eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Combined Shipping

Forum Newbie
    View Ohmana's Feedback (+122)
    All-About Ohmana
    View Ohmana's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Combined Shipping

Hello everyone I am new here and just setting up shop. I would like to know how to combine multiple items on an invoice with one shipping cost. I.E 10 cards listed differently without 10 shipping charges.
    Thanks for your help.

All-About cvarr
    View cvarr's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Combined Shipping

Welcome!!! Im new here too. I dont know the answer to your question but I sure am interested in the topic. I will be awaiting an answer right along with you. This might help:

http://www.ebid.net/uk/htv_selling.php

One a few rows down says

"How to edit your shipping options for single and multi purchases"

Connie

Quote Originally Posted by eBidniz View Post
    Hello everyone I am new here and just setting up shop. I would like to know how to combine multiple items on an invoice with one shipping cost. I.E 10 cards listed differently without 10 shipping charges.
    Thanks for your help.
    Welcome to eBid!

There are 2 options to combine shipping, but before we get to that ...
    Go to "My Defaults" >> My General Defaults and click Yes to Enable Multi-item Checkout

Now to combine shipping costs:
    1. If all the items are the same, you can set up a default under "My Shipping Defaults"
    2. If the items have different weights and you want to combine the shipping, the easiest is do a discount on the invoice you send the buyer.

Hope this helps. Come on back if you have any more questions.

Forum Newbie
    View Ohmana's Feedback (+122)
    All-About Ohmana
    View Ohmana's Listings
    Forum Posts

Unfortunately this didn't help. I will wait for the first sale and see what the checkout looks like.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eBidniz View Post
    Unfortunately this didn't help. I will wait for the first sale and see what the checkout looks like.
    Thanks
    Setting up a shipping default doesn't help?

View rokins_toys's Feedback (+770)
    All-About rokins_toys
    View rokins_toys's Listings
    Forum Posts

I think this may have helped me out as I was looking to create automatic combined shipping on invoices as from time to time I get new buyers buying multiple items but not waiting to be invoiced or requesting an invoice and paying for stuff individually so I have to refund the extra they have paid in shipping!

So I am in the process of setting up shipping defaults now so hopefully now when someone from the UK buys multiple items they'll only be charged the standard £2.99 shipping cost for up to 1,000g while I am adding .85p per item for international shipping.

I guess I'll just have to wait and see to see if I have set it up correctly!

Oh, and I did enable multi-item checkout before doing so as well in my defaults. Get's a bit confusing because for some items I have a set price of £2.99 for carded/boxed items and for loose action figures I need to set up something else as it is £1.00 shipping as a large letter rather than parcel until you get into 3 or more loose figures being purchased which takes me into the parcel sizes and then you'll have people buying a combination of boxed and loose items, oh geez, how to set all that up into one pre-combined shipping cost hehe
    Last edited by rokins_toys; 8th July 2016 at 05:42 AM.
    “Doing business without proper advertising is like winking at a girl in the dark. You know what you are doing but nobody else does and the girl doesn't even know you're winking at her either."

Thread Information