Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pause for reflection

Default Pause for reflection

In another thread a short while back, I commented that I knew of nobody who had been a victim of Covid-19. This has changed in the past two days.

I came to Essex nearly 60 years ago and moved to the South of the county just over 20 years ago. When I made that move I had to register with a new doctor.My new G.P. was of Indian origin, two years my junior, and the most caring of men. After his leaving the practice he did some locum work as and when needed for other practices in this area. I am sure you can guess what is coming...

Two days ago I heard a rumour - and yesterday I learned the truth. He had volunteered to help at a major local hospital, had caught the virus and died. This was published in the local press. A little extra research on my part revealed that he had died a fortnight ago! May he rest in Peace.

I then checked up on another doctor I knew from church. She had qualified recently, completed her internship and was due in a few weeks to take up a permanent post. While waiting, she too had volunteered...guess the rest. Her parents had not been told for several days after her passing. A lovely family of Zambian origin, her father and I belong to several groups at church and often chat when we meet while shopping as well as on more formal occasions. May she rest in Peace and Rise in Glory.

View madelaine's Feedback (+5873)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Pause for reflection

So sad!

I'm not that close to anyone who has even caught it yet.. as far as I know. But I do know someone who died in hospital alone not of Covid-19 but alone because of it and her husband is now stuck in his house, alone with his grief.
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

Very sad...it happens to many of us, being left alone with grief. It does ease over time, but it's of little use telling the sufferer this. I came across something a little more cheerful on the BBC news page:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...shire-52474787

I hope and pray that this may continue...

View madelaine's Feedback (+5873)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cambrensis View Post
    [SIZE=4]Very sad...it happens to many of us, being left alone with grief. It does ease over time, but it's of little use telling the sufferer this. I
    but someone always thinks they can say it! Our neighbour is very elderly but he is a Christian so he knows where his wife is and where he is going.

That BBC clip is good - a really generous gesture.
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

My cousin and her husband both passed from covid19 last week - she was in a care home suffering from dementia and he picked it up when visiting her, they died within a day of each other. Brings it home a lot more when it becomes personal...

Quote Originally Posted by Mandart View Post
    My cousin and her husband both passed from covid19 last week - she was in a care home suffering from dementia and he picked it up when visiting her, they died within a day of each other. Brings it home a lot more when it becomes personal...

Indeed...so sad...personal knowledge, or in your case an actual relationship makes it much more real and much worse. I'm sure many here extend their thoughts and prayers to you and yours.

Thank you, much appreciated.

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

My sincere condolences to Mandart and his family for the loss of his family members. Also sincere condolences to the families of the doctors who sacrificed their lives to help those impacted by covid-19. This is such a sad situation for our communities and the world.

Laurencekirk, Aberdeenshire, United Kingdom
    View Maelbrigda's Feedback (+2605)
    All-About Maelbrigda
    View Maelbrigda's Listings
    Forum Posts

My daughter went on holiday to Poland at the end of February and got it two days after she returned. Thankfully it was not too serious and she has now recovered but for two weeks I was really worried.
    Simply Handmade all my handmade items
    Maelbrigda's Bits and Pieces For Clothing and Jewellery, Ornaments, Odds & Ends & Much More
    Craft Store Crafty bits & pieces. Patterns, Card, Yarn, Stamps and more
    Books, Blu Rays, DVD's, CD's and Vinyl Records
    https://www.ebid.net/uk/stores/The-Pagan-Tree

Please have a look. I combine postage wherever possible.

Very sad reading about the loss of your family members Mandart. Sending you my sincere condolences.
    I too have lost a family member, my Uncle John. My auntie Kath (my mum's youngest sister) and my three cousins are just totally devastated to have lost a husband and dad in this most awful way.

Penni, I cannot imagine how worried you must have been for your daughter, I would have just gone to pieces. I'm so very pleased for you that she has recovered and is now well.

Hugs to you both (((((xxx)))))
    Visit my clothes store -here
    Look in my treasure in trove ! here
    For
    soy wax candles, tarts & melts click here
    For trading cards click here
    Visit my Tazo barhere

Thread Information