Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Art Deco Glass - New Listing This week.

Default Art Deco Glass - New Listing This week.

A Bagley vase designed to look like an opening Tulip bud and so usually known as a "Tulip vase". Made in green Uranium glass, it glows strongly under UV light.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by theElench; 3rd July 2023 at 07:32 PM.
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

http://uk.ebid.net/users/theElench

View pastime's Feedback (+197)
    All-About pastime
    View pastime's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Art Deco Glass - New Listing This week.

Quote Originally Posted by theElench View Post
    This week a large (8 inch)) Bagley vase designed to look like an opening Tulip bud and so usually known as a "Tulip" vase. Made in green Uranium glass, it glows strongly under UV light. It's in remarkably good condition, only having one tiny flea-bite to its rim and no other damage.
    Hi Elench,
    That is a beauty! - and thank you, for asking a price close to its value (although I haven't carried out a search on its value). One of the things I found frustrating on this site ' we should ask less for an item because the fees are less'. Rubbish, it only makes this site more dubious, 'why is it cheaper, is it a con?'

I did sell items below their market value, packed it well, posted it immediately, kept the buyer informed, left positive feedback etc - did I get any feedback? No, nothing - assume buyers thought they had just been lucky not to be scammed, on that occasion!

About time sellers on this site priced items similar to Etsy - over 800 sales: always asking more than on eBid (unlike ebay - too many sellers scrabbling for a sale, at any cost).
    What is needed on this site is sellers selling one-off, hard to find, unique items, not easily found - that would show on Google and protect sellers from over-large fees and a decent return on their sales.

Have a purple Bagley Tulip Lamp, which I will list soon (find one of those elsewhere!)

Sorry, Elench, to hijack your listing, but I think this is worth some discussion by all sellers.
    Best wishes,
    Marie.

I think that the advice to "sell for less" was probably good ten years ago when the "place to go" for my items was obay and obay was the only place to look to get an idea about pricing, but not any more. Back then obay was a good market for my sort of items with far more private buyers / sellers / collectors who would pay reasonable prices. From what I can see, they've now largely deserted obay, leaving mostly re-sellers who "watch" virtually every item I list there, but don't even consider buying unless I will send them a heavily discounted "offer".

I still look at recent Sold prices there (as a guide to the lowest prices), but also look at esty as a guide to more realistic prices and pitch my price with a small discount on theirs.

I've sold more items on ebid for the last few years than I have on obay, because I won't join the race to the bottom and refuse to send lower offers, the resellers don't buy but the occasional collector(?) does, because for them my prices are attractive compared to esty. This year I've sold 13 items here (plus two more yesterday, not successfully completed yet)), 5 on obay. I don't sell on esty, or any other site where their fee structure is so complicated I can't work out how much I will pay before I sell the item.

I think my sales here have increased and become regular and reliable since my listing numbers went over about 200, in combination with paying more attention to google shopping. (There is a thread in the "Website Suggestions" board where I make some observations on how to get items and ebid noticed on GS. There is more to come when I get the time to add more.) Just looking at GS regularly, and viewing ebid listings seems to get more of them shown in results and ebid added to the sidebar of sites searched. I've found it works for my 'Art Deco Glass' search and when Cornish Maid returns I hope she will give us some insight into how her Stoneware listings are highlighted and "Ebid - Becky's Hoard" shown on the sidebar. It doesn't seem all that difficult to get GS to notice individual sellers and the ebid site name and (I think) that's where most of my sales come from.

I have a pink "Tulip" lamp on my bed-side table. I've never seen a purple one are you sure its not sun damage!! Please be sure to put it on PYA when you list it, I'd love to take a look.
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

http://uk.ebid.net/users/theElench

Forum Master
    View tony41's Feedback (+10028)
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

Perhaps the two replies to the original Plug thread should be moved to a more appropriate section. The comments are of interest to more people than those who are interested in glass. It would be a pity if these comments were lost because they are hidden.

I presume this is why the convention always used to be that "Plug Your Auction" posts should not be replied to.

Forum Master
    View tony41's Feedback (+10028)
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

I am not sure whether you, Pastime or both of you who have to make the move. Perhaps they cannot be moved. I just think it is a pity if they should be lost.

View pastime's Feedback (+197)
    All-About pastime
    View pastime's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tony41 View Post
    I am not sure whether you, Pastime or both of you who have to make the move. Perhaps they cannot be moved. I just think it is a pity if they should be lost.
    Hi Tony,
    I didn't realise that comments shouldn't be entered on PYA - although I did think I was being bad-mannered by hijacking the thread.
    My apologies, will reply to Elench in Kitchen Table.
    Marie.

Thread Information