Thread: Cocktails!!! and Music

Forum Saint
    View Oldandintheway's Feedback (+385)
    All-About Oldandintheway
    View Oldandintheway's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Cocktails!!! and Music

I got lucky with the rainbow pix
    Here's one of our Aussie "chooks" they eat a lot - but the eggs are HUGE!

Further to the storm last Saturday - "they" are saying we had upwards of 390,000 lightning strikes - & I believe it.
    As my local town is caravan (RV) friendly, we have a free overnight camping ground in a park for the "grey nomads" & camping set.
    Apparently, some vans were blown over during the storm.
    Another 2 people (in Brisbane) were struck by lightning during the storm. One lady was leaning on an aluminium window frame looking out at the time!
    TODAY - you wouldn't know it ever happened.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUhBkLCvlYo

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

I do love to hear and see how the other half lives. I am surprised the roo is content being so lose to the Emu

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

THAT is one hugemongous birdie!
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

Yoo-hoo! Anyone about?
    I could do with a 'stiffie' .... but sadly I have to wait until tomorrow night, as that's when my course of antibiotics end.
    I'm fed up with all this palaver taking tablets and having blood tests.
    I have to go for more bloods on Wed, to see if the antibiotic has cured the lung infection. Sure hope so, I'm sure they are feeding my blood to a vampire!

Things are so hectic what with orders from all over the place - it took me hours and hours to find over 60 tea cards for a newbie here on eBid. I also had an order for some votives and three dozen tea lights for my daughter's friend, who is an aromatherapist.
    I'm doing my best to do all my Christmas shopping online for my humongous family - (seems we breed like rabbits!)
    I cannot face traipsing around the big shops in Ipswich - I get claustrophobic and also suffer with car parking space and queue rage! Grrr!

Anyways cocktailers, lovely to read all the posts.
    Hey Old, that sure is one helluva bird! Crikey, you could stuff a duvet with all those feathers! Your rainbow pics are awesome, and I'm glad to hear that you are safe what with all the storms and lightning strikes. I thought Florida was the lightning capital of the world, but I doubt if anywhere else could beat that amount of lightning strikes. Yikes!

Wyo, seems like I missed out on the crock pot feast, when are you cooking again? I have my begging bowl right handy!
    Hope the big storm tomorrow doesn't cause too much grief, Mother Nature can be so cruel at times. Hope you managed to get all your supplies in today.

Oh boy Shes - 72 tornadoes.... yikes! We are very lucky here, just the occasional bad storm which often causes flooding to the poor folk who live in low lying areas.
    Snow can be disruptive to the folk up North, here in Suffolk we don't seem to get any. It's years ago since we had a decent snowfall.
    You are very kind helping out your neighbour, I sure hope that he can benefit from your help with the therapy. Betcha any money he is sooo glad that you are his neighbour and you care about him. Well done you!
    Yep, Shes, I have the energy to laugh (always can find the energy for a chuckle or two!). Do tell about your 'run in' with the goat! My imagination is already working overtime, and I can't wait to hear the tale!

Meebo, if you pop in, all best wishes to you for your hospital visit and your op. Thinking of you and sending a big hug (((((xxx)))))

Posbear and books - whatcha up to? We miss you.

Keep safe everyone, if I get time I will provide coffee for us in the morning.
    Visit my clothes store -here
    Look in my treasure in trove ! here
    For
    soy wax candles, tarts & melts click here
    For trading cards click here
    Visit my Tazo barhere

Forum Saint
    All-About Oldandintheway
    Forum Posts

Hiya all
    Meebs, Skippys & "chooks" aren't natural enemies so they don't worry each other usually - however I think that Skippy was asleep
    Trish, hope ya get a clean bill of health, so you can start that pickling solution again
    I haven't started with my Chrissy shopping yet - except for the baby brooch for the new cheeky monkey!

OK - I'll be first (???) HAPPY CHRISSY cocktailers!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1aY...13C964&index=1

PS - Another one!
    http://www.skynews.com.au/news/natio...-in-nsw_051216

Last edited by Oldandintheway; 5th December 2016 at 10:57 PM. Reason: added news link

Old, just loved that Aussie Christmas choon! (Sad to hear about the tourist who was struck by lightning, his family must be absolutely devastated).
    Hope that you aren't baking in all the heat, remember to drink plenty of fluids ......

