Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Which delivery service?

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Which delivery service?

About three years ago I recall receiving a parcel with a delivery service that allowed you to track the delivery van online in almost real time on a map. I thought this was great as you could see how far away it was at any time so knew exactly when to be on the lookout for it.

I hadn't seen the service before and haven't experienced it since. Does anyone know which carrier it would have been?

View sherlock07's Feedback (+301)
    All-About sherlock07
    View sherlock07's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Which delivery service?

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    About three years ago I recall receiving a parcel with a delivery service that allowed you to track the delivery van online in almost real time on a map. I thought this was great as you could see how far away it was at any time so knew exactly when to be on the lookout for it.

I hadn't seen the service before and haven't experienced it since. Does anyone know which carrier it would have been?
    Was it City Sprint?

there is quite a few try searching "courier with real time tracking uk"
    Last edited by sherlock07; 22nd November 2016 at 09:25 AM.

Sherlock's Watches Store ~ Great Watches for the Family
    Sherlock's Bazaar
    ~ General Store

Forum Saint
    View Anniemcc2's Feedback (+3934)
    All-About Anniemcc2
    View Anniemcc2's Listings
    Forum Posts

All-About astral276
    Forum Posts

As I don't remember the courier then if more than one do real time map tracking I won't recognise it even I'd given. I have only experienced it once so thought it might be unique to one courier.

Expecting a delivery via Yodel today. According to their site tracking the item is due to arrive today but is currently both still in their Manchester sorting hub and still not received from the sender.

The service by carriers is the worst thing about online shopping. It's about time they moved into the 21st century.

As I don't remember the courier then if more than one do real time map tracking I won't recognise it even I'd given. I have only experienced it once so thought it might be unique to one courier.

Expecting a delivery via Yodel today. According to their site tracking the item is due to arrive today but is currently both still in their Manchester sorting hub and still not received from the sender.

The service by carriers is the worst thing about online shopping. It's about time they moved into the 21st century.

If it's Yodel don't hold your breath. If it gets delivered at all it will be to a house a couple of streets away - just saying from previous experience with them !

All-About astral276
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cornishmaid1961 View Post

If it's Yodel don't hold your breath. I
    Trouble is a lot of people use them because of their lower charges (you get what you pay for?). It would help if sellers stated the carrier to be used and gave the option to use a better one if you covered the extra cost.

Admittedly, I haven't had an issue with Yodel deliveries to date. They still have time to deliver today, I suppose, as they deliver until 21:00. Just means another wasted day (though I've got a lot of washing done) awaiting a delivery - as with most carriers.

Trouble is a lot of people use them because of their lower charges (you get what you pay for?). It would help if sellers stated the carrier to be used and gave the option to use a better one if you covered the extra cost.

Admittedly, I haven't had an issue with Yodel deliveries to date. They still have time to deliver today, I suppose, as they deliver until 21:00. Just means another wasted day (though I've got a lot of washing done) awaiting a delivery - as with most carriers.
    Of the last three deliverys I've had from them - one item was sitting in their Bristol depot for 14 days over a Christmas period just because they didn't have enough delivery people. Another item was left at a house half way down our hill without any notification (and it was an expensive item!) luckily the person was honest and took the trouble to walk all the way up the hill to bring me the package. The third item didn't arrive at all and the seller had to send me a replacement !

MyHermes and the River deliveries always seem to find me O.K. so I don't know why Yodel can't ?!

Thread Information