eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: skrill payment option

Default skrill payment option

Hello,

I'm trying to find out if anyone is using SKRILL to receive revenues from sales. I am now using PayPal, but many customers of mine do not like it. Can anyone tell me if skrill is a good and reliable option? Does it work like any 3rd party option or does it work only when you want to pay for something you bought?
    Thanks for your help!
    Betty

PS in checking over Fine jewelry items, I cannot find too many people using Skrill as payment options. Do you know if there is any reasons for that?
    Last edited by ArtObjects; 8th October 2015 at 01:11 PM.

Default Re: skrill payment option

I offer Skrill and have bought and sold with it with no problem. The fees are cheaper than Paypal so that is something in it's favour. It seems very popular with Europeans over on the Belgium site but it has only been intergrated for a couple of years here on eBid so is not so popular yet.

One disadvantage I suppose is that it doesn't offer the same safeguards as Paypal for the buyer, I don't think there are any dispute systems in place as far as I know if anything goes wrong, so I'm always careful only to use it with a trusted seller. It's a good alternative to run alongside Paypal though.

Thank you so much for your prompt reply. I was totally lost on that one.
    I will now add it to my listing as an alternative to PayPal.
    Thanks!

My pleasure. I think it's always good to give your customers a choice. Google payments always used to be quite popular here but of course that isn't operating any more so maybe if enough people start offering Skrill as well as Paypal then it will start to pick up on eBid. Lower payment fees are always welcome !

Hi Cornishmaid,

My I impose again on your kindness?
    I notice that my store does not have the icone of "address verified" I think it's important, but I'm not sure how to get this. Do you know?
    Thanks
    Betty

Hi Betty, To be honest it's so long ago (2005 !!!) that I got it that I can't remember what I did at the time ! If nobody else can tell you on the forums then drop a line to support@ebid.net and ask them.

Forum Saint
    View Anniemcc2's Feedback (+3934)
    All-About Anniemcc2
    View Anniemcc2's Listings
    Forum Posts

Think it's to do with having a credit card on file to pay your monthly eBid account.

Thornton Cleveleys, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View cheaver's Feedback (+1050)
    All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

As far as I can remember it's a question of the eBid address and the Paypal address being perfectly matched for what should be an automatic process.
    In my case it didn't work - both my addresses matched but the verification icon didn't appear - so I wrote to Support and they fixed it for me.

Forum Newbie
    View Wolfzartz's Feedback (+13)
    All-About Wolfzartz
    View Wolfzartz's Listings
    Forum Posts

Stripe is another option. https://stripe.com/contact

I know this is an old thread, but please be aware that Skrill's fee structure has recently changed.

Link to their fees (pay particular attention to the bottom paragraph): https://content.skrill.com/fileadmin...e_Schedule.pdf

I suspect that for most sellers here, it is not worth maintaining a Skrill account with those charges.

Thread Information