eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: robinsonstoyshop,sells vintage toys,and very nice sports autographs,new to ebid.....

Forum Saint
    View moonwitch's Feedback (+1616)
    All-About moonwitch
    View moonwitch's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: robinsonstoyshop,sells vintage toys,and very nice sports autographs,new to ebid..

Quote Originally Posted by deanosaur1972 View Post
    All this venom...............?? Must be a reason...

You know its funny but I have just seen something a little strange.......

Why did you leave the other side? I would bet a whole shilling that I might know the answer.
    Oh please...do tell

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: robinsonstoyshop,sells vintage toys,and very nice sports autographs,new to ebid..

I have not sold a lot on ebid
    But I have made some sales to some nice people
    But my thoughts are that if we do not support sites such as ebid, then ebay will keep treating their sellers like xxx.

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

All my feedback is from eBid. I SELL AND BUY here. So, yes, both happen......obviously, or the site would not stay open long. Hard to say why some things sell and some don't.....but it's the same everywhere. I've noticed sales on ebay on items I sometimes buy there are VERY slow right now. ....so it may have to do with the economic times. Being negative doesn't help.

Whoops = here's my stop...bye!
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

Forum Saint
    All-About moonwitch
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by deanosaur1972 View Post
    All this venom...............?? Must be a reason...

You know its funny but I have just seen something a little strange.......

Why did you leave the other side? I would bet a whole shilling that I might know the answer.
    Can two accounts who buy from each other have the same repatoo account???

I see something very odd in that if it's allowed.

Hello, firstly must apologise for my original harsh comments on ebid - came here to try and make a living and after hearing just the other day my nan is dying of cancer - hoped that site would take off quite quick and was slightly disappointed by lack of watchers & interest in my goods, ebid had pipped themselves as a close second to ebay and the same on sales - but this didn't seem to be happening..but true say as some nice ebideers have advised me it can take time..so I need to wait - maybe things didn't happen as quick as I hoped - so have to sit in for the long haul to see what happens..so apologies to any I may have offended by my off the cuff comments..didn't mean to stir up a hornets nest just hoped for some honest advise and directions on how this site really works and what I may have been doing wrong....But on the same hand I take offence to the last few comments on repatoo accounts and shilling' - please ask first before passing judgement - I left ebay due to having to have a emergency c-section with my 5th child which meant my postage times were delayed and although I explained things - my star ratings went down on shipment and I wouldn't post items out unsigned for so got knocked for my accurate postage costs when I had a sale and sold alot of items at 99p but some greedy buyers who won loads at the 99p didn't like having to spend more on the postage for the recorded delivery so knocked my star ratings on postal costs - if you wish to please contact ebay and they will gladly explain this as my closure reasons and I have the emails direct from them as proof..never in my life have I been linked to shill biddings or shilling as you kindly mention it - I deal right across the board and have a massive personal collection too..and have many regular customers from years of trading who are local to me ..maybe it would be nicer to ask positive questions before going for my throat with wild accusations..I have laid my heart on the line and apologised for my stupid remarks about ebid's lack on bids-- will let you know as soon as i get my first sale and will happily then eat my words.. thank you trudy

Forum Saint
    All-About moonwitch
    Forum Posts

when someone has two accounts on eBay and one account shows buying items from the other account and leaves feedback ...that is also classed as shilling ...just saying.

I guess the truth DOES offend some people.

Forum Master
    View DZAMBO's Feedback (+480)
    All-About DZAMBO
    View DZAMBO's Listings
    Forum Posts

I guess the truth DOES offend some people.[/QUOTE]

O yea….’’Truth’’ really can do that….I know that very well…...

All-About Juliebabe25
    Forum Posts

I don't think anyone can go to any auction site these days and expect to make a living on it.

Those days are gone.

(I mean for new sellers)

We are all aware of the early days when people bought antiques cheap and sold them on auction sites.
    And they bought cheap stuff in from China and sold it.
    They wrote books on it and there were tv articles on it.

But now every man and his dog is doing it I don't think that is no longer possible.

Best of luck to everyone

Quote Originally Posted by bnntreasures View Post
    for example i have a vintage lighter listed on ebid , low price , and probably have no chance of seliing it on ebid ,on ebay it would have been sold right away for a huge profit , thats whats upsetting to so many new sellers that come here with the hopes of doing well making money etc ....
    In reply to this and also your posts at #2 and #4.... (#2 and #4 are quite ridiculous statements)

bnntreasures:

If you spent as much time on your listing technique as you do complaining about no sales then you possibly might do better. You make little use of the eBid platform and seem to think that the whole site should change to suit you rather than bother to make any changes yourself.

You have been on eBid over 4 months - yet you have never had any Google Shopping/Wallet exposure.
    Your titles are all in lower case which is difficult to read (just as being all in upper case is difficult to read) use the correct case format.
    Descriptions in block paragraphs - again difficult to read.
    Vintage items listed as NEW ???
    3 collectable items - but not in a shop which would provide easier navigation and gives you an identity as a seller.
    Only 3 items listed so your exposure as a seller is minimal - and taking the above points in account, almost invisible.
    Feedback score is going down rather than up ????????????

List more - using a good listing technique that means you get some exposure. eBid provides the platform but if you don't use it then I see little reason for complaint, if you are unable to sell then you should be looking at yourself first and foremost and learning the best approach. Simply sitting back and doing nothing apart from using the forum to justify the reasons on why you cannot sell is not going to help you.........
    Last edited by deanosaur1972; 6th August 2012 at 05:48 PM.

All-About Juliebabe25
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by robinsonstoyshop View Post
    Hello, firstly must apologise for my original harsh comments on ebid - came here to try and make a living and after hearing just the other day my nan is dying of cancer - hoped that site would take off quite quick and was slightly disappointed by lack of watchers & interest in my goods, ebid had pipped themselves as a close second to ebay and the same on sales - but this didn't seem to be happening..but true say as some nice ebideers have advised me it can take time..so I need to wait - maybe things didn't happen as quick as I hoped - so have to sit in for the long haul to see what happens..so apologies to any I may have offended by my off the cuff comments..didn't mean to stir up a hornets nest just hoped for some honest advise and directions on how this site really works and what I may have been doing wrong....But on the same hand I take offence to the last few comments on repatoo accounts and shilling' - please ask first before passing judgement - I left ebay due to having to have a emergency c-section with my 5th child which meant my postage times were delayed and although I explained things - my star ratings went down on shipment and I wouldn't post items out unsigned for so got knocked for my accurate postage costs when I had a sale and sold alot of items at 99p but some greedy buyers who won loads at the 99p didn't like having to spend more on the postage for the recorded delivery so knocked my star ratings on postal costs - if you wish to please contact ebay and they will gladly explain this as my closure reasons and I have the emails direct from them as proof..never in my life have I been linked to shill biddings or shilling as you kindly mention it - I deal right across the board and have a massive personal collection too..and have many regular customers from years of trading who are local to me ..maybe it would be nicer to ask positive questions before going for my throat with wild accusations..I have laid my heart on the line and apologised for my stupid remarks about ebid's lack on bids-- will let you know as soon as i get my first sale and will happily then eat my words.. thank you trudy
    I'm with Deano

It would be great if you could edit this post by adding proper sentences and paragraphs.

Then I would read it.

Thread Information