Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Buying Gemstones!!!

Forum Saint
    View _Nuts_'s Feedback (+445)
    All-About _Nuts_
    View _Nuts_'s Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Buying Gemstones!!!

There are many ways that dealers treat gemstones. The savvy buyer asks lots of questions and hopefully tests the results. Here are some treatments to look for:

· Irradiation: This is the worst treatment used. Gemstones loose any therapeutic properties once they are irradiated. It is *very* common to irradiate aquamarine, topaz, emerald, and diamond, as well as other stones. Irradiation treatment brings out color and removes imperfections. Some dealers don't even know if they are selling irradiated stones. Honest ones will tell you. If you can feel energy from gemstones -- it will be either very scattered or dead when a gemstone is irradiated.

· Dye: This is the most common treatment used. On clear stones, cracks often appear as darker areas of the stone. On others, sometimes there is a residue that rubs off -- or white patches. Almost all lapis and rose quartz are dyed. Amethyst and citrine are often dyed. Dyed stones are much weaker with the exception of black onyx which is dyed in normal processing.

· Coatings: Jasper is often dipped in petroleum products to bring out color and to seal it. Unfortunately, this makes it weaker. Sometimes you can tell by smell. Energetically, it feels dampened.

· Fake stones: Some dealers will try passing off fake stones instead of natural ones. There are fake stone equivalents for most gemstones on the market. Always ask what type of stone something is if you are not certain. Honest dealers will tell you. If a stone looks too perfect it may be fake, irradiated or dyed. Avoid laboratory products (also known as synthetics).

Forum Saint
    View _Nuts_'s Feedback (+445)
    All-About _Nuts_
    View _Nuts_'s Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Buying Gemstones!!!

There are many ways that dealers treat gemstones. The savvy buyer asks lots of questions and hopefully tests the results. Here are some treatments to look for:

· Irradiation: This is the worst treatment used. Gemstones loose any therapeutic properties once they are irradiated. It is *very* common to irradiate aquamarine, topaz, emerald, and diamond, as well as other stones. Irradiation treatment brings out color and removes imperfections. Some dealers don't even know if they are selling irradiated stones. Honest ones will tell you. If you can feel energy from gemstones -- it will be either very scattered or dead when a gemstone is irradiated.

· Dye: This is the most common treatment used. On clear stones, cracks often appear as darker areas of the stone. On others, sometimes there is a residue that rubs off -- or white patches. Almost all lapis and rose quartz are dyed. Amethyst and citrine are often dyed. Dyed stones are much weaker with the exception of black onyx which is dyed in normal processing.

· Coatings: Jasper is often dipped in petroleum products to bring out color and to seal it. Unfortunately, this makes it weaker. Sometimes you can tell by smell. Energetically, it feels dampened.

· Fake stones: Some dealers will try passing off fake stones instead of natural ones. There are fake stone equivalents for most gemstones on the market. Always ask what type of stone something is if you are not certain. Honest dealers will tell you. If a stone looks too perfect it may be fake, irradiated or dyed. Avoid laboratory products (also known as synthetics).

View sweetmimi's Feedback (+522)
    All-About sweetmimi
    View sweetmimi's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Buying Gemstones!!!

Hi lp can you tell me where I could buy a genuine gemstone from for healing I have COPD or emphasemia , Find it very hard to breath sometimes and would like to fly to Greece this year but might need to cary oxy with me which is a pain in the but, but someone suggested that I wear a healing gemstone and that might help but dont know which one or where I could buy a genuine one from maybe you could advise thanks barbara

View sweetmimi's Feedback (+522)
    All-About sweetmimi
    View sweetmimi's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi lp can you tell me where I could buy a genuine gemstone from for healing I have COPD or emphasemia , Find it very hard to breath sometimes and would like to fly to Greece this year but might need to cary oxy with me which is a pain in the but, but someone suggested that I wear a healing gemstone and that might help but dont know which one or where I could buy a genuine one from maybe you could advise thanks barbara

Hi Sweety,
    My crystal directory suggests Morganite or Rhodonite for Emphysema (I presume American spelling). I don't know what COPD stands for, but if you give me the full name I'll try and find out. Morganite is a fairly newly discovered stone, but from the description seems more appropriate. Unfortunately, it is quite rare. I have a couple of small pieces (and I mean small) which are £1.75, whereas I have Rhodonite for 50p. If you want either, or more info let me know. I could put on as 'buy now' if you want. The Rhodonite I can supply as a pendant in a spiral for £2.99, or a power bracelet for £5.50. But the Morganite is too small to put in a spiral, it could be bellcapped, but I don't have any fixings yet. Any way, if I can be any help let me know.
    Peace & Harmony
    Gay

Hi Sweety,
    My crystal directory suggests Morganite or Rhodonite for Emphysema (I presume American spelling). I don't know what COPD stands for, but if you give me the full name I'll try and find out. Morganite is a fairly newly discovered stone, but from the description seems more appropriate. Unfortunately, it is quite rare. I have a couple of small pieces (and I mean small) which are £1.75, whereas I have Rhodonite for 50p. If you want either, or more info let me know. I could put on as 'buy now' if you want. The Rhodonite I can supply as a pendant in a spiral for £2.99, or a power bracelet for £5.50. But the Morganite is too small to put in a spiral, it could be bellcapped, but I don't have any fixings yet. Any way, if I can be any help let me know.
    Peace & Harmony
    Gay

This is so strange, i have A1(Antitrypsin deficiency) would the crystals i need be the same as Sweety, as it is similar to Emphysema??

This is so strange, i have A1(Antitrypsin deficiency) would the crystals i need be the same as Sweety, as it is similar to Emphysema??

Hi Otters,
    I don't have A1 in my directory. The description for Morganite says 'Oxygenating cells and reorganizing them, it treats TB, Asthma, Emphysema, heart problems and lung blockages'. If these have similar symptoms, then it could well be effective.

Hi Otters,
    I don't have A1 in my directory. The description for Morganite says 'Oxygenating cells and reorganizing them, it treats TB, Asthma, Emphysema, heart problems and lung blockages'. If these have similar symptoms, then it could well be effective.

Thread Information