eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: "Paypal have placed a temporary pending status on this transaction"

Forum Saint
    View Anniemcc2's Feedback (+3934)
    All-About Anniemcc2
    View Anniemcc2's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: "Paypal have placed a temporary pending status on this transaction"

Had a snotty email from Paypal this morning -

"..............To ensure that activity and transactions comply with current regulations,
    PayPal is requesting that you remove the following countries from your
    checkout:

• Sudan

Please email
    ofacappeal@paypal.com when this is complete.

Thank you for your prompt attention to this. We regret any inconvenience
    caused."

They also reversed my buyer's payment [he's now using BACs instead]

It's quite obvious that this is software driven rather than someone actually looking at the details.

You live and learn ..................

Forum Saint
    All-About Anniemcc2
    Forum Posts

And now Paypal are playing silly b's with my account ..................... grrrrrrrrr

Quote Originally Posted by Anniemcc2 View Post
    And now Paypal are playing silly b's with my account ..................... grrrrrrrrr
    I would phone them Ann to explain what has happened as it's obviously software causing all the problems and no human has bothered to look at your transaction.

Forum Saint
    All-About Anniemcc2
    Forum Posts

May do that tomorrow, Becky.

For reference, just found this info on http://ukcontactnumber.uk/paypal/

'Contact PayPal’s global customer service team on this dedicated UK phone number 0843 504 7180 or freephone 0800 358 7911 (free to call from UK landlines and mobiles) for priority customer service advice and assistance between 8am-10pm Monday-Friday, 8am-9pm on Saturdays, and 9am-6:30pm on Sundays.'

Forum Saint
    All-About Anniemcc2
    Forum Posts

10 days later & Paypal still haven't acknowledged/resolved this issue

Forum Master
    View tony41's Feedback (+10028)
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anniemcc2 View Post
    10 days later & Paypal still haven't acknowledged/resolved this issue
    I presume that you have grovelled to Paypal, removed the Sudanese item and promised to be a good girl and not use Paypal to sell naughty items.

Forum Saint
    All-About Anniemcc2
    Forum Posts

The item concerned has been paid for by other means, dispatched, received here in the UK + feedback left !

I sent Paypal a link to the closed listing + a scan of the bracelets with an explanation of how |i bought the items originally 35+ years ago when living in Khartoum; I even phoned them and was assured that they had all the necessary information and it was now up to their security people !

Forum Saint
    All-About Anniemcc2
    Forum Posts

Still no joy from Paypal and I am NOT sending them copies of bank statements, etc. as I don't have any as we don't receive them anymore. And my OH said 'No way' when I told him. So sent a scan of my driving licence instead!

I'm not wasting more time ringing them or sending emails as gmail won't send them.

Forum Lurker
    View wilber11's Feedback (+657)
    All-About wilber11
    View wilber11's Listings
    Forum Posts

after having similar events to my PP acc' they have now closed said acc' permanent. sales are now near zero because of them, im shocked. and the same will happen to most if not all those that are already in suspend mode. i have hadto change all my business and banking details to NOT accept PP anymore, took a long while but got through it, have monies in that acc' too and it wont be released or ever paid back, which i think is a blatant (legal) SCAM conducted by PP, i will NEVER deal with this behemoth again, am now doing a great replacement platform called 'worldremit' and i dont know how it can be included here but it should be another option?
    good luck to all those in a similar situation.
    Oh and also there Is no-one to talk to at PP only customer service and they say they dont discuss "technical matters' only the tech department will deal with these complaints only through emails, which incidentaly take days to reply to or not at all, go figure!

Thread Information