Thread: Refund for LOST in the post item

Forum Newbie
    View Cailleach's Feedback (+1816)
    All-About Cailleach
    View Cailleach's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Refund for LOST in the post item

Quote Originally Posted by mumof5sons View Post
    It is your responsibility for not having the parcel recorded for an extra few pence .......
    I do not mind giving a refund but as he had no feedback I thought I would wait untill post office refunded me.
    Just a thought ......If its lost.....how did they know that it wasn't recorded?

or doesn't recorded mail go missing?
    eBid - the pheonix of auction sites.

http://uk.ebid.net/items/Cailleach

Thornton Cleveleys, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View cheaver's Feedback (+1050)
    All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cailleach View Post
    Just a thought ......If its lost.....how did they know that it wasn't recorded?

or doesn't recorded mail go missing?
    I have, so far, only ever had one item go missing - Sent Recorded Delivery. I was refunded the entire cost (item + postage) from Royal Mail.

Forum Newbie
    All-About coolsid
    View coolsid's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BAGHAG999 View Post
    Normally i send replacements or give a refund then make the claim with Royal Mail as it can take a month at best to even be looked at.

Strange it never happens with Ebid sales.
    8th April 2012. We have just recieved a letter from the Uk Royal Mail stating that in order to make a claim for a Lost item ,we now have to provide them with proof in the form of a reciept regarding how much we originally paid for the lost/stolen item.
    It seems that they are not content with proof of posting and details of the value of the lost items any more.
    This is scandelous, Iv'e heard of cut backs and reducing costs but this is wrong. May there is something here for the Media to make public.
    Ps this was not an Ebid item that was lost/stolen.
    Sid.

Quote Originally Posted by coolsid View Post
    8th April 2012. We have just recieved a letter from the Uk Royal Mail stating that in order to make a claim for a Lost item ,we now have to provide them with proof in the form of a reciept regarding how much we originally paid for the lost/stolen item.
    It seems that they are not content with proof of posting and details of the value of the lost items any more.
    This is scandelous, Iv'e heard of cut backs and reducing costs but this is wrong. May there is something here for the Media to make public.
    Ps this was not an Ebid item that was lost/stolen.
    Sid.
    They have done this for a while now , they use to accept the selling price on invoice but now i send a copy of invoice for goods with claim, they also sometimes write to the buyer to confirm goods didnt arrive and dont always get a reply back.
    All this i suppose is to cut out the false claims they were getting.

Forum Master
    View darklisruthven's Feedback (+1327)
    All-About darklisruthven
    View darklisruthven's Listings
    Forum Posts

They have done this for a while now , they use to accept the selling price on invoice but now i send a copy of invoice for goods with claim, they also sometimes write to the buyer to confirm goods didnt arrive and dont always get a reply back.
    All this i suppose is to cut out the false claims they were getting.
    Yep, but it is crazy, because they effectively accept other peoples property, on trust, (including outside post-boxes where you dont get a reciept) for an advertised delivery service, then break that "contract" and frequently refuse to recompense. I had quite a few things go missing a year or so ago, in a whole "spate", and had all the reciepts and proof etc. It was a hard fight to get compensation, and then they wrote to me and told me that I had claimed on too many missing items (depsite them having all the proof supplied) and they will not recognise any future claims unless sent "signed for", regardless of reciepts /proof of posting being supplied! I am utterly disgusted with RM to be honest. Not our local door-to-door postie, who is a gem, but the other machinations in the background.
    Meantime this end, I have been having a spate of recieving a lot of letters and things slit open.

Quote Originally Posted by darklisruthven View Post
    Yep, but it is crazy, because they effectively accept other peoples property, on trust, (including outside post-boxes where you dont get a reciept) for an advertised delivery service, then break that "contract" and frequently refuse to recompense. I had quite a few things go missing a year or so ago, in a whole "spate", and had all the reciepts and proof etc. It was a hard fight to get compensation, and then they wrote to me and told me that I had claimed on too many missing items (depsite them having all the proof supplied) and they will not recognise any future claims unless sent "signed for", regardless of reciepts /proof of posting being supplied! I am utterly disgusted with RM to be honest. Not our local door-to-door postie, who is a gem, but the other machinations in the background.
    Meantime this end, I have been having a spate of recieving a lot of letters and things slit open.
    I had them ring me about 4 claims i sent in, at the time i was posting 30 odd items a day they said it was below average and havant bothered me since

Forum Newbie
    View RetroT's Feedback (+7)
    All-About RetroT
    View RetroT's Listings
    Forum Posts

I have a package that went missing on me too. I bought some jewelry from a gent in the UK on the 6th and haven't yet received it. How do I get a refund without messing up the seller? I'm sure it isn't his fault, but... Can he file a claim? I'm in the US who do we file a claim against RM, or USPS?

Quote Originally Posted by RetroT View Post
    I have a package that went missing on me too. I bought some jewelry from a gent in the UK on the 6th and haven't yet received it. How do I get a refund without messing up the seller? I'm sure it isn't his fault, but... Can he file a claim? I'm in the US who do we file a claim against RM, or USPS?
    Only the sender can make a claim from Royal Mail , i would contact seller regarding this.

Forum Master
    Penarth, The Vale of Glamorgan, United Kingdom
    View Salomina27's Feedback (+273)
    All-About Salomina27
    View Salomina27's Listings
    Forum Posts

Ive had items go missing, but mostly on the receiving end since living in Cardiff ( a crime and theft hotspot)
    One of my customer's didn't receive an item some time ago now, well over a year ago, I waited the 15 days like Meebo, then refunded them myself whilst putting in a claim with RM I am STILL waiting for a reply!
    I mentioned it to the post office recently and they just told me to put in another claim with a cover note, yes but the original receipt etc was in the original claim form! As mentioned there is not enough accountability with them either

If you want a stroppy customer how about this:

Item purchased (eBid) 17th October, UK to India. Cost of item £18.99.

"Today is 20th Oct and the materials have not yet reached. The courier delivery time is already over in India and now its 3.30 pm (IST). Incase it is not arriving by tomorrow 1.00 pm (IST) thern I am going to report the same to International Consumer Forum and UK Consumer Affairs. My money has a value and I have paid in advance it not on COD basis."

"Today is 24-Oct-2011 and till now I have not received the material. I had asked for the reference no so that the same could have been tracked on-line but you have not bothered to share the same.

There are 2 options for you kindly suggest which one you would like to choose;

1) Refund 100 % of the Amount paid to you for the material plus another 100 % towards failure of services;
    2) Pay refund of 2000 Pound through Consumer Court.

Your reply is awaited at the earliest."

The package arrived after about 3 weeks, damaged and with some of the contents missing. I sent a replacement which apparently did not arrive.

Thread Information