eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Any Positive Thinkers Out There?

I have to agree heartcup, i try to stay positive in all aspects of my life, and try to tell the family to do the same.

sort of off topic but....

many, many years ago I was in bed feeling very unwell when my mother came in to my room the coversation went like this....

"how are you feeling"
    "I feel ill"
    "Oh come on think positive"
    "alright.... I feel POSITVELY ill"

we still smile about it some 30+ years later

Lol like that one somersethedge, Do think it would be hard to think positive when you are ill, but at least you done it.

sometimes you have to think positively when you are ill other wise the illness gets the better of you

Forum Saint
    View penny291's Feedback (+1190)
    All-About penny291
    View penny291's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 3red123 View Post
    reminds me of what happened to me, many years ago. A gypsy stopped me in the high street, and offered to tell me my future. She also sold me a lucky pixie, and told me if i kept it in my purse, my purse would never be empty.

She was right, of course -

the little pixie was always in there! ;-)
    lol:d

Cool Just wanted to share this

How Pure Is Pure Enough?
    By Tom Ziglar

My good friend James Howard of Honinteg Consulting asked me this question: “If a hospital delivers 10,000 babies a year, what is an acceptable number of them to drop?”

Percentage-wise, dropping just one baby would be a very good success rate, unless you happen to be that baby (or its parent)! So, obviously, the goal is to drop none.

What about purity? Let’s say you are making a giant five gallon pot of the world’s best homemade chili. How much dog poop could you put in it before it impacted your desire for the chili?

What about your mind? How much profanity and negative garbage is okay to allow into your mind? And since you can’t live life without being exposed to some negative input, shouldn’t you have pretty good “filters” to make sure the negatives get cleaned away before they get to the vital parts?

If you run engines in a dirty and dusty environment you had better clean or change that air filter on a regular basis. If you watch a lot of TV, or surf the Internet haphazardly, you had better plan on spending extra time putting the good stuff into your mind.

The best way to keep an engine running smoothly is to make sure you give it pure fuel, run it in a clean environment, and change the filters on schedule. Our bodies and our minds work the same way. Our minds need pure and positive input, our bodies need pure food, and we must develop filters that trap and discard that impure stuff that we are exposed to.

Think about the miserable people you know – they let the bad stuff in, and they don’t have any filters to keep the bad stuff from gumming up their engines.

Sandi

Check out our General Store

Hubby's Bike shop

Wow! Hello everyone! =) Great thread and many wonderful responses. I've added some of mine in red within the quoted material below.

Quote Originally Posted by craftinstef2 View Post
    Hi! What do you guys think about the philosophy that your thoughts determine your actions and the path of your life? I am a firm believer in positive thinking/positive attitude. When my thoughts have gone astray and I'm being all willy-nilly negative I notice that I perceive more negative things in myself, in others and in the world in general. OTOH, when I mind my thinking and stay focused on the positives, the more I perceive the same in myself, in others and again in the world in general.

It is important however to also remember that remaining in a positive state of mind does not mean perceptually "bad" things will not happen - they will; our attitudes/thinking however will certainly effect how we handle the perceived negative event.

Additonally, sometimes we get just get in a funk and we may get caught in a phase of stinkin' thinkin'. We're human, we have emotions, and we think. It's all part of the process. It's OK to feel and think "poorly" from time to time; just be careful of not allowing it to become a way of life. And when things happen that you have no control over and you find yourself sliding into stinkin' thikin', then it's time for a check-up-from-the-neck-up; start a Gratitude Journal in which you can write only positive things for which you are thankful, even if it's the most simple things we all take for granted. For example: I'm thankful I have all my fingers and they all work perfectly. I'm thankful I have a roof over my head. I'm thankful to have this shirt I'm wearing. And so forth. Thankful for chocolate or coffee? Write it down! =) Before you know it you're finding hundreds of things you're thankful for and realizing how blessed you truly are. This process alone can help tremendously in lifting one out of negative thinking.

Lastly (truly I could on for pages!), when a perceived-negative happens, you might not realize it's actually a blessing in disguise. Remember: When God is giving you a gift, He sometimes wraps it up in a problem.

OK. One more thing - =p - there is scientific proof that keeping as positive an attitude as possible helps the physical body and the mental-emotional faculties stay healthy!

I definitely think this is so, and like to think positive and learn about various books, websites that are in that vein.

My life is def all the better for it. I like crystals as well. I always carry a rose quartz heart in my coin purse, as well as a piece of citrine that a friend bought for me. It's also said that a bit of citrine in one's purse brings money in. Whey-hay! I'm all for that.

I believe in meditation as well. Though it's tough to slow down and make time for it. So I've not tried it often yet. Does anyone enjoy meditationing on a frequent basis? Yes! Absolutely! I use to think meditation was boring, something only "strange" people actually did. Well, call me "strange" because now I meditate regularly! LOL. Meditation helps me stay focused, grounded, balanced, relaxed and aides gretaly in helping me stay calm-alert. =) I'm just better all the way around when I retain a regular meditation regime.

All for now. Wishing lots of sales this week to all! Thanks! And you also!

View mrsandman's Feedback (+518)
    All-About mrsandman
    View mrsandman's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi

I can say without a shadow of a doubt Positive thinking really does work .

So does, if you know you have to do something and can't be bothered.. tell yourself how you will feel after it's done ...

Forum Saint
    View moonwitch's Feedback (+1616)
    All-About moonwitch
    View moonwitch's Listings
    Forum Posts

WOW!! - I just arrived at this thread around midnight

It was while I was listing to a positive affirmation cd for several nights that I suddenly realised that I didnt have to stay out of work through illness but I could start my own business.

I got a lot of negative comments from people relating to failed businesses and the like - but I'm still here to tell the tale and doing a kind of work I really enjoy

Recently I found a supplier of all the kinds of books I love to read - I'm now buying more than I'm selling

HI Sunny,
    The wicca book is just great.( Very good starter book for a novice, I realise after readings depicts alot about me)
    Thought anymore about crystals? Great for healing etc.
    Love these forums, so much positive energy about.
    Love and light
    Cheryl
    xxx
    Last edited by cherylgrey; 24th October 2008 at 01:53 PM.

Thread Information