eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Let's talk Silver Stacking and Collecting...

View BenzCoinz's Feedback (+2237)
    All-About BenzCoinz
    View BenzCoinz's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Let's talk Silver Stacking and Collecting...

Oops! Almost forgot about this excellent site which provides the Spot Price for Silver as well as the melt value of U.S. and Canadian coins.

https://www.coinflation.com/silver_coin_values.html
    Coin Crazy Since 1974 - USAF Veteran - AF&AM

All-About BenzCoinz
    Forum Posts

Why Silver is a better investment than Gold...

On February 10, 2020 the spot price was $17.77 for Silver and $1572.06 for Gold. If you had invested $5,000 in each medal you would have had 281.37 ounces of Silver and 3.18 ounces of Gold.

On February 10, 2021 the spot price was $27.01 for Silver and $1,842.08 for Gold. Your Silver would have been worth $7,599.80 and your Gold would have been worth $5,857.81 which is a $1,741.99 or about 34.84% greater return on your investment.

Also, if you buy Gold bars and need to sell quickly you may not find someone who is willing to purchase them on short notice due to the high price and slow return. With one to ten ounce Silver bars it is easy to sell them off at a coin show to different dealers due to lower cost and the quick turnaround.

Just my humble opinions and no guaranty that you will make a good return on Silver investments. Collect or Stack for security and fun.

Ben

Hi BenzCoins, are these stamped (pictorial?) bars and rounds an American thing? I collected British silver coins for about 10 years. During that time I did a lot of buying from Coincraft (London) dealers. They were founded and run by an American who sent out a Newsletter every six weeks or so and although it had coins and medals and "fantasy" coins from all over the world, I don't recall anything like the bar you show.

The only thing remotely like it, that I recall, would be Trade Dollars -- US or British. Not really currency "coins", just a handy, guaranteed amount of silver used for trade with the Far-East.
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

http://uk.ebid.net/users/theElench

All-About BenzCoinz
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by theElench View Post
    Hi BenzCoins, are these stamped (pictorial?) bars and rounds an American thing? I collected British silver coins for about 10 years. During that time I did a lot of buying from Coincraft (London) dealers. They were founded and run by an American who sent out a Newsletter every six weeks or so and although it had coins and medals and "fantasy" coins from all over the world, I don't recall anything like the bar you show.

The only thing remotely like it, that I recall, would be Trade Dollars -- US or British. Not really currency "coins", just a handy, guaranteed amount of silver used for trade with the Far-East.

These were popular in the early 1970's thanks to the Franklin Mint and a few others. Collecting Special Silver Bars, Rounds and Sets has become very popular over the past years. There are many places that issue these including Australia, Barbados, Cameroon, Canada, Cayman Islands, China, Congo, Fiji, Japan, Samoa and Netherlands.

All-About BenzCoinz
    Forum Posts

Here is one of my favorite 10oz. Bars due to it being .9999 Fine Silver and having a reeded edge like coins.

Name:  RCM 10oz Blocked.jpg
Views: 39
Size:  486.9 KB

Did you know that the UK Royal Mint issues its "Britannia" bullion coins in .9999 Silver. The £2 coin is 1oz weight. I buy a couple each year and put them away for my nephews. Strangely, some years the best price I can find to buy at is from US sellers, even with postage.
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

All-About BenzCoinz
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by theElench View Post
    Did you know that the UK Royal Mint issues its "Britannia" bullion coins in .9999 Silver. The £2 coin is 1oz weight. I buy a couple each year and put them away for my nephews. Strangely, some years the best price I can find to buy at is from US sellers, even with postage.
    Figured I would miss a few but can't believe this was one of them. I really like their designs and just ordered this yesterday.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Didn't recognise that as recent Brit. design (and missed that it's a 10 oz Round!!) so went to the RM site to see if they'd started doing new designs again. Reminded me why I stopped buying new releases from them. This year there's the annual £2 coin (alone or in a set), the Proof, the gilded version, a "Special Limited Edition" alternative version which comes alone or in a twin pack with a frosted version +Proof etc. etc. Just too many to keep up with

That's why I started collecting pre-decimal silver. I hope I can attach a picture of some of the earlier 1 oz coins where they had different designs(some I really liked). The "usual" one these days is on the bottom row, Britannia with Trident and Shield. (With a couple of non-silver Jubilee Commemoratives).
    Attached Images Attached Images  

All-About BenzCoinz
    Forum Posts

Nice group you have there. It'll be my birthday in October. :^)

Thank you. Perhaps if you show my picture to a generous uncle they may be inspired ......??? Don't forget to mention that to complete the series to date they'd need to also get the other seven that are in tray 2. :-)

Thread Information