Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Refund for LOST in the post item

Forum Newbie
    View mumof5sons's Feedback (+2045)
    All-About mumof5sons
    View mumof5sons's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Refund for LOST in the post item

I am sorry if this has been talked about before.

A customer bought a perfume before Christmas. brilliant I posted it and he claims it has not arrived. I have put in a claim with the post office and have let him know. but then I get this email

""""Hello,

Please see my email below of 13 January and respond by return. The perfume has still not arrived, we have had no further correspondence from you and no refund has been received. Please note that we require this matter settled once and for all (whether it be that the perfume is sent out again and received or a full refund is given) by Tuesday 31 January 2012.

Regards,

Donna """

to which I reply

"""" Hi Donna. & Jamie
    Thank you for this email. I did send another email to Jamie who is the purchaser of the product to see if the item had been received.

As you know the post office do not class an item as missing untill at least 15 working days. That said on wednesday I sent of the request for a refund from the post office and once that has been settled I can then either send you a refund or the perfume which ever you would like at the time. """"

I got this back
    """"Hi, please let me know once it has been settled. It has been a month and a half. Whether it gets settled or not is nothing to do with me, i ordred the goods in dec for an xmas pressie and still havent received it yet. I would appreciate if you sent the perfume to me asap, im not a happy customer. It is your responsibility for not having the parcel recorded for an extra few pence or sent via courier, not mine so please send the perfume!!

J.Fegan.""""

I do not mind giving a refund but as he had no feedback I thought I would wait untill post office refunded me.

Where would I stand if I decided to wait for the post office.- I must say that I have been very lucky in that I have only had 2 other lost in the posts in 5 years.

Forum Newbie
    View FRANCIS2000's Feedback (+87)
    All-About FRANCIS2000
    View FRANCIS2000's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Refund for LOST in the post item

Xmas post very very iffy to muck gos astray , post office say lost , i say stolen , no post is safe full stop, me myself i would take it as lost??? (stolen ) in post and re-fund strait away (not re-send) stop and think how you would feel if it happened to you?? a quick re-fund puts you in a good light, think on they do not no you ??? so how do they no you sent it??? and not just playing for time out??? (this dos happen) hope this is a help to you , but do please think on the buyers side as well

Haverfordwest, Pembrokeshire, United Kingdom
    View olivia8143's Feedback (+1394)
    All-About olivia8143
    View olivia8143's Listings
    Forum Posts

I had a buyer who's item was lost in the post recently and I asked him to wait 15 days to see if it turned up, it didn't so I refunded him in full and put in a claim to Royal Mail which they paid quite quickly. If you have a receipt for the item you'll get refunded in full, as I was, but if you don't you'll only get a book of stamps or something (according to my brother)

Forum Saint
    View Pink_Panther's Feedback (+177)
    All-About Pink_Panther
    View Pink_Panther's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by olivia8143 View Post
    I had a buyer who's item was lost in the post recently and I asked him to wait 15 days to see if it turned up, it didn't so I refunded him in full and put in a claim to Royal Mail which they paid quite quickly. If you have a receipt for the item you'll get refunded in full, as I was, but if you don't you'll only get a book of stamps or something (according to my brother)
    I lodged a claim for £30 quid with proof of posting and did not even get a reply.

I have had two further "Lost in Post" claims that I have had to refund. Total losses £80 with nothing from the post office.

I'm going to have to look to using a courier and recorded delivery as shipping methods.

To be honest "I do think that some of these claims if not all are dishonest".

Forum Newbie
    View FRANCIS2000's Feedback (+87)
    All-About FRANCIS2000
    View FRANCIS2000's Listings
    Forum Posts

(1) their is no such thing as lost in post!!!!
    (2) its been stolen by someone
    (3) if this happens and they do not get back to you inform them you will go to the police and report it as stolen we have laws , use them , we have rights use them, plus i use magic water if i get lost in post i inform them i will have to send police round to take a statement off them plus they can tell if they or anyone has handled the goods, A WHAT DO YOU NO????, WHO WOULD HAVE THOUGHT IT???, WELL I DON'T NO, IT WAS LEFT NEXT DOOR???????
    YEEEEEEEER

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Well, Francis.........things DO get lost in the mail, or perhaps not even sent. I've ordered things (from another site), paid, and they never arrive. Contacted seller, who said they would send again. Second item never arrived. All other things from other sellers do arrive...............what is a buyer to think???

I'm sure mumof5 sent the item in good faith. The comment that she should have paid more to have it recorded is questionable, in my book. If the buyer wanted it recorded, or insure, he should have inquired and requested it, if it wasn't part of the standard listing. To say the seller should have, after the fact, seems to be clutching at straws to try to strengthen their claim. THAT being said, with some people it's easier to refund and move on.
    Last edited by HerMajesty; 29th January 2012 at 10:44 AM.
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

Normally i send replacements or give a refund then make the claim with Royal Mail as it can take a month at best to even be looked at.

Strange it never happens with Ebid sales.

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HerMajesty View Post
    Well, Francis.........things DO get lost in the mail, or perhaps not even sent. I've ordered things (from another site), paid, and they never arrive. Contacted seller, who said they would send again. Second item never arrived. All other things from other sellers do arrive...............what is a buyer to think???

I'm sure mumof5 sent the item in good faith. The comment that she should have paid more to have it recorded is questionable, in my book. If the buyer wanted it recorded, or insure, he should have inquired and requested it, if it wasn't part of the standard listing. To say the seller should have, after the fact, seems to be clutching at straws to try to strengthen their claim. THAT being said, with some people it's easier to refund and move on.
    Agree with HM, holiday post is notoriously unreliable in most places, though stuffs do get lost at other times as well, or sometimes just misdirected. It's possible the buyer is dishonest, but with only one purchase it's hard to make that sort of judgement; IMHO better to refund and move on as HM says. If you have tracking info. and have entered this into Paypal, you can file through Paypal to get reimbursed, this is what I did when I had a buyer claim an item wasn't received; according to the P.O. it was delivered, so I was refunded. This is why I use tracking on all packages, no exceptions; most buyers are honest and most items arrive at their intended destinatons, but this does CYA in case something goes awry.

Good luck and best wishes for many sales to all,

View kazeran's Feedback (+7908)
    All-About kazeran
    View kazeran's Listings
    Forum Posts

I don't like to be controversial but, you can always sue Royal Mail? They offer a service and if an item is lost in their care, they have a responsibilty of care, whether they like it or not, the court will hold them responsible.
    Small claims court is cheap and when you win Royal Mail have to pay the costs.
    Dont take it lying down, if you have lost a fair amount, you can add up a years worth of RM rejected claims and plonk a writ on their desk.
    Just a thought....

Forum Newbie
    View wgbps9's Feedback (+9381)
    All-About wgbps9
    View wgbps9's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi
    Of all the stamps & coins i'v sold (1500+) on the other site, &e-bid, I have had only two items 'not delivered' both were coins,not expensive ,99p, (as a majority of my items only seem to get i bid).sent to india(surprise,surprise) i refunded the monies almost imediately.and promptly barred bidders from that country,i always get proof of postage, and any item over £10 i pay for recorded mail (75p extra).also all the stamps i have bought on e-bid & e-**** have all been delivered. Perhaps i'm lucky i don't know, happy selling to all,

david

Thread Information