My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Some of my overseas postage rates disappeared last May

Default Some of my overseas postage rates disappeared last May

Just a warning that if you haven't started postage editing yet (in the U.K ) then it might be wise to check on your overseas postage for listings that were running last year and reposted on the 6th May.

I've just sent this to support.

I've just been editing my postage rates and so far have come across four listings with no overseas postage. They were not over the 2kg weight limit so I couldn't understand why they were not offered overseas ?! The listing numbers are 154004469, 154004473, 154004429 & 154004441. Now I know I haven't taken off any international postage so I trawled back through the archives and found that all four items lost their international postage when I reposted them on the 6th May 2016. This means that I probably have another 30 or so listings out there with no overseas postage since last May.

I don't know if this has happened to other people or if it was just me but if it happened across the whole site on that day then a lot of overseas business could have been lost over the last year.

View madelaine's Feedback (+5873)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Some of my overseas postage rates disappeared last May

I recently had a message from a foreign buyer asking me to make an item available to him. At the time I was puzzled that I would have listed a Belgian item with no postage to Belgium! Now, I understand!
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

Quote Originally Posted by madelaine View Post
    I recently had a message from a foreign buyer asking me to make an item available to him. At the time I was puzzled that I would have listed a Belgian item with no postage to Belgium! Now, I understand!
    Support say they are investigating one of my items so I'm waiting to hear if they find anything. I've sent them the archive links before and after it happened. I had a look back in the site updates notifications thread and sure enough there was a big site update on that day so something obviously went wrong.

I hope they find out what went wrong so it doesn't happen again.

Stratford, Greater London, United Kingdom
    View billsstamps's Feedback (+31499)
    All-About billsstamps
    View billsstamps's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cornishmaid1961 View Post
    Just a warning that if you haven't started postage editing yet (in the U.K ) then it might be wise to check on your overseas postage for listings that were running last year and reposted on the 6th May.

I've just sent this to support.

I've just been editing my postage rates and so far have come across four listings with no overseas postage. They were not over the 2kg weight limit so I couldn't understand why they were not offered overseas ?! The listing numbers are 154004469, 154004473, 154004429 & 154004441. Now I know I haven't taken off any international postage so I trawled back through the archives and found that all four items lost their international postage when I reposted them on the 6th May 2016. This means that I probably have another 30 or so listings out there with no overseas postage since last May.

I don't know if this has happened to other people or if it was just me but if it happened across the whole site on that day then a lot of overseas business could have been lost over the last year.
    So far as I can see not affected me, 50% of my sales are Europe and US so I would have noticed. I can export live listings and then check anything without overseas postage on Excel, and the only different listings are US & CA missing from items which mention the countries which Paypal imagines are embargoed in US.
    Rev Dr Bill Hopkinson,
    Retired professor

BillsStamps

around 50000 stamps listed, based in London

That's good that you are not missing any Bill. As you repost stamps do you do it in bulk and do you repost every single day ? I expect eBid would want to know that if your listings are unaffected. I do my reposts separately using the timer to leave intervals.

All-About billsstamps
    Forum Posts

I repost as soon as I get unsold in I Ran.

When I originally list there is a timer in the spreadsheet, so 100 items are not IMMEDIATE, they are separated by 1 minute, but it is too much hassle to do that with relists.
    Rev Dr Bill Hopkinson,
    Retired professor

BillsStamps

Quote Originally Posted by billsstamps View Post
    I repost as soon as I get unsold in I Ran.

When I originally list there is a timer in the spreadsheet, so 100 items are not IMMEDIATE, they are separated by 1 minute, but it is too much hassle to do that with relists.
    So if you are using the spreadsheet to relist then it might not have affected you, unlike me who just relists direct from 'listings without sales' so that is interesting to know.

All-About billsstamps
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cornishmaid1961 View Post
    So if you are using the spreadsheet to relist then it might not have affected you, unlike me who just relists direct from 'listings without sales' so that is interesting to know.
    No the spreadsheet is used for initial listing and as a stock list to detect possible duplicates.
    I check a sales list against the spreadsheet to delete items now gone from the spreadsheet.

I do not use the spreadsheet for relisting because when items come up as closed without sales they are scattered through my spreadsheet. The spreadsheet is no help in relisting. I relist directly from listings without sales every day.
    Rev Dr Bill Hopkinson,
    Retired professor

BillsStamps

O.K. so that means it might just be me but because of Madelaine's reply I still suspect there might have been others affected. It will be interesting to see if anyone else comes across this in the postage edit.

Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View lofty100e's Feedback (+74)
    All-About lofty100e
    View lofty100e's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by billsstamps View Post
    No the spreadsheet is used for initial listing and as a stock list to detect possible duplicates.
    I check a sales list against the spreadsheet to delete items now gone from the spreadsheet.

I do not use the spreadsheet for relisting because when items come up as closed without sales they are scattered through my spreadsheet. The spreadsheet is no help in relisting. I relist directly from listings without sales every day.
    Hi Bill, I am curious as to why you let the listings terminate before you re-list them, surely this causes more work. My understanding is that when a listing has run it's course and is re-posted that a new reference number is generated, which means updating the spreadsheet.

To prevent this I keep a list with the listings in groups, and set a calendar reminder for 8 weeks (2 weeks before the listings terminate, then go through and top up the listings remaining total to 10. Therefore the items keep the same ref number throughout their life-span. I guess that it depends on how many listings you have, but it works for me.
    To view my listings: click here: www.loftys-stores.com

To join eBid click this link: http://uk.ebid.net/buddy/253503

Thread Information