My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: ouija boards

And what of those who are so weak minded that they will believe in any old boll*cks that someone tells them? They hide behind the standard defense of accusing other people who don't believe the way they do of being closed minded, yet none of them ever produce any evidence or proof that what they say is true.

As I said previously, I don't care if others believe me or not. And I cannot be pressured into producing 'proof' for those who don't. (Thats even if the spirits were into petty party tricks!) Which they aren't. An individuals beliefs are personal, not something that should be pushed onto anyone else. I wouldn't dream of doing so. But neither am I ashamed to admit I am a spiritualist, that I have had proof of another existance after death, and I feel I am a richer human being for having my beliefs.

Yet the personal beliefs of those who choose not to believe without proof are constantly belittled by those who accuse them of being narrow-minded (etc). Surely the defense works both ways and should be respected by both sides and folks should not be accused of "having no idea".

View h1r3z's Feedback (+502)
    All-About h1r3z
    View h1r3z's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by damian_steele View Post
    Yet the personal beliefs of those who choose not to believe without proof are constantly belittled by those who accuse them of being narrow-minded (etc). Surely the defense works both ways and should be respected by both sides and folks should not be accused of "having no idea".
    It should, in theory work that way yes. But when people come on with " Ouija boards have no more power than a child's drawing."

and

"And what of those who are so weak minded that they will believe in any old boll*cks that someone tells them?"

Particularly when they have stated quite clearly

"I know they can work"

It kind of puts your defense theory to rest.

Nobody belittled you at the outset, just in retaliation to your belittling.

Of course I know how this will go now, but you belittled first nonetheless.

ner ner

Quote Originally Posted by h1r3z View Post
    It should, in theory work that way yes. But when people come on with " Ouija boards have no more power than a child's drawing."

and

"And what of those who are so weak minded that they will believe in any old boll*cks that someone tells them?"

Particularly when they have stated quite clearly

"I know they can work"

It kind of puts your defense theory to rest.

Nobody belittled you at the outset, just in retaliation to your belittling.

Of course I know how this will go now, but you belittled first nonetheless.

ner ner
    Oh, I get it. You believe in the idea of "I can do anything I like - despite telling people it's wrong - because I've seen someone else do it." In other words, you belong to the childrens' school of reasoning and logic.

While we're in the mood for quoting, I'll give you some more from this thread "The thing to realise is its not the board that holds the power, but the people who are channelling through it. (Usually one person in the group) Its true you don't need a board to contact spirits". Seems to me that someone else here has the balls to stand up and agree that there is no inherent power in a Ouija board.

So when even the proponants of Ouija use admit that it has no power, I think it safe to say that the majority of people claiming to have watched weird things going on were either convincing themselves that whatever happened had something to do with the Ouija board when in reality it didn't, or they were lying.

All-About h1r3z
    View h1r3z's Listings
    Forum Posts

Oh, I get it. You believe in the idea of "I can do anything I like - despite telling people it's wrong - because I've seen someone else do it." In other words, you belong to the childrens' school of reasoning and logic.
    No, I believe that people shouldn't whine about being "constantly belittled" when that is all they spend their time trying to do to others.

And as for being in the mood for quoting - when aren't you?

Quote Originally Posted by h1r3z View Post
    No, I believe that people shouldn't whine about being "constantly belittled" when that is all they spend their time trying to do to others.

And as for being in the mood for quoting - when aren't you?
    So, as usual, you have now completely given up even pretending to discuss the thread topic and now you want to turn this into a personal matter.

You show yourself up each and every time you do this.

All-About h1r3z
    View h1r3z's Listings
    Forum Posts

So, as usual, you have now completely given up even pretending to discuss the thread topic and now you want to turn this into a personal matter.

You show yourself up each and every time you do this.
    OMG - Too funny.

It's not a personal matter Damian, don't flatter yourself into thinking this is all about you, one hypocrite is as bad as the next. It's just that some people do notice you know. And some people will say it.

I've not given up pretending to read the thread (man you are priceless), my comment ("whine about being constantly belittled" - remember?) was relevent to your comment ("constantly belittled" - remember?) about the subject of the thread, get it?

I know that nobody can ever win a situation against someone like you, who believe they are right all the time about everything, but if having my say, which conflicts with your opinion and shows you in a true light or highlights something that some peope know already, if that shows me up, then I'm glad to do so.

All-About h1r3z
    View h1r3z's Listings
    Forum Posts

Chiquita, I know that the boards can work too. Personal experience, nothing to do with what someone has told me, not something I think I've seen (like the walking through a wall analogy), actual experience.
    Don't worry about the scoffers, they will always be there with their shallow comments and demanding proof. You were right, you don't have to prove anything, if they choose not to believe something, it makes no difference if they have no experience of it or if they believe that you have or have not, they will never be convinced anyway.

As you said, you are a richer person for your beliefs. I'm sure your attitude and beliefs make you a much happier & contented person too, than some people who live only to deny everything, try to ridicule, belittle (ohno, that word again ), and disprove everything just for the sake of it.

I wonder why the non-believers are so worked up about it. Why they have to put so much of themsleves into something that they claim not to believe in. Is it for personal satisfaction do you think? Just so they can say they were right, or maybe that they are a little jealous because they feel they have nothing in their life that gives them a little comfort. Perhaps they just hate the thought that someone else has a nicer life than them. If they don't believe that's fair enough, I just don't see why they jump up & down down ranting about proof of this & evidence of that. They have no proof that what you believe in does not exist either.

Thats absolutely right! The proof I have witnessed is mine, it's useless to tell others of it as they only assume you are either nuts or a liar. I have never pressed my opinions or beliefs on anyone, in my view the ones who do not believe are entitled to their beliefs much as I am. But I have to respond to criticism like 'a load of old bo**ocks!' The phrase of being 'narrow minded' has been misused, perhaps it's better to say it's a shame that more peeps are not willing to accept a possibility of things they cannot see.
    I read somewhere that future generations will be more spiritually minded. Wether that means they are more open to spiritual influence, or if they will all have the ability to witness spiritual happenings I don't know. But I feel it will happen. It is our natural progression.
    And Damian, to clarify on the bit about boards holding any power, they do not unless used by someone who is 'open' so to speak. The board is a tool. Used by the right person who is spiritually guided, they are an excellent aid to contact. But used by people who have the gift but do not realise it, (like school children messing about) it can be nasty. They just allow any entity to come through and do not know how to control the situation. Hence objects flying at the wall etc!
    Everything I have stated here is my view on the subject, and I expect my opinions to be respected, just as I respect others.

Thread Information