eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Facebook Posting Issues

Forum Saint
    View moonwitch's Feedback (+1616)
    All-About moonwitch
    View moonwitch's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Facebook Posting Issues

Please be aware that Facebook has recently clamped down on our marketing there.

Our personal profiles have never been for business, which is why we were encourages to set up Facebook pages to promote our businesses.

More recently that changed and groups appeared all over the place where bidders could share links to listings and so on.

There is now a new warning about 'protecting the community from spamming', the result for me being I am now unable to post links, new statuses and photos to any Facebook groups and pages anywhere on Facebook.

I run 'Great Stuff on eBid' but am now unable to post anything on that group at all. I have also been stopped from posting on my 'Falon Towers Lockdown', set up to be a friendly space for people on lockdown (plenty of our ebidders are members)

I am now in the process of shutting down all my groups and deleting pages but will leave 'Great Stuff on eBid' up as I know that you guys will want to continue to support that group.

The next YDC is due to start in September so I am appealing to others to help keep the YDC page going as I can no longer maintain this

Thanks again for your continuing support in getting the word out there xxx

Forum Saint
    View Anniemcc2's Feedback (+3934)
    All-About Anniemcc2
    View Anniemcc2's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Facebook Posting Issues

Maggie aka purplestevie has had the same problem. It appears they want you to use Marketplace for all sale posts.

I've had a few eBid re-posts from my eBid selling page blocked by Faceache in the past + a share from our local doctor's surgery classed as spam, so am taking it carefully.

Will see how it goes with all my other groups.
    Last edited by Anniemcc2; 7th July 2020 at 01:37 PM.

View purplestevie's Feedback (+8205)
    All-About purplestevie
    View purplestevie's Listings
    Forum Posts

Moonwitch ive sent you a message via facebook re a blogger group me and anne are in, let me know if you want to join us to promote YDC etc. Remember any images you use will come up on google images.
    I hope an arguement didnt ensue re the facebook group, sorry Anne.

Forum Saint
    View Anniemcc2's Feedback (+3934)
    All-About Anniemcc2
    View Anniemcc2's Listings
    Forum Posts

No probs, Maggie. Just that i got an idea and followed through. Shouldn't be thinking and acting that time of day!

Forum Saint
    View moonwitch's Feedback (+1616)
    All-About moonwitch
    View moonwitch's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by purplestevie View Post
    Moonwitch ive sent you a message via facebook re a blogger group me and anne are in, let me know if you want to join us to promote YDC etc. Remember any images you use will come up on google images.
    I hope an arguement didnt ensue re the facebook group, sorry Anne.
    Our joint blogger thing is coming along nicely. Once I've got a bit more organised, I will very gratefully use this facility for the YDC promotions.

I switched to my family profile on Facebook today and was able to post on the 'Great Stuff o eBid' group so I'm not completely speechless.

I have several thousand contacts on Facebook so will be happy to share the blog there

I also have been banned from promoting on Farcebook groups I've belonged to for a number of years for spamming, yet they're quite prepared to let me take out an ad with them for £10 a week to promote the same product (tried it previously - didn't work). Does make you wonder what a selling group is about if you can no longer sell on it...

Thread Information