Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Putting Postage Costs in our Listings

Default Putting Postage Costs in our Listings

I notice that we need to include Dollar figures for Postage on items listed for sale. This is usually different for within Australia and overseas.

My concern is this....once I have many hundreds of items online and Australia Post increases its rates (which they do regularly), I am left with a huge task to edit each listing to correct the postage.

Other sites ( eg Quicksales) have automated this such that you can include the item weight (and/or size (if applicable)) They also give fixed postage options. In this way, postage increases are automatically compensated for in the listing, as, I assume they have a database that uses Australia Post information to calculate the postage.

it would be great to see something similar here

Gary (Newbie to Ebid but not to online auctions (Power seller on Ebay))

View youmeus's Feedback (+203)
    All-About youmeus
    View youmeus's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Putting Postage Costs in our Listings

Gary, welcome to eBid and good luck.

If the listing is the same in all countries then there is a postage calculator. You enter the weight and check which countries and it will put the postage costs in the currency of each country. When I look at your item it will be in USA currency and it will translate for each country.

Quote Originally Posted by youmeus View Post
    Gary, welcome to eBid and good luck.

If the listing is the same in all countries then there is a postage calculator. You enter the weight and check which countries and it will put the postage costs in the currency of each country. When I look at your item it will be in USA currency and it will translate for each country.
    Maybe I am missing something here? I understand that the Postage calculator allows to me to work out the correct postage fee. However, my concern is how to handle a postage increase. I have the feeling that, if Australia Post increased its rates tomrrow, then all of my listing s would be showing an incorrect postage and the only way to fix that is by manually editing each item. Is this correct and if so is there some way to automate postal rises as happens on other sites?

If you allow the system to calculate postage, rather than putting in a flat fee, postal increases will automatically be reflected in your listings.

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

So far as I know, eBid's shipping calculator does update every time postal fees increase. If in doubt, contact support@ebid.net and ask them.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Not something I have played with but...

You can set up Shipping Codes at My eBid > My Defaults.

This should allow you to create your listings using a shipping code as a reference. If prices change subsequently you can edit that code in My Defaults and all listings that reference that code will update.

Quote Originally Posted by hurryb4itsgone View Post
    If you allow the system to calculate postage, rather than putting in a flat fee, postal increases will automatically be reflected in your listings.
    Thanks for your response. My problem is I cannot find any option in the listing section that allows the system to calculate postage?

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    Not something I have played with but...

You can set up Shipping Codes at My eBid > My Defaults.

This should allow you to create your listings using a shipping code as a reference. If prices change subsequently you can edit that code in My Defaults and all listings that reference that code will update.
    Thanks for the response but I still cannot see anything in this section that allows me to input weights into the postage calculation......it just asks for a dollar figure and the mode of sending. I must be missing something obvious?

Forum Saint
    View Oldandintheway's Feedback (+385)
    All-About Oldandintheway
    View Oldandintheway's Listings
    Forum Posts

G'day & welcome to eBid.

There may be a way of doing this using "Ninja Lister" bulk listing program which uses spread sheets. But as I don't use it, I can't help you there.

You can do a range of bulk edits, including shipping rates, (for active listings) at "My Options > My Bulk Edit"

Or you can set up shipping defaults for listings with the same rates at "My Options > My Defaults > My Shipping Defaults"

During the listing process, in Section Two (blue section) the Shipping Calculator link, takes you to the Oz Post web site - to figure out your shipping costs.

Apart from those, I think the only other way is manual one x one.?

Hope this helps, if not, you can try the Help tab at the top of Home Page.

Cheers, Allen.

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by garyterence01 View Post
    Thanks for the response but I still cannot see anything in this section that allows me to input weights into the postage calculation......it just asks for a dollar figure and the mode of sending. I must be missing something obvious?
    When you are creating a listing - Blue strip section 2 - Do you have the Calculated - Varies By Buyer Location available?

Thread Information