eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Welcome to New Members

Forum Newbie
    All-About Fanstorm
    View Fanstorm's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Welcome to New Members

Hello all,
    We found eBid when we were looking to get away from eBay and we are so happy to find eBid and hope you will like our range of products.
    We will ship all over the world, but shipping costs out of Australia are very high and we do ship all over Australia.
    Thank you
    Fanstorm

Forum Newbie
    Billingshurst , West Sussex, United Kingdom
    All-About susieque75
    View susieque75's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi,
    I'm Sue and joined on 27th Feb. Just wondering if there is an easier way to upload photos on the site. Am not very tech savvy and find it harder than the eBay system. I am in the process of closing my eBay account as they are no longer using PayPal.

Forum Newbie
    All-About spearcarr1er
    View spearcarr1er's Listings
    Forum Posts

Well I'm going to give this place a try, although I think I already have an account here. That or someone else has my preferred username. ;-)

I decided to wander away from ebay when, after spending a lot of money for a bigger account *and* integrating it with my woocommerce site, they limited me. One of the reasons was that I had too much volume all of a sudden. (It's not the only reason, but it was definitely a big one.) See, I'd inherited some special items and am giving part of the proceeds away to charity. A lot of people were interested on the first day, which created a lot of traffic. "For my safety" they limited my account. Which isn't the only reason for the backlash, but the fact that I'm still limited when I've got to handle matters means I need a place that will let me do business without cowering in fear.

I'm hoping there will be integrations to be had here for my website. Otherwise the items I list here won't be numerous, but that's okay. So long as this place treats me well, right?

Welcome all. The more the merrier!

Quote Originally Posted by susieque75 View Post
    Just wondering if there is an easier way to upload photos on the site.
    If you are using Ninja Lister, then you upload the photos from there. But if you are creating listings using "Sell on eBid" or "Sell Similar" then this is the process:
    1. When listing photos, click the "Choose Photos" button to upload your photos.
    2. Click the "Add Files" button and select all of the photos that you wish to upload (e.g., in Windows you would hold down the Ctrl or Shift key to select multiple photo files from those stored on your computer), then click "Start Upload"
    3. Once the files have finished being copied, you can click the desired photo's "use this photo" button to place it into your listing. You will be taken back to the listing form, from which you can add another of the photos you had uploaded, drag and drop the photos to change their order of appearance, add more photos (up to 15 for Seller+), and delete unwanted photos.

View madelaine's Feedback (+5873)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

Welcome to the refugees! We always get an influx when the dark side changes policy. This is not, however, a clone - you will not get many bids so start an item at a price you would be happy with. If you put a bit of effort in to promoting your listings (off this site... on social media) that can help. In fact it helps us all. Everyone who arrives here new is a potential customer for us all.
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

Forum Newbie
    View Modgar's Feedback (+2)
    All-About Modgar
    View Modgar's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi from Vancouver Island......retired on the warm wet west coast after living all my life in Ontario. Working on my banknote collection: thinning it down and getting more focussed.

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi. Modgar! Welcome. I used to live in WA....not too far from the CA border. Never visited Vancouver Island (yet), but the whole Pacific NW is so gorgeous! Enoy yourself here, and join in on the forum for a good time. Remember to check out the help section, top R of the page, and you can find a lot of info and FAQ''s worth reading!
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

Cool Re: Welcome to New Members

Not new but I am back.
    I heard about some disturbing changes about the other place which I really didn't like. Yes, the paypal thing. BOOOOOOOOHHH!
    So I started to move over 2500 listings over to here. Then I figured out I can just import them which made it much easier for me.
    But I still have to place everything in the correct store department. I think I still have about 800 to go.
    The official reopening of my stores will be 1st of April, that's not a joke. Hahaha! But I have to start a second Etsy store as well which will take time to sort out.
    Anyway, I hope I can lure some of my customers to the other side.
    Last edited by crazyknitter22; 15th March 2021 at 03:06 PM.

Thornton Cleveleys, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View cheaver's Feedback (+1050)
    All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by crazyknitter22 View Post
    Anyway, I hope I can lure some of my customers to the other side.

Hi and Welcome back to eBid!

Just a heads up, RUS (Run until Sold) items stay at back of viewings lists - you might find it better to use the reposts option - say 7 or 10 days reposting automatically every 10 days or so? Easy maintenance and means your lovely stuff is always working its way up to top of viewings.

Also, there is no advantage doing free post - fees are not taken for postage here on eBid.

Your lovely socks are a credit to you on the other thread......

Thanks for the advice. I am still moving stuff and my store is still set on holidays. So, once I have finished I might change that.

As for free post. I used to have free shipping before. When I started 2nd class large letter was 72p. Within 3 or 4 years it has gone up to 96p. For me this means for me a great loss in income. I always offer combined shipping discounts and I actually find it fairer this way. Instead of charging a price with P&P included I reduce the price per item and charge P&P separately. Also I can adjust quicker P&P when Royal Mail goes on their next price spike.

Thank you so much. I love knitting socks

Thread Information