Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: New To eBid and have Questions

Default New To eBid and have Questions

Hello Everyone.

I am new to eBid and have signed up with a lifetime membership etc. I am located up near Seattle USA and specialize in used or near new jewelry. I use mostly eBay for selling but I would like to sell some of my stuff to the UK and other English speaking countries.

When I first joined eBid, I placed about 20 items of jewelery at keen prices in the selling area and after two weeks I had not sold anything, and not even got many people looking at mylisting. So I took them off and haven't bothered since.

Is eBid anything like eBay at all? Do things sell quickly? Are there any secrets to selling on eBid? These are genuine questions and I really want to know how to do things on ebid.

I have nearly 400 jewelry items on ebay.

Can anyone throw any light on this for me or help me to understand?

Best regards

BritmarkBoutique.

View Policequilts's Feedback (+995)
    All-About Policequilts
    View Policequilts's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: New To eBid and have Questions

@Britmark

The sales here are slow.
    You will need to promote yourself on the social medias to bring buyers here.

Definitely read the help section: FAQ. All the parts, not just the selling part.
    Make sure you give great description of your items.

Don't use the Good until sold. Use the auto-posting in your listings. Similar to eBay when there was 30 days and then renew it. Here is nice that you can do 30 days with 10 auto-postings or 10 days with 10 auto-postings and such.

Quote Originally Posted by Policequilts View Post
    @Britmark

The sales here are slow.
    You will need to promote yourself on the social medias to bring buyers here.

Definitely read the help section: FAQ. All the parts, not just the selling part.
    Make sure you give great description of your items.

Don't use the Good until sold. Use the auto-posting in your listings. Similar to eBay when there was 30 days and then renew it. Here is nice that you can do 30 days with 10 auto-postings or 10 days with 10 auto-postings and such.
    Thanks so much PoliceQuilts. Sounds like a lot of work for me as I am not a prolific social media user. I am of the older generation and retired with no time for social stuff.

Thanks again.

All-About Policequilts
    Forum Posts

@Britmark

I don't do a lot of social media. Same thing with retirement even though I am still working.
    I do like to see the items on Pinterest and set up an account to help myself and other sellers with pinning their items that they have for sale.

If you have a Pinterest account, you can check SELLERSMALL or click the last link in my signature to see the various boards. I have gotten my sales from this social media.
    I do pin for the eBid sellers here - most don't know it. I even have 2 boards with eBid - USA sellers and eBid - UK along with other selling categories.

The last couple of months, I haven't done a lot of pinning. Death of a cat, some home electric problems and clients changing their schedules to make my hair turn gray. LOL
    I will be start pinning in the beginning of the year again.

Hi,

Since you are selling on the bay, you can do as I do/did with sales. Add a short note to every package you send out from the bay sales, with your ebid information (ID) telling your customers that you are also selling on ebid (add the link). Some say its not worth the effort, but it really is. In the past month, I have had 7 brand new people buy my items and most if not all were from the bay. Just a simple little note works wonders with your customers and will get them to come look at what you have listed here. Like you, I do not do the social media thing, not worth the time when I can be listing on ebid.

Good luck with your sales and you have to give it time, once your listing is up, it won't go anywhere until you take it down. You just never know when a sale will happen.

Happy Holidays

All-About Policequilts
    Forum Posts

@Britmark

I agree with ShortStuff.

I stopped selling on eBay because I refuse to sign up for their Managed Payments.
    Before I was cut off with eBay, I re-opened my stores here and when I sold items on eBay, I would send a note that I am at eBid. NET, my shops and that my prices are lower there.

Forum Newbie
    View RogerandOwl's Feedback (+6388)
    All-About RogerandOwl
    View RogerandOwl's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi Britmark, I agree with everything already said, if you are still selling on Ebay then promote ebid on slips with the items you sell on there to drive customers to ebid.

Since not using Ebay to sell when the managed payments came out, I've had a few sales here, but to be quite honest I've had as many if not more views on my items than I did on Ebay. By all accounts sales are down on eBay for most people. I'm actually thinking of taking the hit on managed payments, putting on some throwaway items over there just so I can add slips on sales to direct traffic over here. The difference in fees here is worth the wait in sales, which only can increase with effort. It's nicer here as well!

I don't do social media either and also agree with what's been said already.

A couple more things that might help that haven't been mentioned yet. Make sure to make your listings tick all the boxes to get up-loaded to google shopping. I think that plus notes in boxes helped get my sales started here. What (I think) helped even more was when someone mentioned on a similar thread that if two listings are the same, google shopping will show the one from obay.

Since I started making sure that the titles were noticeably different my sales have been better. Although I've not seen the idea mentioned since, it seems to work for me!
    Selling niche stuff can be erratic and often slow but my sales on ebay are now so few and far between that even using RUS in my thinly populated niche here, sales are still better than over there.

Good luck for future sales
    Last edited by theElench; 22nd December 2021 at 11:47 AM.
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

http://uk.ebid.net/users/theElench

Thread Information