eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ebid Should Let You Know How Many People Have Your Item On Their Watch List.

View madelaine's Feedback (+5872)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Ebid Should Let You Know How Many People Have Your Item On Their Watch List.

I agree with Elench - a sales counter would be more use to the site as a whole.
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

Kirton In Lindsey, Lincolnshire, United Kingdom
    View yellerbelly's Feedback (+97)
    All-About yellerbelly
    View yellerbelly's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Ebid Should Let You Know How Many People Have Your Item On Their Watch List.

In my opinion, if there is spare time and money, it would be far, far more worthwhile to add a Transaction Counter to show that sellers with little or no FB have succesfully completed sales. It would also help to counter ebids detractors who continue say that "Nothing ever sells here" and get away with doing so because of low numbers of buyers leaving FB.[/QUOTE]

I agree totally with Elench not many buyers leave feedback but like other things we will just have to go on living in hope!!!

Quote Originally Posted by yellerbelly View Post
    In my opinion, if there is spare time and money, it would be far, far more worthwhile to add a Transaction Counter to show that sellers with little or no FB have succesfully completed sales. It would also help to counter ebids detractors who continue say that "Nothing ever sells here" and get away with doing so because of low numbers of buyers leaving FB.
    I agree totally with Elench not many buyers leave feedback but like other things we will just have to go on living in hope!!![/QUOTE]

A few more things could use some work before a Watch count etc are added, Front page comments are from 2009 and before, Seller lifetime offer needs to be extended to at least 1 week not 24 hours which give no one a real feel of the site, Import still isn't working for some and some form of advertising is a must IMO although it may be to late now and more payments options really are important. Feedback has never been good on any site, eBay gets maybe 30-40% fb from buyers if your lucky. I am seeing sales more often although few in numbers it does seem like the site is seeing more action

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

BorderBargains said it: "Seller lifetime offer needs to be extended to at least 1 week not 24 hours which give no one a real feel of the site".
    That, to me, is more important than anything else, and, my wish would be to eliminate feedback altogether, such a waste of time as most of my buyers don't bother leaving FB.

An approach adopted by some other marketplaces (HipStamp for instance) has been to automatically place positive feedback if a buyer hasn't left seller feedback within 48 days or so.
    My store is Chanticleer Philatelic https://www.ebid.net/au/stores/Chanticleer-Philatelic

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CPhilatelic

Good point, Vinted do this

Maybe a little auto system that sends the buyer a message asking them to leave feedback then lets them know a generated feedback will happen, If the buyer has no issues they will let the auto system leave feedback. There's more important things right now though, lets make this the go to site one day!!!

View 20sent06's Feedback (+11873)
    All-About 20sent06
    View 20sent06's Listings
    Forum Posts

Agree that it would be luxury at the expense of other 'much needed' improvements ... I am not bothered necessarily to know if someone is watching any of my listings.

As a seller, naturally, I am more interested in sales and transactions that occur.

Quote Originally Posted by OlympusCoinz View Post
    Ebid Should Let You Know How Many People Have Your Item On their Watch List. Ebay has this feature. I think it would be helpful to have it on ebid. That way you have an idea if your item is going to sell even before you get bids.
    I fully agree with the Watch List. I find it indispensable in gauging my probabilities of success. If I have many watches I know it will likely sell and more than likely an auction war may occur. If no watches are there, I take it as a message that my price is too high or something else is wrong with my listing.

Thread Information