• Nintendo WII

6 18.75%
  • Xbox 360

14 43.75%
  • None of them. PC gaming rocks

4 12.50%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What do you think is the coolest next gen system

i have a ps3 and xbox 360 i like both but xbox 360 just seems more fun with its great multiplayer and unlocking achevments just puts more life into your games.

i have been gaming since the vic20 i've had them all except the ps3 (which i am not bothering with) the wii rocks it may not be the best for graphics but for game play nothing beats it i have all the games and how can you compete with back catalogue other than that the pc is next can't wait for true dx10 games

Quote Originally Posted by DinkyDaves View Post
    my xbox 360- over heated and never worked again

i phoned the helpline and posted them my broken xbox360.

then just posted me a new one in a couple of days! so must be a general problem with them

as for the ps3, sounds great! but i can't spend that much on a console. especially when you know next year they'll be a new one coming all over again
    XBOX 360 is No1 for online gaming but No1 for overheating problems unles you have it modded or fit NYKO cooler.
    PS3 is from the same people who brought you the ps2 with countless laser problems!We have yet to see what the problem will be with this new console and at £425 lets hope sony will have done their job this time!
    If you have a faulty console out of warranty DONT bin it! They can be fixed at a reasonable price - cheaper than sony charge thats for sure!!!Contact me for details.

Far less problems with the PS3 than 360. Far more powerful machine, too.

I had no end of problems with my original Xbox (failed HD, scratched discs, dodgy power supply which was a fire risk), and none at all with my original launch-model PS2, which worked flawlessly until I sold it on just a few months ago.

My friend has a 360, and apart from Gears, I found it pretty average stuff. So I waited, and am now the extremely happy owner of a shiny new PS3!

Barnsley, South Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View DaisyChain's Feedback (+76)
    All-About DaisyChain
    View DaisyChain's Listings
    Forum Posts

I remember syaing on this i thought the ps3 would come out and wipe the floor, but ive been dissapointed with what games seems to be pout on the ps3 and i hear nintendo have just announced they are brining out a games develoment tool for people to creat their own games on the wii with the wii controller

wow
    Click here to see my items for Sale!
    Amiga, Mega Drive, Playstation Games and More!

Scarborough, North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View heatemyfather's Feedback (+53)
    All-About heatemyfather
    View heatemyfather's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DinkyDaves View Post
    as for the ps3, sounds great! but i can't spend that much on a console. especially when you know next year they'll be a new one coming all over again
    I have to disagree there - console gaming has a much longer lifespan and turn-around time than PC and to a certain extent XBox (which isn't too far removed from a PC system). Typical PC graphics card life cycle is about six months, if they're lucky, so game developers never get anything like enough time to develop properly for them before the next card comes out.
    The PS3 is expected to have a life cycle of about ten years before it's completely rendered obsolete, though the next console from Sony is likely to arrive long before then (though not quite as early as next year!)

I expect the games that are being released for the PS3 five years from now will probably still be able to challenge average PC graphics and hardware of the time, simply because the developers will have eaked out so much more from the hardware compared to PC games developers who will still be rushing out their games with little or no optimisation, relying on the hardware to be better and faster. If XBox 360 were still around I would expect similar levels of development on that console, but I expect Microsoft will release a new console much quicker and all but bin their previous one.

Personally I think there really isn't much in it between PS3 and XBox 360 at the moment, but by the end of 2008 we could see the scales tip in Sony's favour.
    My auctions: video games, photography stuff, miniature wargaming hobby bits and pieces
    My eBid stores: Miniature Hobby Store | Old Games
    My eBid adverts page (also home to my free eBid promotional graphics):
    http://www.jonathanmortimer.co.uk/adverts/

My fave by far is the 360 followed by the wii

PS3 still seems so far behind with decent games atm

Barnsley, South Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View DaisyChain's Feedback (+76)
    All-About DaisyChain
    View DaisyChain's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by retroboutique View Post
    My fave by far is the 360 followed by the wii

PS3 still seems so far behind with decent games atm
    I wouldnt paticular say that applies just to the PS3, as to be honest most games on each system anyhow. Even the DS has assassins creed *crazy*

But at the moment I do believe PS3 still hasnt got the game that will sell the console.

Looking at the next gen consoles, I still havnt seen a game (apart from probably COD4) that has completely blown me away yet, I thought HAze may have done that on the ps3, but after playing the demo............well
    Click here to see my items for Sale!
    Amiga, Mega Drive, Playstation Games and More!

Forum Newbie
    View jinxi's Feedback (+4)
    All-About jinxi
    View jinxi's Listings
    Forum Posts

Xbox 360 is an awesome machine & has a good range of games so it gets my vote. Online gaming is the future, I was surprised to find out that the average age of a gamer is 35! I thought it would be 13 to 16 age group.

My friend has every console on the market but prefers the 360 too.

Got to say the wii is mega fun too, got some sore shoulders from that!

Scarborough, North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View heatemyfather's Feedback (+53)
    All-About heatemyfather
    View heatemyfather's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jinxi View Post
    Online gaming is the future...
    I agree, but there's still a number of console owners who do not hook them up to their broadband, and a few who do not have broadband at all. Most of the time I just like to play a game by myself, and think there's still quite some development to go in both the internet and game technology to allow multi-player in the full GTA IV game world, for example, and how would each player fit into the game world? They couldn't ALL be Niko Bellic! I think the single-player game mode still must form the main part of most titles.

Got to say the wii is mega fun too, got some sore shoulders from that!
    That's interesting... I wonder if we'll be seeing repetitive strain injuries and court cases! Does the Wii come with warnings about this? The PS3 manual says one should take so many minutes away from the console per hour, I think most gamers will just ignore the warnings though
    Last edited by heatemyfather; 5th June 2008 at 09:21 PM.
    My auctions: video games, photography stuff, miniature wargaming hobby bits and pieces
    My eBid stores: Miniature Hobby Store | Old Games
    My eBid adverts page (also home to my free eBid promotional graphics):
    http://www.jonathanmortimer.co.uk/adverts/

Thread Information