I declare the cocktail bar well and truly open and ready for business (seeing as I have finished the last course of antibiotics)
    Pull up a chair and join me in a little drink or two - I am being a tad temperate though, as I have the blood tests tomorrow. I wouldn't want to melt the syringe.

Pleased with my Christmas shopping today, I got carried away a bit though and spent waaay too much! Oh well, who cares, I don't.
    Life is for living, and the pleasure in giving. (I should coin that!)

My son phoned me earlier, he is moving into his new flat/apartment on Monday. It isn't furnished, so it's all hands on deck trying to help him out.
    He isn't quite so sad anymore, and I think he is looking forward to a new start, and I'm sure he will be OK.

Well, all this nattering has left me thirsty, so I have just been downstairs and filled my glass.
    I'll give you a clue as to what's in it ....
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyQ-tScuzwM

Answers on a postcard please! (It's one of my very favourite choons BTW)
    Visit my clothes store -here
    Look in my treasure in trove ! here
    For
    soy wax candles, tarts & melts click here
    For trading cards click here
    Visit my Tazo barhere

​Still here, snowed in - not really just to the point where I don't go out. We got about 4 inches during the night and high winds were predicted, but I didn't see them. Handy man was here today, and my list is completed!!!!! Love it!

I have my solar lights for the front yard mounted on the house and I shall soon see how they work. The new weatherproof dog door is in and the door bell works, the curtain rods are hung - now I have to make the curtains. and lastly, nothing can be done about the kitchen windows.

Work day tomorrow.

<a href=http://us.ebid.net/stores/Princess-Os-Treasures target=_blank><font color=#111111><span style=font-family: Tahoma>http://us.ebid.net/stores/Princess-Os-Treasures</span></font></a>

I YDC, Do you?

Lots to catch up on!! This old hermit has had to leave home 4 days this past week! That's probably a record for me - LOL!! Went to the big city (about 25,000 people) to do some shopping on Sun - in pain and in the rain - UGH! Had a Dr. appt. on Tue and she gave me some different meds that "seem" to be helping my overall body pain - fingers crossed! Had to go back on Wed because the pharmacy messed up my order and I didn't realize until I got home - gave me something I did NOT ask for that I can't even take with the new meds, forgot to give me something I did ask for and said they never got the fax for the new script. So I went back to town Wed. to get that straightened out. Forgot both days to stop at the hospital and get my knee x-rayed - that can wait until next week. Had a consult appointment at the Fitness Spa yesterday with the girl who is doing my hair, nails and make-up for a wedding.

I'm celebrating a day at home with a pajama day!!! I'll just slip on my heavy winter gear over my pj's when I have to go out and feed - it MIGHT get to 40 degrees today.

OLD - I heard about your storms and lightning strikes on the news here. Sounds awful!! With that many lightning strikes, my dingo would never come out from under the bed! We had several days of rain here - everything from pouring to sprinkling but no thunder or lightning.

I Googled "chooks" and got some interesting information - AU has actual small chickens called chooks (saw a picture of one that was pink???) and emus are called "bush chooks". And I found an crazy poem, entitled "I Hope Your Chooks Turn Into Emus" LOL!!! I have an uncle that was into "exotic birds" at one time and had ostriches and emus - I did not go in the pen. I did get to hold a baby wallaby and watch him crawl back into his hanging pouch - he was sweet.

WYO - Hearing about all your snow makes me very grateful to be living in TN these days!! The most snow I've seen here was 5" at one time and it was gone the next day, except for places in the shade. I DO own a snow shovel, but it's for scooping up the "fertilizer" from under the rabbit cages - lol!

What ever happened with the dead chicken?? More than once I've gone out to find dead chickens scattered over my yard, due to neighbors (thankfully GONE now) letting their dogs run loose. The last time it happened, I picked up every dead chicken and dropped them all at their front door!! While I do have the legal right to shoot any dog that comes on my property and "harasses" my livestock, I just can't bring myself to do it.

