Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Sizing clarification

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Sizing clarification

I just listed another Per Una cardigan, using the list similar feature.

The attibution (I think that's what it was called), had the size options along the followig lines: 6,8,10,12,14,16,18,20,22....and NONE OF THE ABOVE.

Well, the first cardigan is size L, and this new listing is XL. I put NONE of THE ABOVE.....thinking the title and listing info would be clear. The system MADE me select a number size.

SO - TWO ISSUES.

WHY have the OPTION of NONE OF THE ABOVE if it won't work (I've heard this song before...............)
    OR
    WHY NOT also have the options of S, M, L, XL, XXL.....etc, so we can list correctly without guessing??

Thanks
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

Default Re: Sizing clarification

When ever I have listed an item of clothing that does not give the option of clicking on the size as it is listed on the label, I click on "none of the above" and an empty box appears for me to type in the actual size as stated on the label. This is when I use the individual listing form - I don't remember listing clothing on the Ninja Lister, so I can't comment on that format and that may be what you are using?

Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View lofty100e's Feedback (+74)
    All-About lofty100e
    View lofty100e's Listings
    Forum Posts

In my experience the sizes S M L XL etc are totally meaningless. I have a polo shirt that is marked M and took it along to Debenhams to use as a guide but found that in their size scheme I am XL.

I find the same with shoes, I am actually a 5 and a half. I know this because pre-internet I went into a shop and asked for a shoe in size 6, the assistant asked if I would mind if she measured me as she was sure that 6 would be too large. Size 6 in any manufacturer used to fit me, however over recent year I have even tried size 8 which do not fit. I find the only manufacturer that supplies consistently is Nike in size 7.

So if possible it might be a good idea to get the tape measure out and add the "real" sizes to your listings.
    To view my listings: click here: www.loftys-stores.com

To join eBid click this link: http://uk.ebid.net/buddy/253503

Quote Originally Posted by lofty100e View Post
    In my experience the sizes S M L XL etc are totally meaningless. I have a polo shirt that is marked M and took it along to Debenhams to use as a guide but found that in their size scheme I am XL.

I find the same with shoes, I am actually a 5 and a half. I know this because pre-internet I went into a shop and asked for a shoe in size 6, the assistant asked if I would mind if she measured me as she was sure that 6 would be too large. Size 6 in any manufacturer used to fit me, however over recent year I have even tried size 8 which do not fit. I find the only manufacturer that supplies consistently is Nike in size 7.

So if possible it might be a good idea to get the tape measure out and add the "real" sizes to your listings.
    Vintage Clothing is one of my passions and it is true that sizes have changed through the years to appeal, in particular, to women's "vanity" as the population seems to grow larger. With the exception of having 2 children and some illness/medications that have made me gain some weight, I have remained the same size as I was when I was 12 years old, yet I've gone from a Junior's size 9 down to Junior's size 1 and I guarantee I have not shrunk! LOL!!!

So, in the US at least, they have changed Size measurements about once every 10 years. I have seen the same trend in vintage sewing patterns too. Some depends on where the clothing was made. I saw a cute little top at a "chain boutique style shop" that said Medium on the tag and didn't stop to try it on. Got home and couldn't even get into it - took the measurements and it came out to be an X-Small. Tag read Made in China! Maybe it would be a Medium over there but not in the US! SMH!!

Thread Information