eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wow! I've run afoul of the bay's community standards.

View JaBek1's Feedback (+25)
    All-About JaBek1
    View JaBek1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Wow! I've run afoul of the bay's community standards.

It appears I've run afoul of the Community Standards over on the bay's boards. Buyer wanted to know if it was alright to contact a seller he bought from in order to get another of the same item. The seller has similar items listed, but not in the color the buyer specifically wants. I told the buyer: "Actually, after doing business with them before, if you have their regular email address and can make your request outside of eBay, you may be able to negotiate a better price with the seller since there are no eBay fees involved."

Now of course, it would be a violation of their UA to conduct negotiations for an off site sale using their messaging system, but if the seller hasn't got the item listed and the buyer & seller handle all the details outside of the bay's system there isn't anything wrong with doing what I suggested to the buyer. After all, merely selling an item on a venue give them the exclusive right to be the only venue a similar item can be sold in perpetuity, does it? If so, anyone that has ever hired me to sell an item at auction would be required to have me represent them in all future sales of similar items. Right? Hummm... I could only wish. No! Ain't gonna happen.

However, I can't seem to understand how I'm encouraging a violation of their policy, if the following of my advice could result in no policy violation because there is no requirement for the buyer & seller to transact business through that venue in this instance. Therefor, I would have had to encourage the violation of a non-policy. Go figure! I'm hoping to hear back from their "Moderation Team" with an explanation. Should I hold my breath?

West Bromwich, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View merlin's Feedback (+3081)
    All-About merlin
    View merlin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Wow! I've run afoul of the bay's community standards.

don`t hold ya breath wepay and there forums are a joke

<<<<<<< got banned for saying baaaaaah sheep lol

was told i violated policy when i asked which i never got a reply ? too many button pushers on there who was so up each others back sides they all turned brown

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by merlin View Post
    don`t hold ya breath wepay and there forums are a joke

<<<<<<< got banned for saying baaaaaah sheep lol

was told i violated policy when i asked which i never got a reply ? too many button pushers on there who was so up each others back sides they all turned brown
    LOL, brown back sides! Thanks for the laugh, I needed it.

Since I don't buy or sell on eBay, I can't comment on their policies, sorry. Hope this works out for you.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

Hayling Island, Hampshire, United Kingdom
    View Fossy's Feedback (+826)
    All-About Fossy
    View Fossy's Listings
    Forum Posts

I do that frequently with Ebay. If I can get it cheaper direct or sell something direct then I have no qualms about it...... all's fair in love and war. And with Ebay it certainly isnt love.
    Chris
    (The sex & drugs have gone, but the rock 'n roll lives on)

Listen to Fossy on the Mojo Fingers Blues Show - Every weekday from 7 till 8pm

If Harmonica players don't blow - they suck.

View Rednosty's Feedback (+998)
    All-About Rednosty
    View Rednosty's Listings
    Forum Posts

I got chucked of the bay for Violation of there policy (Changes). Yes indeed I had about 400 odd listings on and when the bay decided to stop using google checkout as a payment choice (which ALL had this option IN my listings) So they gave me a warning by removing about 20 listings (which I had listed about 2 weeks before the changes) so I started to remove the Offending writing from each listing one by one (and that takes a long time) TWO DAYS Later they chucked me off for good saying I had violated and ignored the warning!!! Erm I was trying remove them!!!

Vintage Mechanical and Quartz Watches
    and collectables

Click on the link to enter my store

Why not visit my New Store. Where you will find almost anything

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Rednostys-All-Sorts-Store

I am well versed in all things at the Bay. ..US VERSION .When I get an inquiry of that sort now....I list it on eBid...and send them a link. One must "disguise" the link and put it as minervabird at ebid dot net or some silly nonsense for it will be stripped from the message window. I have a seller ID that has been banned from posting on the boards there since 2008. No warning, they just did not want to hear from me anymore due to my tenure and experience.

I will never begrudge the 2% fee I pay eBid. I can, of course, not use the gallery and have no final value fee. I post a gallery photo simply because I think the site deserves the 2%.....maybe if I make a mistake someday, I just might send eBid some cash in the mail.

LOLOLOL.

I sound like some silly eBid cheerleader. Maybe so. I want them to prosper, for I will prosper as well.

I used to feel that way about the bay. I no longer do feel that way.

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by minervabird View Post
    I will never begrudge the 2% fee I pay eBid. I can, of course, not use the gallery and have no final value fee. I post a gallery photo simply because I think the site deserves the 2%....I want them to prosper, for I will prosper as well.
    I feel the same way.

ditto! ditto! ditto!

LIFE IS BUT A DREAM! SHE BOOMS SHE BOOMS!

Quote Originally Posted by minervabird View Post
    I am well versed in all things at the Bay. ..US VERSION .When I get an inquiry of that sort now....I list it on eBid...and send them a link. One must "disguise" the link and put it as minervabird at ebid dot net or some silly nonsense for it will be stripped from the message window. I have a seller ID that has been banned from posting on the boards there since 2008. No warning, they just did not want to hear from me anymore due to my tenure and experience.

I will never begrudge the 2% fee I pay eBid. I can, of course, not use the gallery and have no final value fee. I post a gallery photo simply because I think the site deserves the 2%.....maybe if I make a mistake someday, I just might send eBid some cash in the mail.

LOLOLOL.

I sound like some silly eBid cheerleader. Maybe so. I want them to prosper, for I will prosper as well.

I used to feel that way about the bay. I no longer do feel that way.
    When I pay my fees I sometimes feel guilty. Mind you, I don't want the fees to go up but it does seem like a pittance after the fees on the dark side.

View JaBek1's Feedback (+25)
    All-About JaBek1
    View JaBek1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Haven't heard back from the moderation team regarding the details of my violation. I guess they're having a bit of trouble finding the exact one they think I broke. While I do admit it ain't nice to use their messaging system to arrange an off-site deal. If the item isn't currently listed & a previous customer contacts me through my own email address, I don't see how it would be a violation. And if that isn't a violation than advising others that that is what I'd do doesn't seem to be encouraging a violation.

Thread Information