eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Is it possible to appeal a negative feedback

Forum Newbie
    View FPMandC's Feedback (+1334)
    All-About FPMandC
    View FPMandC's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Is it possible to appeal a negative feedback

There is a user here who keeps posting auctions for items which are not available. It has happened to me three times with him. Finally, on the third time I got tired of it and gave negative feedback so as to warn others. Six weeks later he has logged on and given me my first negative feedback received on this site (and only the second one ever anywhere, the other being for the same reason). This seems very unjustified to me. Is it possible to appeal this feedback?
    Last edited by FPMandC; 18th May 2016 at 11:42 PM.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Is it possible to appeal a negative feedback

You can contact eBid support and furnish them with the details. If they agree the feedback is unwarranted they will remove it.

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FPMandC View Post
    There is a user here who keeps posting auctions for items which are not available. It has happened to me three times with him. Finally, on the third time I got tired of it and gave negative feedback so as to warn others. Six weeks later he has logged on and given me my first negative feedback received on this site (and only the second one ever anywhere, the other being for the same reason). This seems very unjustified to me. Is it possible to appeal this feedback?
    I saw the seller's response to 1 of your negs that they had sold the item on the 'other' site. It is the seller's fault for advertising the same item(s) at 2 different locations and not deleting the listing(s) here on eBid. IMHO you were quite within your rights to give negative feedback especially after 3 attempts to purchase items from this seller and only to be told it was not available. You did not deserve any negs from this seller. I am sure support will delete the negs but be prepared for them to delete the negs from the seller also (sometimes they do that).

I totally agree this is the seller's fault. If an item sells elsewhere they should take the listing down here straight away. It's this kind of practice that gives eBid a bad reputation and in my opinion you were justified in leaving negatives as it has happened several times. Contact support@ebid.net they will review it for you.

Forum Newbie
    View FPMandC's Feedback (+1334)
    All-About FPMandC
    View FPMandC's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thanks to all who replied. I have sent a request to support to have the feedback removed.

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

That was quick, looks like your neg FB has been removed and left the negs to the seller
    Last edited by jeweleffects; 19th May 2016 at 09:14 PM.

One of the good things about eBid. There are actual human beings at support who think and communicate with the buyers and sellers on this website. Glad that your situation was resolved, because you certainly did not deserve a neg from the seller.

Thread Information