My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Overdue account notice + Unable to contact ebid double whammy

Default Overdue account notice + Unable to contact ebid double whammy

Recently, someone came and clicked on one of my items, but he or she did not pay. I was in the midst of sending payment reminders when about two days after the sale I awoke to find out that I was locked out of my account due to an overdue balance that was based on the recent sale that I had never been paid for. So now I’m unable to finish sending the payment reminders so that I can get the fee credit. And to make matters worse, I am unable to contact the agents of Ebid for help in rectifying the situation because when I try to send a message on the Contact Form I receive a “Problem with email” notice. So right now it appears that the only way for me to get back into my account is for me to pay the fee for something that I haven’t been paid for.

I was wondering if anyone has also experienced this problem, and what was the solution?

Forum Master
    View tony41's Feedback (+10028)
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Overdue account notice + Unable to contact ebid double whammy

Quote Originally Posted by TheWizardOfOdds View Post
    Recently, someone came and clicked on one of my items, but he or she did not pay. I was in the midst of sending payment reminders when about two days after the sale I awoke to find out that I was locked out of my account due to an overdue balance that was based on the recent sale that I had never been paid for. So now I’m unable to finish sending the payment reminders so that I can get the fee credit. And to make matters worse, I am unable to contact the agents of Ebid for help in rectifying the situation because when I try to send a message on the Contact Form I receive a “Problem with email” notice. So right now it appears that the only way for me to get back into my account is for me to pay the fee for something that I haven’t been paid for.

I was wondering if anyone has also experienced this problem, and what was the solution?
    This may or may not work but it is worth a try.
    Have you tried a direct email (i.e. not using the contact form) to http://support@ebid.net
    I never use the contact form but, then again, I've never had your problem. Remember that ebid admin is UK based so there is a time difference.

Some time ago for some reason ebid stopped taking my monthly fees by automatic DD and it was several months before I noticed I hadn't paid my dues and made a manual PP payment. (I started a thread about it at the time)

Although probably there was only small amounts owing each month, ebid didn't send me any reminder emails or take any form of action against my account. The only reason I paid when I did was only because I noticed I hadn't paid anything for months, probably noticed when checking my bank statement.

It seems very quick that ebid should block your account for an outstanding balance from a transaction only days before? Are you sure that the outstanding balance isn't from a previous transaction and has been outstanding for some time?
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

http://uk.ebid.net/users/theElench

Hello, yes I'm definitely positive. I've been paying my balance, so my balance was zero. The amount from the recent sale that I was not paid for was the only amount on the invoice.

Hello, thanks. I wasn't aware that there was another way to contact them.

View gazza's Feedback (+2)
    All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi Wizard, is it the sale from 30th June you are talking about?

Also, we attempted to use the Contact Us form using your registered email address and weren't able to replicate the problem you had. Are you using a computer or mobile device to use for contact form? Are you able to send a screenshot of what you are seeing to us via this thread or again via an email to support.

Thanks,
    Gazza
    Last edited by gazza; 4th July 2023 at 04:23 PM.
    eBid.net
    Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy
    GBP and USD Affiliate Program Re-Launched .. Promote eBid and earn
    Got a problem? Record it for us using http://screencast-o-matic.com/

Thread Information