Reincarnation is just another repeat

Forum Newbie
    Stourport-On-Severn, Worcestershire, United Kingdom
    View Windrush's Feedback (+10)
    All-About Windrush
    View Windrush's Listings
    Forum Posts

Smile

Over the years I've sold dozens & dozens of LP's & 45's from my collection. I've found the hassle free way of packaging is to buy in proper packaging made for the job. It also looks professional & encourages people to buy from you again. There are lots of choices but the best I've found so far for sending more than one disc at a time is from a firm called Mediamailing.com whose products are called Wrapro. So different are they from the alternatives that their design has had a patent applied for. They have an online shop.

None of the ready made packaging is cheap but I factor in the cost in the shipping charges. So far I've never had a problem (except with a 78 disc, so I no longer sell these & this was before I used Wrapro). I've sold LP's to US, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, China, Japan, Taiwan & all over Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by WindsorBear View Post
    As for Lps, I usually get 12" x 14" shipping boxes, leave them flat, and then insert the album with cover. With the box staying flat, it makes a tight fit and is very protective. Then just fold and tape the ends over as needed to make a sturdy flat package containing the LP.
    The US Postal Service has a free Priority Mail box that will hold one or two LP albums. The shipping weight is around 1½ pounds with packing. In the U.S. the shipping charge ranges from $4.80 to $8.25 for Priority mail, so it looks like the best option.

For international sales, the Priority Mail charges range from $18.40 to $23.25, and I would love to ship First Class. I checked the sites mentioned above and a couple of others, the lowest price I can find is a little over $2.00 per box, minimum order of 50 boxes. That's an outlay of $100.00! I'm reluctant to spend this much on boxes I may not use. Are the 12 by 14 inch boxes you mention specifically made for LPs? Where do you get them?

Soundswholesale have the best prices for mailers. Climacz sell really heavy-duty mailers but they're more expensive.

SUPERB PROTECTION FOR VINYL RECORDS - Strong Manilla Board Backed 12" LP's or Albums Record Mailers Envelopes

5 for £2.00

10 for £3.50

http://uk.nine.ebid.net/perl/auction...6-0&mo=auction
    Last edited by Alcollectabilia; 31st October 2008 at 09:37 AM.

Thread Information