My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: YDC and paying with Paypal.

Default YDC and paying with Paypal.

With things getting back to near normal perhaps there are thoughts about the next YDC auctions?

I just read a thread on That Other Site's Seller Central Board called "Why would Paypal hold money for 180 days?". A long story concerning a seller who seems to have had their paypal account closed for evading fees. Possibly because they used Family & Friends for a commercial transaction.

A regular poster (who is usually very well informed) has posted that paypal is cracking down on fee evasion because of the anticipated loss of income from the other site in the near future.

Unless charity auctions have some sort of exemption from their commercial transactions rules, the thread might be worth a read.

Sorry I can't do a direct link, one day I will get it right!
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

http://uk.ebid.net/users/theElench

View sucadot's Feedback (+845)
    All-About sucadot
    View sucadot's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: YDC and paying with Paypal.

a seller who seems to have had their paypal account closed for evading fees. Possibly because they used Family & Friends for a commercial transaction.
    A valid point to consider, thank you for posting.

It could have scary implications for YDC.
    [SIGPIC]
    view my listings here

That's what I thought. I haven't taken part in many YDC auctions but every time I have I've been advised to send the money by Family & Friends "to save on fees". I didn't think about it in terms of "evasion". If there is a crack-down, perhaps it might be wise to do so. The person who said there is a crack-down can usually be relied on to give good advice.
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

Forum Saint
    View Anniemcc2's Feedback (+3934)
    All-About Anniemcc2
    View Anniemcc2's Listings
    Forum Posts

There's always the option of sending your money direct to the charity *if* they have a website/fund raising page.

But this defeats the object of a YDC total donation of everyone's sales/top-ups.

A long time ago and elsewhere, I was thinking about donating a % of my sales to a charity and looked at how it was done. I couldn't do it through the site as my preferred charity wasn't on their list. But I do remember (vaguely) something about donating through paypal. As YDC is supported by ebid there might be some way around paypal rules in their donations policy?? It might be worth looking into.

Sorry I can't remember anything about donating through paypal except that I couldn't give a % of each sale.

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Pay.google.com/send is a payment method that charges zero to send or receive money. The service comes in 6 languages and works via email addy.

Note: Google Pay Send used to be Google Wallet

Forum Saint
    All-About Anniemcc2
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by burgyeb View Post
    Pay.google.com/send is a payment method that charges zero to send or receive money. The service comes in 6 languages and works via email addy.

Note: Google Pay Send used to be Google Wallet
    To those of you that used to have Google Checkout accounts, you now have a G Pay account with very outdated info - as I've just discovered.
    Still trying to work out how it works e.g sending a money request/invoice.
    Does it work with GB£ rather than $?
    Last edited by Anniemcc2; 1st July 2020 at 08:46 AM.

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anniemcc2 View Post
    To those of you that used to have Google Checkout accounts, you now have a G Pay account with very outdated info - as I've just discovered.
    Still trying to work out how it works e.g sending a money request/invoice.
    Does it work with GB£ rather than $?
    Google Pay Send (GPS)replaced Google Wallet; GPS is a service of Google Pay. I used Google Wallet without difficulty before the change. I have also used Google Checkout a long time ago. Are you speaking of eBid's info being outdated. I thought Google Checkout was no longer available.

I would imagine they would use pounds. Have you checked the site directly?

P.S. I checked Google Pay Help Center and they offer different services to different countries. They offer some services to the UK, and accept pounds. They mentioned working in expanding services to other countries. Currently sending money to families and friends is offered in USA and India.

Forum Saint
    All-About Anniemcc2
    Forum Posts

I had a Google Checkout account when it was integrated with eBid but thought I had closed it. So googled G_Pay and up comes all my details from eons ago including an old bank account and expired credit cards!
    For reference, I use Chrome and am signed in.

I've begun updating my details and will explore further.

An update on my previous post re. paypal crackdown on fee evasion.

Another thread on That Other Site: "Would advise others to stop using paypal as a payment platform", on their Seller Central board. Started by another seller who's had their paypal account closed for fee evasion. I asked the usually "well informed source" if they knew if there might be any exemption for charity sales.

They did not know if there was or not and added that all they knew was that a small team has been set up to seek out and remove evaders on .uk before TOS entirely splits from paypal.

The additional warnings added by others might be worth considering.

Thread Information