eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: VINYL - Anyone interested in LP's ???

View Gen696's Feedback (+537)
    All-About Gen696
    View Gen696's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default VINYL - Anyone interested in LP's ???

Hi All,
    Just wondering if anyone is interested in buying LP's and Singles?
    I have loads of them but saw no one bidding on what's in the auction lists
    when i looked. So instead of listing some of them i wanted feedback on what people are looking for!. They will be cheap as i have sooo many..
    I have all forms of music available: Soul, Hip Hop, Reggae, 60's, 70's, 80's,
    Classical, Rock, Pop, Stories and Country.
    Any feedback appreciated..Thanks Gen696

Default Re: VINYL - Anyone interested in LP's ???

you might want to try a featured listing to start with...but having said that, is there a demand for vinyl in this day and age ?

All-About Gen696
    View Gen696's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thanks for you input! 'youman'
    Well i sold some through my local newspaper.
    People still listen to them and also some dj's
    still use them. So maybe someone out there
    needs a few copies..
    Anyway Hi to you and see you around.

Forum Saint
    View _Nuts_'s Feedback (+445)
    All-About _Nuts_
    View _Nuts_'s Listings
    Forum Posts

I used to have alot of LP's etc myself and found them hard to sell when i used to use the YAHOO auctions before they shut them...Then 1 day a nice gent who was a collector got intouch with me as he had seen some of my auctions i had and we ended up comming to terms about a price for the lot ....so all i can suggest is to add as many as you can and in the discription add a message saying you have loads to offer .. Then you might find someone will possably get intouch with you about them and i must say it is better if you can add a picture of the LP and the cover as the collectors can see to a certain degree what condition they are in :wink:

All-About Gen696
    View Gen696's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi p_nut_2003,
    I have put a few up for auction!!
    Thanks for you reply.. I was thinking of putting up photo's on the auctions so people can see the condition and covers but unfortunately i do not have a digital camera at the moment..
    Anyway had a clearout so i may do a carboot at the weekend and may also sell some..hopefully. Or maybe like you say a collector might come along and buy the lot..
    Gen696

Forum Saint
    View _Nuts_'s Feedback (+445)
    All-About _Nuts_
    View _Nuts_'s Listings
    Forum Posts

Your welcome mate ..... i hope it was of some use to you but thats how i got rid of most of my LP's :wink: I went out and spent some money on buying a digital camera and have found my auctions are selling alot better now i add pictures, Or another way is to take normal pictures and then use a scanner to get them on your pc... But buying a camera is only worth while if you plan to do alot of auctions all the time ... But another great advantage of having a diggy camera its great to use with the family and saves on procesing charges and pays for itself in the end as i download them all to disc as i love snapping pickys of my family :wink:

I'm a small-time buyer of vinyl and just found eBid. I'll be looking to see what's for sale in the vinyl line. I just need to get the hang of the eBid site first. I'm just one of the many who are coming over from eBay.

When you're listing your records, please, say what the condition is. If you say nothing, the assumption may be made that it's in very poor condition and you won't sell. It's better to say "the cover is creased, split etc and the vinyl is in xxx condition" than to say nothing..

Oh yes, state your post and packing charges. Othewise, people may be wary of being ripped off.

It doesn't cost to list here and you don't have to stand in a damp field, sell for a pittance and pay for being in the field!

All-About Gen696
    View Gen696's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi vtersal,
    Welcome to eBid..
    I had a few up for auction but took them off as there was no interest.
    But now there's more buyer's and more people interested in vinyl and dj stuff i will probably put some back up for auction.
    Yeh.. I always describe my things as best as possible and say any faults with the item. ( Do not want anyone to buy something thinking it's near as new and when they get it go some wear and tear!).
    I've been looking at a few digital cameras now and hopefully i will get one i'm just a bit picky with things i buy from shops and Boot sales.
    Thanks for feedback though nice to get some thought in..
    Gen696

Hi there
    just joined tonight.

gen696, you mentioned that you had rock lp's. What sort of rock are they.
    If they are my type, then I will bid for them if you put them up for auction.

smurfette

Forum Lurker
    View f3speech's Feedback (+1703)
    All-About f3speech
    View f3speech's Listings
    Forum Posts

Gen,

Let me know when you put them up - I have 3 large boxes here to sell too. Mostly Mowtown and I have a box that a DJ left in one of my houses when he did a moonlight flit :cry:

:idea: If we get them up at the same time we could maybe link to each other to bounce the bidders to each other's auctions. It would take me a week or so to get them pictured etc, so please try and give me a bit of warning if u can.

Thread Information