Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Feedback Confusion

View mrskyp's Feedback (+409)
    All-About mrskyp
    View mrskyp's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Feedback Confusion

I have just sold an item and wish to leave the buyer feedback. When I hit the pulldown and select Feedback, I get a page showing the following:

Add Feedback where you Were the Buyer.................................[Button labelled Where you were the Seller]

followed by another line:

Add Feedback where you were the Seller................................[Button labelled Where you were the Buyer]

Please look at that and tell me it isn't totally confusing!! I want to leave feedback as the Seller, so do I hit the [Where you were the Seller Button] and ignore the text on the same line to the left of it.....or what???

Default Re: Feedback Confusion

From where are you attempting to leave feedback? In my case, I go to "My eBid"/"Sell-I've Sold" on the menu at the top of the eBid screens. I use the option to leave feedback in the "Please choose" menu immediately to the right of each item (or click on the sold item's title and leave feedback from the "After Sale Log" menu there). It knows that you are the seller, and you click the positive or negative button and can enter a comment in the small text box.

All-About mrskyp
    View mrskyp's Listings
    Forum Posts

r2d, thanks for responding. Every way I get to the leave feedback screen, sure, I get the neg-pos-neutral options and comment box. But Above that are the two lines causing me confusion. If it knows I'm the seller, why are two buttons for seller and buyer, and why the conflicting text immediately to the left of each button?

Am I being dense here?

I wish there was a way to insert a screenshot to show what I get, as I say, every which way I bring up the feedback option. I just want to make sure I'm hitting the right button.

Does anyone else find this is confusing???

Forum Lurker
    West Hampstead, Greater London, United Kingdom
    View kodakfish's Feedback (+2289)
    All-About kodakfish
    View kodakfish's Listings
    Forum Posts

I think it's for when you have 100's of feedbacks to leave for buying & selling:
    Add Feedback where you Were the Buyer.................................[Button labelled Where you were the Seller], if you click on the blue button it will auto scroll you to where sellers feedback starts and vice versa. BUT ALL IT DOES IS SCROLL it doesn't change order or anything else
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by kodakfish; 7th February 2019 at 03:54 AM.

Forum Lurker
    West Hampstead, Greater London, United Kingdom
    View kodakfish's Feedback (+2289)
    All-About kodakfish
    View kodakfish's Listings
    Forum Posts

to insert screenshots in forum click on go advanced below text box, then click on manage attachments to upload ss - it's a pain but works

All-About mrskyp
    View mrskyp's Listings
    Forum Posts

Kodak, many thanks for the advice, and how to insert a screenshot. Always useful.

I take it eBid "knows" if you're the seller of an item if you click on it to leave feedback. This whole page needs a revamp in my opinion. The way it's laid out is counter-intuitive if you're only dealing with one item.

Quote Originally Posted by mrskyp View Post
    Kodak, many thanks for the advice, and how to insert a screenshot. Always useful.

I take it eBid "knows" if you're the seller of an item if you click on it to leave feedback. This whole page needs a revamp in my opinion. The way it's laid out is counter-intuitive if you're only dealing with one item.
    The place to put that is Website Glitches, I think it's more likely to be noticed there.
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

Thread Information