eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Coins do not belong in Banknote listings.

View madelaine's Feedback (+5856)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Coins do not belong in Banknote listings.

I'm particularly charmed by the fact that it was reported within minutes of my posting that I agreed there was a problem. We all make mistakes and I've been punished rather severely. It feels VERY unfriendly on the part of the reporter.
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Perhaps the reporter is not seeking friendship nor collegiality. Perhaps the reporter is seeking brownie points as the wise and indignant seller, who never has made a mistake. I agree that the tone of eBid's letter could be less threatening; however, I was more concerned about the intent of the reporter.

I was somewhat aggravated by the tone of the letter, but I did not feel punished. Saw it as eBid's buttons being pushed by a reporter whose motives could be less than noble. Amounts to little more than manipulation, and eBid's time is worth more than that. I wonder if the reporter would gain a sense of achievement if the imperfect sellers were removed from eBid for "such a serious infraction."

Forum Master
    View tony41's Feedback (+10027)
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ropegg View Post
    I don't know how hard it might be to make the adjustments needed so that the email being sent for the notification could contain something like this.

It has been brought to our attention that listing (listing info inserted) has violated eBid rules as it is placed in the wrong category. If the listing has not been moved to the correct category in (XX) days it will be automatically removed.

I would like the opportunity to make the correction before my listing was removed and this would take care of the fact that some people just report instead of contacting the seller and it would also make eBid seem more friendly. Seems like a win for everyone to me.
    I wish that eBid would use something like the wording in blue.
    I have contacted sellers in the past about items listed in the wrong category and often get a thank you. However, sometimes I get no response and the items are not moved and, on a couple of occasions, I have had a brusque reply. If eBid used this wording I could report listings with a clear conscience.
    As I have already said, items in incorrect categories are annoying to buyers. They can also create a bad impression on potential buyers who can look at a category and think that there are only a few items in that category when, in fact, there are more items on eBid but not in the right place.

Question Re: Coins do not belong in Banknote listings.

Quote Originally Posted by FBNeNotes View Post
    As of right now there are 220 Coin offerings by about 12 Different sellers... all listed in Banknotes
    WHY DOESN'T COINS DISCUSSION BELONG IN A CATEGORY NAMED "COINS & banknotes"? THE LOGICAL OBSERVATION SHOULD BE THAT IF COINS ARE THE PRIMARY SUBJECT (i.e. COINS, and banknotes), BANKNOTES BEING THE SECONDARY SUBJECT, MAY BE MISPLACED! I PERSONALLY ASSUMED THAT COINS WOULD BE THE SUBJECT OF THIS THREAD. IT APPEARS THE SAME LOGICAL PROCESS THAT REQUIRES A SITE PARTICIPANT WHO HAS PAID THE ADVANCED SELLER PREMIUM NEEDS TO SIGN-IN A 2ND TIME TO VIEW FORUMS CONTENT, AND POSTS ARE VIRTUALLY NON-EXISTENT.

Thread Information