Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Time to clean out the inventories -- please!

Forum Newbie
    View buyafricacoins's Feedback (+415)
    All-About buyafricacoins
    View buyafricacoins's Listings
    Forum Posts

Unhappy Time to clean out the inventories -- please!

If you really want to chase buyers away... let sellers list the same over-priced inventory for several years in a row. I sell in the coins category... there are listings from pre-2010 that are still running under the many versions of "forever" listed.

PLEASE put a time limit on listings and end ALL the listings that started pre-2015.

Laziness does not sell!

Some of these sellers haven't even logged in during the past 2 weeks! 2 weeks is a long time to ignore your inventory.

New listings drive sales. Buyers can see that eBid doesn't have many buyers... and it's basic human nature... they ask "what's trending?" and eBid responds "nothing on our site so go elsewhere!"

eBid has to be on the brink of financial ruin because there are few sales to generate revenues. This is obvious and I have a college degree in economics.

End ALL the old listings and make the sellers create new ones (put a 'can not be relisted' stop on those old listings).

If it's not worth the time and effort to relist these old listings from scratch... then ending them was the best thing to do to INCREASE eBid sales.

Thank you for listening to me. There is no charge for my advice, but I could certainly sell my advice to you at the market rate.

I predict that a few of the lazy sellers will respond and hate this idea. Laziness. That's what's behind the lack of new listings.
    Last edited by buyafricacoins; 17th May 2016 at 10:33 PM.

View bunsock's Feedback (+14461)
    All-About bunsock
    View bunsock's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Time to clean out the inventories -- please!

I fully agree that there is too much over priced stuff that just seems to hang around for years. I can't see why people want to have it hanging around there necks for ever, maybe they have more cupboard space that I have got.

However, there is the reverse of this for things such as photos, postcards etc. Many of this sort of item has a limited market and will sell over time. However, it will only sell if the price is sensible, and by sensible I mean cheap.

Yes, lets go and have a clear out, which reminds me I have some phone cards listed over a year ago which must now go to the charity shop!

Forum Newbie
    Droitwich, Worcestershire, United Kingdom
    View 47401project's Feedback (+2574)
    All-About 47401project
    View 47401project's Listings
    Forum Posts

Don't really agree, one of the attractions of eBid to sellers of average to slow moving collectible items is that you can list an unlimited amount for an unlimited time. This is why many people came here when eBay started to restrict numbers of free listings and re-listings.

Of course things should not be over priced, sellers should know their market. But often things sit here for ages and when you copy them over to the other place they sell, so clearly nothing wrong with the items or the prices per se.

What should be looked at if anything is not length of time a particular item has been listed, but average turnover of stock of a seller... if they are earning commission from a seller it doesn't matter which particular item has sold or not sold. If a seller has sold nothing for 5 years that's a different problem than if just some of his items have sat there a long time.

What would I do if I can no longer list an item here? Either start it again as a new listing with the same details with much cussing and moaning at how they were wasting my valuable time with restrictive practices. Or more likely list it somewhere else instead.

I can list things to run until sold on eBay, surely we want to be able to do the same things here, otherwise eBid is at a disadvantage.

View rokins_toys's Feedback (+770)
    All-About rokins_toys
    View rokins_toys's Listings
    Forum Posts

I have a system on how I list things, all new stock is listed pretty much for 7 days using 10 auto reports and I'll pretty much keep it like that for the best part of 2 years on such "new" stuff as even a couple of years after release there is still a lot of interest in some items from a line. I'll also set some stuff for 30 day cycles with 5 auto reposts the older stock items become, still brand new, they just become very slow selling after a while as interest in selected items that are left dwindles. I also like to use run until sold for stuff that is much older as I do not want to be wasting my limited time on such older stock, stuff I have had in stock for 7 or so years that will only sell once in a blue moon if that as interest in a certain item fades to zero, especially in some areas of collectibles.

There is a seller (on here for 4 years) selling Star Wars stuff and I think it is bad how empty the item description is on all their listings and no photo's at all on anything (not sure if I am allowed to mention usernames or not) but search Chewbacca and on page 2 you'll find a whole bunch of their listings, all run until sold too (newly listed), but I do think eBid needs to do something about such sellers who are not disclosing any realistic and reasonable information in item descriptions that most sellers, private or business would include, and just not including photo's either because it does look bad on the site/eBid and does not give a very good impression especially if for example someone does do a search for a Chewbacca item and then they see a bunch of listings like this.

Pricing is down to the individual seller at the end of the day. Some will always overprice items but I do find it laughable how some sellers will put some silly price on something and yet you can find loads of listings for the same thing across different sites for cheaper but I guess some see eBid as a way of making more money out of the cheaper fees but then they struggle to sell on here because they're pricing too high while the same thing can be bought elsewhere for cheaper. Some people are just blinded by £££££££'s...
    Last edited by rokins_toys; 18th July 2016 at 07:48 PM.
    “Doing business without proper advertising is like winking at a girl in the dark. You know what you are doing but nobody else does and the girl doesn't even know you're winking at her either."

Thread Information