Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: An Update on Chairman Harri!

Default An Update on Chairman Harri!

I thought some would like to see what has happened with Harri, who, as you'll remember is 11 years old and came from the Dog's Trust to me after three other owners had given up on him.
    He was on daily pain killers for his legs...after two months in Central Heating I no longer give them to him. He is not in pain. I have told the trust and they were quite surprised (their vet wasn't!) Also, the dietary supplement he had to be given is no longer needed as I eventually managed to get his diet right. That took a bit of thinking about, I can tell you!

He has a large armchair for personal use; it's covered by his dog blanket "in case" and he has used this most of the time for many weeks. However, two weeks ago he discovered that his legs were now good enough for him to get on to the back of the chair at its top. This he does in one bound - categorical (dogegorical?) proof that he has no leg problems now.

I'm attaching a pic of him enthroned and at his ease. What a dog's life!!

Name:  Harriatwork.jpg
Views: 73
Size:  53.1 KB

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: An Update on Chairman Harri!

Getting spoiled and loving it!

YEA!

Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

Hahaha! Wonderfu! I had a dog once who loved to be tickled with the vacuum cleaner, but that is a wonderful shot!

Correction! "Those are wonderfu shots!" (Missed the second!)

All-About HerMajesty
    Forum Posts

You are doing wonders with Harri! He is one lucky guy. Likes to sleep up on the back of the chair like my cat does. I worry she will fall off, but she doesn't! Good for you for helping him be so healthy and happy!
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Diolch i chwi fy Frenhines i...(Thank you my Queen). I have nothing else to do and nobody else to care about. He is good company and has taught me his dialect of "doggish".. He seems pleased that I am such a good pupil. I know what the odd whimper means and above all what the pointed look means.The problem with large rehoming places, good as they are, is that they have not enough people nor time to deal with a dog individually, except perhaps for five minutes now and then.

I still have the problem of walking him, which is fine, except that he hates all other dogs - rivalry I suppose from the Trust. So I keep him on a long lead (2 metres in the open) which I may shorten very quickly by moving my grip. I am not going to attempt to retrain him at 11 years of age.

Best of all he is not noisy indoors, except when the post arrives, so we each sit dozing the rest of our time away! Wonderful!

All-About HerMajesty
    Forum Posts

Croeso I chi! Dw i'n wedi dysgu Cymreg. ychydig. oy. But not enough. It's so nice when people are able and willing to rehome creatures. We have an unclaimed stray cat. Also a rooster someone bandoned with several others in the middle of town. We had a coop, so took him in. He was cranky and nuts. Couldn't get close to him, and he mostly refused to go into the coop at night. After a few weeks of being chased by him, and trying to be a calming influence in his feathered life, we took in 6 battery hens. He changed overnight. He had a purpose in life. He'd cluck at the girls, and show them where the food was, and herd them around the run. Now he doesn't try to nail me with his spurs, or peck at my hands. He's a Polish type of rooster........big floof of feathers (copper with black edges) on top of his head, so he has to tilt his head to see anything.). We named him Russell Crow. We call the hens...........the Girls. We get lots of nice eggs for our troubles, so it's not a one way street with them. Our cat is a laugh. Very sweet. About 6-7 years old, I'd say. She has to follow us everywhere, and is very nosey. I named her BB (sort of like a cross between baby, because she is so sweet, and B.B., because she is as fast as a little bullet when she runs. However, I may rename her Dora, after Dora the Explorer, of kids' cartoon fame. Her famous phrase is: ""WHACHA Doin'??".
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Wonderful! Love the cockerel story...yes, indeed, he did need a purpose in life A Cockerel, solo, (pun intended) is a thrundering nuisance. Well done on the solution!

Cats? My mother-in-law had a black one with the usual white flashes on paws and top of head. It used to go out at night and, after doing the usual prowl, end up under one of the poultry houses on a nearby chicken farm. There was warmth and hope there I suppose!

One night the hen house caught ire and the cat was gone. Mother-in-aw assumed she'd been killed in the fire. I told her that in no way would that cat have stayed there to burn. She'd have "high-tailed" it out of there, gone for miles and lost her bearings. "Give her time. She'll be back!"

Six weeks later m-in-l went to fetch the milk from the doorstep...and in rushed a very thin black cat! She never strayed again.

Your Welsh is good! Keep up! Ionce taught with a teacher of English who'd lived in a Welsh speaking town for 5 years as she had a job nearby. She used to complain that they would never say "Good morning" to her in the local shop. "How do you know that?" I asked....It took her a while to work that out.

View madelaine's Feedback (+5873)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

What a lovely story! We are at the beginning of our journey to find the right dog to rescue. Wish us luck!
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

All-About HerMajesty
    Forum Posts

Madelaine - I'm sure the most perfect friend is waiting to be discovered by you. Let us know when that happy day occurs!

Cam - "warmth and hope" cracked me up! You're right - the cat would have skidaddled.
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Quote Originally Posted by madelaine View Post
    What a lovely story! We are at the beginning of our journey to find the right dog to rescue. Wish us luck!
    Of course I wish you luck...and the dog, too!

I am not being sarcastic, I assure you. When you think you have chosen...have one or two more visits to be certain. If the dog recognises you and is pleased you are back...that is more than half your battle! All you will need after that is patience and love - and a routine the animal can learn easily.

Thread Information