking anyday. What good does that acomplish?

However it takes more than just positive thinking to manifest what we want in life. It takes three things. Thoughts, feelings, and actions. All three must be in alignment for anything to manifest. For example, let's say you have the thought, "I want to lose weight." Ok great start. Do your feelings line up? Believe or not in many cases they do not. People have resistence (for various reasons I won't go into here) even to that which they know would be beneficial for them. Next, do your actions line up? Perhaps not of you're still eating a quart of ice cream every night and/or getting no exercise.

Just using the weight thing as an example, but you get the point.

And then of course we must keep in mind what I call, Divine Timing. If something we are wanting to manifest hasn't shown up yet, it could just be that it's not time yet. Everything has a "gestation" period.

It takes faith and trust as well.

"If you sit and wait for your money to show up...God will show you a whole lot of ways to sit and wait." - John Randolph Price

Forum Lurker
    View JoPhangan's Feedback (+8)
    All-About JoPhangan
    View JoPhangan's Listings
    Forum Posts

I totally agree in the creative visualization although i tend to self sabotage myself by get distracted by something else and that means my vibrations aren't matching then apparently

gratitude is a good one even when you feel you have nothing to be grateful for you can always think of 10 things

totally works though had some bizarrely coincidental things happen

has anyone here heard of E.F.T. (emotional freedom technique) its an energy therapy it can be used help you send out more positive vibes and tons of other things

http://www.emofree.com/

and heres a lovely website http://rebeccamarina.com/

I know i've put myself in the situation i'm in cos of my thoughts and fear of failure but i'm working on tit

View JaBek1's Feedback (+25)
    All-About JaBek1
    View JaBek1's Listings
    Forum Posts

I belive it was Dale Carnegie in his book, "How To Win Friends And Influence People," that told of "...the sales manager that told his slumping salesman, 'To cheer up it could be worse' and sure enough, he cheered up and things got worse."

I had a sales manager quite a few years ago now that was fond of the phrase, "If It Is To Be It Is Up To Me."

Personally, I believe that it isn't the pessimistic view of any individual that causes a problem, but rather the contagious negative energy that such an attitude spreads throughout a sales force that is the danger. Back in '89 I ran a Telemarketing room for Olan Mills Studios. One of the first things I did was install a N.A.N.A. (Negative Attitude Neutrlizing Apperatus) machine of my own design above the door so that all my operators had to pass under it to get to their stations. This and my "WHACKY WHEEL" seemed to do a far better job of boosting moral than the "Bull Whip" I had hanging on the wall.

One management philosophy that I'm fond of is that if anyone under your direction screws up, it's your fault for lack of proper supervision. So all you bosses that blamed your poor secretary when things went wrong, it's your fault.

I could go on about the "Peter Principle" and "Murphy's Law" but that's another topic.

Dennis

Forum Newbie
    View diane1956's Feedback (+348)
    All-About diane1956
    View diane1956's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Any Positive Thinkers Out There?

Yes I do

I always try to stay positive
    'Welcome to my art studio. Always open

'http://uk.ebid.net/items/pamelajonesart

Haverfordwest, Pembrokeshire, United Kingdom
    View olivia8143's Feedback (+1394)
    All-About olivia8143
    View olivia8143's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    The thing about ranting on forums that always strikes me, is that it simply reinforces how bad you feel. A lot of people use these forums to "let off steam". The problem is, it never stops at that. If you address a real person in real life and say "Aaaarrrgggh, this has happened" you feel better for letting it out, your friends says "oh dear", the kettle goes on and you get on with your life...

Do it in writing in a place like this and first the mere fact of writing down one's rant reinforces the ill-feeling and crystallises it, then people pile in saying how one has every right to be annoyed, often telling similar stories and piling on the negativity. And usually this continues long after one would have forgotten the original offence and moved on...

It's quite a powerful activity. How much better to use that strength of support and joined-will to promote something good, rather than rehash something bad?

I don't believe that just dreaming or praying or hoping or wishing will get you the lottery jackpot or a new car but I do believe that a positive attitude increases your chances of a happy life.
    I know this is an old thread, but since it's been resurrected - I miss Kimbo's positive attitude

Thread Information