Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Contact a buyer during live auction

View 20sent06's Feedback (+11854)
    All-About 20sent06
    View 20sent06's Listings
    Forum Posts

Question Contact a buyer during live auction

Appears that as a seller, I cannot contact a buyer until an auction closes... or is there a way?

Forum Master
    View tony41's Feedback (+10027)
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Contact a buyer during live auction

Quote Originally Posted by 20sent06 View Post
    Appears that as a seller, I cannot contact a buyer until an auction closes... or is there a way?
    If there is, I haven't found one. I have suggested this to support on a couple of occasions but things haven't changed. Perhaps you can try contacting support and see if you can do better than me.

Must admit this is a good idea. I am currently bidding on an item and the only bidder. Just checked the listing and seller has posted on the listing that the item has been lost or stolen. So what happens now? Have contacted support but never had this before. Bit disappointed but not sure if I will be allowed to leave feedback.

All-About 20sent06
    View 20sent06's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by waynemanor1953 View Post
    Must admit this is a good idea. I am currently bidding on an item and the only bidder. Just checked the listing and seller has posted on the listing that the item has been lost or stolen. So what happens now? Have contacted support but never had this before. Bit disappointed but not sure if I will be allowed to leave feedback.
    The option to contact you doesn't exist at the moment... hence the update on the listing. I believe the seller should close the listing in that case. As a buyer you do have the ability to ask a question.

All-About 20sent06
    View 20sent06's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tony41 View Post
    If there is, I haven't found one. I have suggested this to support on a couple of occasions but things haven't changed. Perhaps you can try contacting support and see if you can do better than me.
    Many thanks - I contacted support and they confirmed that it is not possible to contact the bidder until closure... and no news of a change in the future either. They did offer to pass on a message on my behalf however.

Quote Originally Posted by waynemanor1953 View Post
    Support have removed the listing. Received a message from them and they are looking into it further.

Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    View bluebedouin's Feedback (+107)
    All-About bluebedouin
    View bluebedouin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 20sent06 View Post
    Probably a moot point now but you could always try the forum.IF they've signed up & IF they have their messages set to be notified of PM's you MIGHT get a response.A bit of a search through Google might also throw something up.A lot of people use the same id/username on various sites & some detective work could find a contact for them.I used this method a number of times with success.

In a similar vein,buyers could only contact sellers through the Ask Question route.This was then published for all to see.Also,unless you kept the original email notification,you couldn't 'have a conversation'.
    What I used to do was have a link in my All About & also in each listing to my pm address.That way if a buyer needed to contact me,without having their question published on the listing,they could.
    If you want to do this,your pm address is http://www.ebid.net/forums/private.p...ewpm&u=1255539

Thread Information