I don't blame you for not letting the guy in the house - even if he was legit. With my 2 Rotties gone, I've had even more people showing up at the door. I open it a crack and pretend to struggle with a vicious sounding dingo and they usually leave very quickly.

How are you doing? Any more "spells"???

TRISH - I hope you are feeling better too!! Is the infection all gone?? You sure sound like you've been busy in spite of not feeling well - glad you are having some sales

It sounds like we have the same reactions to shopping in town - when I finally get home I feel "beat to death"! Fortunately, I have very little Christmas shopping to do but I still try to do it online. Got my mom's C-mas/birthday shopping done this morning and they will ship it directly to her - YEA!!

My neighbor really needs to be in a nursing home or have a 24/7 live in but he doesn't want to leave home - not that I can blame him. You would have got a good laugh at me yesterday - Hobbling down the road in robe and slippers!! He called and said he fell (again!) and couldn't get up. He doesn't speak well so I didn't know how bad hurt he was. Fortunately, just some scrapes and bruises so I cleaned him up, changed his clothes, set everything straight that he had knocked over while trying to get up and made sure he had something to eat and drink by his chair and told him to "Stay put" as I had to leave for an appointment. I prayed nobody would drive by as I was going home and think that I was doing the "Walk of Shame", dressed as I was!

I was sitting at the computer (without my glasses on) and looked out the window to see what I thought was a deer, eating in my flower bed. Put my glasses on and it was a full grown male goat with 10" horns!! I left the dog inside - not wanting him to get the idea he could chase deer and hobbled outside, waving a big stick and yelling at him. When I got close, he took off and ran down the road. The next day he was there again - evidently I wasn't scary enough so I did set the dog loose while I stayed on the porch. He went after the goat but instead of running down the road again, the dang goat ran right up on the front porch at me!! He ran into the corner of the porch and the dog just stood there and looked, as if he thought I was going to let the goat in the house or something! I thought my man was coming out behind me so I figured if I could get a lead around his neck we could put him in the dog pen until we found the owner. Just about had the noose around him when it brushed the tip of his horns. Down went his head and he charged again. Fortunately there was just enough room to flatten myself against the house and he ran down the steps. The dog took up chase again and ran him down the road. He was seen in the neighborhood a couple of times after that, but never in my yard. Found out later that the neighbors were seen bringing him home in a cage in the back of their truck and evidently they never got him into their pen. Two nights in a row I heard gun shots after dark, so I'm hoping that the goat is now residing in their freezer!!

Well, better go get feeding done and then maybe a nap???

Y'all take care!!

Shes

Forum Saint
    All-About Oldandintheway
    Forum Posts

Shesa - I hope your Uncle didn't get his dunny kicked down

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpg22KSrswc

A lot of the snow is melted today, but more predicted for next week and I need a haircut, durn it.

Shes - I don't know what got the chicken, unless it was eating dog poop. I saw it eating some and it was in Oni's favorite area of the yard. We picked it up and took it over and put it in front of the neighbor's gate as they did not come to collect it. It laid there for a day, and then was gone. I had called and left a message that there was a dead chicken in my yard but never heard back. Maybe I should have said I expected them to collect it. It was their chicken.

I'm doing fine, no more "spells". Still trying to get over to the Dr.'s. Every time I set up an appointment it snows, and I don't drive in snow anymore. My friend gave a little lecture today ending with "I said I would drive you." The medical center in Pine Bluffs is changing management the first of the year and if I get entangled with a Dr. over there now, I'll have to go to Cheyenne to see him so I'm a bit torn on that account. At this point I figure all they can do is give me a checkup anyway. I'll get it done though.

My 80 year old neighbor called this morning and I still don't know what that was about, perhaps ink for her printer. She has such a hard time with her computer and she won't get an internet connection, so I can't always help her, She doesn't want to use re-manufactured cartridges even though they are like half price of the new ones and I have a source I've used for years. I gave her their toll free number, so I guess we will see.

<a href=http://us.ebid.net/stores/Princess-Os-Treasures target=_blank><font color=#111111><span style=font-family: Tahoma>http://us.ebid.net/stores/Princess-Os-Treasures</span></font></a>

I YDC, Do you?

Thread Information